What are you watching this month?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Ryokosha wrote:I don't know, Nanho's rather innocent charm is cute.
Pullin' a Vita there.

"Hey you, Nano-something-or-other!"

It was "Na...Na...Nantoka!" (something-or-other or so-and-so) or something similar in Japanese.

Fate and Hayate are still my favorite characters. Subaru and Reinforce Zwei are close too, though.

*has watched A's far too many times*

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

DawnBandit wrote:Hayate is the best.

You'd better agree with me.
Zero agrees.

*shot*

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Oh, wit.

In other news, checking out Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. Wasn't fond of Higurashi, we'll see how this turns out.

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

I'm watchin Umineko no Naku Koro ni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saw the 1st episode. I Can't wait 2 see how it all plays out. i shuld play the game...
Peregrin wrote:Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is freaking me right the f**k out.
Wait till you get to Umineko, this WILL freak you out even more. And it's bloodier, the manga is anyway. i.e. 6 people w/ their face melted off or something similar.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Ugh. I honestly didn't like the first season of Higurashi because of the gory bits. The last arc was good because Rena is awesome and didn't decide to kill everyone, but apart from that, it really took the second season to save the series for me. But on that note, I really did like the second season. I'll probably give Umineko a try just for that.

I just finished the third season of "Zero no Tsukaima." My only complaint is that Louise is one of the dumbest, most annoying characters I've ever had to watch. The fact that I made it through all of the seasons shows how much of a sucker I am for magical schools and plot twists that are predictable in that they turn out how I want them to (apart from the shipping, obviously). In this way, I have been playing Tsukihime in order to relieve my angers at the maid not being the main character's love interest in the aforementioned show. Because it has two maids.

And for Dawn, because I couldn't find the "I Love Dogs!" picture:

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:I just finished the third season of "Zero no Tsukaima." My only complaint is that Louise is one of the dumbest, most annoying characters I've ever had to watch. The fact that I made it through all of the seasons shows how much of a sucker I am for magical schools and plot twists that are predictable in that they turn out how I want them to (apart from the shipping, obviously). In this way, I have been playing Tsukihime in order to relieve my angers at the maid not being the main character's love interest in the aforementioned show. Because it has two maids.
Personally, I thought the third season of ZnT was one of the dumbest things I've ever laid eyes on. I quit it the moment Tiffania hit the screen and the entire thing tried to be too cool and epic for it's own good.

Anyways, the tentative schedule for Summer:
Haruhi II
Umi Monogatari
Basquash!
Tears to Tiara
Canaan
Spice & Wolf II

And still deciding on:
Kanamemo
Needless
Bakemonogatari

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

DawnBandit wrote:Personally, I thought the third season of ZnT was one of the dumbest things I've ever laid eyes on. I quit it the moment Tiffania hit the screen and the entire thing tried to be too cool and epic for it's own good.
Ugh. Way to make me feel bad for watching it. But yes, it's very true. But Colbert came back, which is really all that mattered to me.

Now that I'm done with that, though, I think I'll try K-ON! and Moyashimon. They cover both of my subjects between the two of them, although not quite the right genre for the former. Still, Cirno's castanet playing has convinced me to give it a try. I also have to watch the "ef" stuff at some point. I've been avoiding it because it seems too much like Key, and after Clannad After Story, I'm tentative to watch things like that again. I mean, I loved Clannad, but no matter how hard the cover it up with the Deus Ex Machina ending, I was still seriously depressed for at least a week. Way more than I was for Air.

All_Hail_Otakudom

Peregrin wrote:Ugh. I honestly didn't like the first season of Higurashi because of the gory bits. The last arc was good because Rena is awesome and didn't decide to kill everyone, but apart from that, it really took the second season to save the series for me. But on that note, I really did like the second season. I'll probably give Umineko a try just for that.
Since you did finish Higurashi Kai, are you going to watch Higurashi Rei? It's a 5 EP OVA. The first 4 are out already.
[b]USO DA!![/b]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

I plan to watch them at some point. However, I keep getting side-tracked. This time by Kara no Kyoukai. Which, by the way, is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

All_Hail_Otakudom

I actually just heard of that series while surfing around & I want to watch it 2, but I don't know where I can. And besides that I'm watching Baccano! Very interesting series.
[b]USO DA!![/b]

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

I love Fruits Basket so I think ill watch that again! Im also watching Saki, that one is quite interesting.
Last edited by maraxl60 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

All_Hail_Otakudom wrote:I actually just heard of that series while surfing around & I want to watch it 2, but I don't know where I can. And besides that I'm watching Baccano! Very interesting series.
Google searches are very helpful in this way. It's a current series, so you should find plenty of options with little effort. I highly recommend it. Each movie is about an hour (although the 5th is 2), and there are only 5 currently subbed, so it won't take too much time away from other series if you're worried about that.[/salespitch]

All_Hail_Otakudom

Peregrin wrote:
All_Hail_Otakudom wrote:I actually just heard of that series while surfing around & I want to watch it 2, but I don't know where I can. And besides that I'm watching Baccano! Very interesting series.
Google searches are very helpful in this way. It's a current series, so you should find plenty of options with little effort. I highly recommend it. Each movie is about an hour (although the 5th is 2), and there are only 5 currently subbed, so it won't take too much time away from other series if you're worried about that.[/salespitch]
That's good since I already have to many series to keep track of. Though after my 5th time through Higurashi I realized that Rena's seiyuu is Nagisa's seiyuu from Strawberry Panic. Besides Baccano I'm also watchin NEEDLESS.
[b]USO DA!![/b]

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

All_Hail_Otakudom wrote:
Peregrin wrote:Ugh. I honestly didn't like the first season of Higurashi because of the gory bits. The last arc was good because Rena is awesome and didn't decide to kill everyone, but apart from that, it really took the second season to save the series for me. But on that note, I really did like the second season. I'll probably give Umineko a try just for that.
Since you did finish Higurashi Kai, are you going to watch Higurashi Rei? It's a 5 EP OVA. The first 4 are out already.
I haven't watched those yet, but according to my brother, Rei was pretty boring. It supposedly lacks any of the tension, or thrill of the series. Course, those are his words not mine. Gonna end up watching it eventually.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

I am watching Higurashi right now. I love the suspence, although I could live without all that gore and blood.

How it goes from person to person with their stories, is what keeps me watching it.