Luna Questions? Ask Them Here!

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Luna Questions? Ask Them Here!

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ravenhull wrote:Looking at the AALuna page, am I correct in that only volume 1 is available in webcomic format?
We ran book 1 and 4 (and part of 5) as a webcomic at one point, but we've since taken them down. We currently only have chapter 1 and 2 of book 1 available in our old book viewer (it's a tad small as it comes from an earlier time when people used 800x600 screens):
http://gomanga.com/mv/index.php?series=aal

But all 7 volumes are available in ebook form for the Ipad, Kindle, and Nook. And we have omnibus editions out of books 1-3 and 4-5, and singles for books 6 and 7.

Parallax

Question

Post by Parallax »

Honored Greetings! I've been reading every volume of "Amazing Agent Luna" I can get my hands on. The story/writing is vastly superior to anything Hollywood could ever conceive of! The art puts my pathetic efforts to shame!
My silly question is "What would happen if "The Agency" were to cross paths with "The Firm" from the TV series "Airwolf"?

Nunzio DeFilippis

Re: Question

Post by Nunzio DeFilippis »

Parallax wrote:My silly question is "What would happen if "The Agency" were to cross paths with "The Firm" from the TV series "Airwolf"?
Then Luna would handle her missions from the cockpit of a bitchin' helicopter!

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Not so much a question but a comment: Picked up the print Volume One yesterday and man, Mr. Kajiwara turned out to be an even bigger bastard than I thought he was. Wow.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I've done the same... and the same reaction.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Nunzio DeFilippis

Post by Nunzio DeFilippis »

Azrael wrote:Not so much a question but a comment: Picked up the print Volume One yesterday and man, Mr. Kajiwara turned out to be an even bigger bastard than I thought he was. Wow.
When writing it, we knew he wasn't allowed any sort of 'peace' with Jennifer, because they're still sorting it out way later in AAL v2.

But yeah, he's a real jerk, isn't he?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yes, having previously read Amazing Agent Luna I didn't expect any warm and fuzzy reconciliations, but I also didn't expect quite that level of asshattery either.

Looking forward to more of both titles. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

To a degree I feel for the writers in this case. They had to work with a character that was already established to be a pain in the future. Though they might have taken the path that he wasn't initially such a jerk, but the falling out between them escalated things and he was only coming back down by the time of AAL.

I am assuming that we are going to see little or nothing of her family after Vol 1 of AAJ, given what happens in Vol 2 of AAL.

Parallax

Re: Question

Post by Parallax »

Nunzio DeFilippis wrote:
Parallax wrote:My silly question is "What would happen if "The Agency" were to cross paths with "The Firm" from the TV series "Airwolf"?
Then Luna would handle her missions from the cockpit of a bitchin' helicopter!
Wait'll she gets a load of K.I.T.T. :D

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Okay, got a question about AAJ and it's publishing schedule. I saw on the AAL Facebook page a preview image for Vol 2 (warning, spoilers). Does this mean that Volume 2 might be coming out in the near future? Also, we are only about a third of the way through Volume 1. Given that the pages are already ready to go, might it be better to ramp up the update speed to 4 or even 5 days a week, which should still leave Volume 1 winding down when Vol 2 comes out. (The same might be said about DE, while on the other hand, since VC/PMS are sharing the same book, the 3 days a week seems to work with the publication schedule).

Just some thoughts. I've enjoyed AAJ (having bought and read the print version) and look forward to the story continuing. (And one of these days, I'm gonna sit down and finish reading AAL, considering I've already bought them...)

Also, a minor note... if you feel up to doing any more pinup style shots of Jennifer, one of her based on the image of her going to confront her father after graduation would be nice. ;)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ravenhull wrote:Okay, got a question about AAJ and it's publishing schedule. I saw on the AAL Facebook page a preview image for Vol 2 (warning, spoilers). Does this mean that Volume 2 might be coming out in the near future?
Yep, Amazing Agent Jennifer Vol. 2 is printing this week and should be in stores January 3, 2012.

Also, we are only about a third of the way through Volume 1. Given that the pages are already ready to go, might it be better to ramp up the update speed to 4 or even 5 days a week, which should still leave Volume 1 winding down when Vol 2 comes out. (The same might be said about DE, while on the other hand, since VC/PMS are sharing the same book, the 3 days a week seems to work with the publication schedule).
While the update schedule might seem a little slow for readers that pick the print or ebook editions, we're viewing the ZoomComics webcomic run as more of a jumping on point for anyone to discover. Readers can come across the webcomic run at any time and get caught up, and if they like it, they might pick up one of the trades, or they can just continue reading the series online at its current schedule.

ANIMEstoleMYsoul780

Post by ANIMEstoleMYsoul780 »

will aaj v.2 come uut on kindle earlier then the print copy? like the first one did.

plus just wanted to say i loveee aal!! control was my fav since volume 1, so u can guess aaj made me happy!!lol :) love the storyss!XD

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

ANIMEstoleMYsoul780 wrote:will aaj v.2 come uut on kindle earlier then the print copy? like the first one did.
We're planning to release the ebook at the same time as the print release, so you can expect them to appear January 3rd.

glambright

Post by glambright »

how did you come up with all the ideas for Luna? Did it just come up or did you draw for hours on end? I like drawing Manga my self. do you have any tips? I know this is alot of questions but i hope you will reply. ;)

Christina Weir

Post by Christina Weir »

glambright wrote:how did you come up with all the ideas for Luna? Did it just come up or did you draw for hours on end? I like drawing Manga my self. do you have any tips? I know this is alot of questions but i hope you will reply. ;)
Well my husband and I write the stories and Shiei draws the art from the scripts we send her. She's done an amazing job bringing Luna and her friends to life! Kriss Sison is doing the art for Amazing Agent Jennifer, building on Shiei's designs and bringing his own flair. But again, the stories come from us.

As to how we come up with the stories... we plan certain story elements in advance - the big stuff. For that, it's the two of us brainstorming, coming up with ideas and running them by Jason DeAngelis, the publisher at Seven Seas. He'll sometimes bring our editor, Adam Arnold, into the loop. We ask ourselves big questions like 'What is Luna doing this year?" or "Who should be the next villain?" or "What are we going to show when we go back and show Jennifer's life?"

Some of the other big questions come out of older stories. We leave plots only mostly resolved. :)

So that's the stuff we plot in advance. The little things sometimes just come in the moment when we're writing and think "Oh, hey, this character should do THIS." Before we start to write the book, we map out all the scenes and sometimes the lines or the moments come up while we're doing that. But some of the best stuff is what I just described, which can be the most fun part of writing. Nothing's more fun than sitting down to write a scene and discovering a funny moment or sarcastic line or cool action moment that you hadn't planned.