MLP

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

MLP

Post by Lighthawk »

With episode 3 (finally) on it's way, I figured we're probably overdue for a thread where the bronies can discuss things without bugging the heathens, er...normals.

And while we wait the last few days, how about a poll, because we all love polls. They let us qualify our enjoyment by showing us how close our opinions come to matching those of our fellows.
Last edited by Lighthawk on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: MLP

Post by Artemisia »

Hopefully this thread will last longer than the last one, but I agree that we should have this thread.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Did we have one before this? Huh, shows how much attention I pay sometimes.

For those of you interested in such things, SF Debris is going to be airing a FiM review on the 20th. I guess because Chuck figured he wasn't being as big a nerd as possible just reviewing Star Trek, B5, Dr. Who, and Red Dwarf. Should be amusing.

If you have no idea who and what I'm talking about, look here.
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Well, here's a couple of cute pics to go with the new thread

"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yeah, I think we should have our own thread now, but yeah, this was tried once before and got merged with the pictures thread. This is more fun though :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Ah...now I recall. However before any mods get any ideas, this isn't a thread for spamming pony pics (though I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything if some show up here), but for discussing the show and things related to it.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

1. Fluttershy is best pony.

2. I am so stealing this thread and hauling it off to my domain. Because it belongs there.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

1) I'm actually amazed how even the results are so far

2) Only if it's the domain of friendship and sharing

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I can't believe there isn't enough Twilight Sparkle fan here... I mean, really... ;)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, Twilight is my favorite largely because I understand where she is coming from. It's kind of like my favorite character on Torchwood is Toshika. I tend to really like those who are, well, like me. You know, awkward, not really use to having friends, kind of incapable of understanding how friendship works, that kind of thing. She's someone who doesn't quite fit in, and it's kind of why I really like her. If you really think about it, my favorite MC character is Sandi more than anyone else. I know what she's going through.

So, yeah, I voted for Twilight Sparkle.

Plus, I'm nocturnal....

I also have to say that, despite all the people who tend to assume that Rainbow Dash is lesbian, I would be more apt to say that Twilight would make for a more realistic candidate on that front because, well, the social awkwardness is not uncommon among younger- and even older- lesbians.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

AJ = Fighter
Dash = Theif
Twilight = Red Mage
Flutterhsy = White Mage
Rarity = ?
Pinkie Pie = ?
Spike = ?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Pinkie = Chaos Mage... even if there is no such class in the game, she can be one... ;)

And a fun little link: Keep Calm and Love Ponies

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Tactics Advance had the Gadgeteer, which had a 50/50 chance of hitting either all enemies or all allies with status effects. That chaos mage enough for you?

I'd go Juggler for her myself, better theme fit.
Spike, Dragoon...because I mean, really...
Rarity stumps me though

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Lighthawk wrote:2) Only if it's the domain of friendship and sharing
Actually, it's the domain of Media Madness, where discussion of TV shows theoretically takes place. But it can be the domain of friendship if you like.

But not of sharing, because it's mine. All mine.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

...*pokes Fluttershy so she falls into the net*