Luna Questions? Ask Them Here!

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

I know this probably counts as a necro-post, but having read volumes four and five, I have a few questions, mostly:

[SPOILERS]
[SPOILERS]

Who's mind was placed into the Elizabeth and Luna clones? I know they're probably loyalists to von Brucken, but I always find myself wondering about the fate of throw-away characters.

If the series continues, will we see just how bad Elyse von Brucken really is, and if Jonah will be a good leader, unless he is being manipulated?

How real are Count von Brucken's feelings for his family? Does he love his wife or does he just feel obligated to seek revenge for her "death"?
And...I'm wondering what'll happen if Francesca ever finds out about Luna's secret.
Last edited by Geomancer on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neoridgeback

Post by Neoridgeback »

so was it all ways your intention for oliver to never stand a chance at
getting luna or did just come out that way as you wrote?

Nunzio DeFilippis

Post by Nunzio DeFilippis »

Harukochan wrote:I know this probably counts as a necro-post
How sad would it be if the place we answered questions had turned into a dead thread?

You have questions, we'll answer them. We just miss the new questions sometimes. For that, we apologize.

(And it's not that I like to speak with the royal "we" - Christina is right next to me as I type this, so it is actually true that 'we' are answering the questions).
Harukochan wrote:Who's mind was placed into the Elizabeth and Luna clones? I know they're probably loyalists to von Brucken, but I always find myself wondering about the fate of throw-away characters.
These were trained agents of Bruckenstein, absolutely loyal to Von Brucken (though the second one seems loyal out of fear, not nationalism).

The files Luna found in Volume 1 were part of a training process for a group of loyalists, each of whom was to replace a specific wealthy and/or powerful scion. So they'd all been trained to do this job for one specific student, and in the case of Elizabeth, that's who had the mind-swap done with the clone.

Now, Luna was not one of those targets, so a combat-trained agent made the swap, but not one who'd been training for a year to slip into Luna's life.

We had originally toyed with the idea of having Dr. Warren's mind be the one mapped onto the Luna clone for the final fight, but rejected the idea because it was too simple and clean a 'full circle.'
Harukochan wrote:If the series continues, will we see just how bad Elyse von Brucken really is
Who says she's evil? She was doing her Count(her husband)'s bidding, and as a result, she was shot off a cliff and kept prisoner for 10 years. She's got reasons to be angry at the U.S., Control, Luna, and her husband.

She could be acting out of pure revenge...

Or she could have a bigger agenda. Those are the questions we would start asking in a second series/continuation.
Harukochan wrote:and if Jonah will be a good leader, unless he is being manipulated?
Also questions for the next series. Jonah's agenda, whether he's his mom's puppet, and whether or not he's able to run a country, these would all be explored.

I'd let you in on our current thinking on these questions, but Christina would have to kill me. (Even though none of our current thinking is anything close to the final answer on these questions, since we're not writing or even plotting it yet).
Harukochan wrote:How real are Count von Brucken's feelings for his family? Does he love his wife or does he just feel obligated to seek revenge for her "death"?
Again, answers could change as we eventually sit down to do the actual writing... but our current thinking is that the Count does love his family.

He was seriously outraged when Jonah was expelled. In his own, over-controlling, not-expressive-of-real-emotions-besides-jealousy-and-rage way, that was paternal love.

And he did love his wife, and has been looking to avenge her death - hey, he might even have felt guilty about sending her on the mission (why she was chosen for the mission would also be one of the questions explored in a later series... as we currently see it, he had married his country's greatest spy, so she was the best he had).

Also, just because he has switched sides, it doesn't mean he doesn't love his family. Jonah 'betrayed' him by not revealing Luna's identity, and when Elyse and Jonah had the control of the country, they chose to leave him to rot in an American jail. That's the ultimate betrayal. His family betrayed him, not the other way around (in his mind, at least).
Harukochan wrote:And...I'm wondering what'll happen if Francesca ever finds out about Luna's secret.
That's a tricky one. The events at the school have left Francesca seriously weirded out by clones and genetic engineering. So she may not respond well to the notion that Luna was grown in a lab.

However, now that she's dating a science geek, maybe she'll lighten up on the matter.

Maybe.
Neoridgeback wrote:so was it all ways your intention for oliver to never stand a chance at getting luna or did just come out that way as you wrote?
We knew all along that Jonah and Luna were the couple at the heart of this story.

However, in a future volume, Jonah is now officially the enemy. This makes the dynamic between them very different.

Who's to say that Oliver won't have a chance in the future?

Luna may love Jonah, but she is 16, and not everyone remains in love with the person they loved at 16.

Any other questions? We're happy to answer. No dead thread here!

tokidoki-chan

Post by tokidoki-chan »

i loved volume 5! i hope you guys make more. but... what ever happened to erich?

warriorofthewind

Post by warriorofthewind »

Nunzio DeFilippis wrote: However, in a future volume, Jonah is now officially the enemy. This makes the dynamic between them very different.
Wait, are you confirming that there will be a volume 6?

Also, in volume 5, Control refered to Luna as her daughter. Does this mean that Control is her biological mother (well, as biological as a test tube baby can get , but they had to get the...basics...somewhere), or just that Control feels that she just takes the role as Luna's mother with no blood relation to Luna at all?

Nunzio DeFilippis

tokidoki-chan wrote:i loved volume 5! i hope you guys make more. but... what ever happened to erich?
Erich makes a small appearance in Volume 5 at the dance.
warriorofthewind wrote:Wait, are you confirming that there will be a volume 6?
Nope. Just confirming that in that hypothetical volume, things have definitely changed between the two.
warriorofthewind wrote:Also, in volume 5, Control refered to Luna as her daughter. Does this mean that Control is her biological mother (well, as biological as a test tube baby can get , but they had to get the...basics...somewhere), or just that Control feels that she just takes the role as Luna's mother with no blood relation to Luna at all?
Her biological mother. Jonah sees 2 things on the computer: 1) his mother's alive, and 2) Control is Luna's mother.

Therefore, he says that while he wants to kill Control for what she's done to his mom, "things have changed, and I won't do that to her."

tokidoki-chan

Post by tokidoki-chan »

Erich makes a small appearance in Volume 5 at the dance
oh i knew that :sweat: i mean that he was like captured right? so i was wondering if he got away or is he being like held prisoner or something...?
:catgirl:

Tellu

Post by Tellu »

Hi! Umm first I wanna say I love you guys and AAL very much. Second of all I wanna say I like Kim Possible as well and I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be some paralells--especially between Francesca and Kim (the slang words she uses especially by book 5, the hairdo and hair color). I guess my question is whether or not there was any part of Francesca (design or story) was inspired somewhat from Kim, and if she's gonna do spy stuff like her. Side note, it may just be in my head but Von Brucken reminds me a lot of Dr.Draken ( but maybe just a little bit more sinister). Was there any inspiration in terms of relative themes or tropes?

viet_tomboi

Post by viet_tomboi »

Quick question! In the end of volume 4, you said that you cannot continue the series, but there's a possibility...correct?

Nunzio DeFilippis

tokidoki-chan wrote:oh i knew that :sweat: i mean that he was like captured right? so i was wondering if he got away or is he being like held prisoner or something...?
:catgirl:
All the prisoners were rescued by Control and Mr. Dreyfus.
Tellu wrote:Hi! Umm first I wanna say I love you guys and AAL very much.
Thank you!
Tellu wrote:Second of all I wanna say I like Kim Possible as well and I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be some paralells--especially between Francesca and Kim (the slang words she uses especially by book 5, the hairdo and hair color). I guess my question is whether or not there was any part of Francesca (design or story) was inspired somewhat from Kim, and if she's gonna do spy stuff like her.
Francesca/Kim parallels were certainly not intended. We love Kim quite a lot, and wrote 2 stories for the series, but we weren't making a Kim analog with Francesca. There's a bit of Kim Possible in the setup of Luna, but only a little, as the differences way outnumber the similarities.

As for Francesca spying... it's not on our agenda. I will confess that the notion of an "Agent Oliver" idea has been kicked around, now that he knows the truth. But it's mostly been discussed in jest.
Tellu wrote: Side note, it may just be in my head but Von Brucken reminds me a lot of Dr.Draken ( but maybe just a little bit more sinister). Was there any inspiration in terms of relative themes or tropes?
Von Brucken does have a fair bit of similarity to Drakken in terms of trying to be menacing, but often coming off comical.

Drakken's our favorite villain from K.P., and we did want to capture a little of his vibe with Von Brucken.
viet_tomboi wrote:Quick question! In the end of volume 4, you said that you cannot continue the series, but there's a possibility...correct?
Continuing it in some form has been discussed a fair bit. Nothing is set, but everyone involved does want to see more from Luna. The question is an economic one, and if we get past that, then a timing one.

lilypeincess25

so who is luna actually ending up with?

Post by lilypeincess25 »

I get really confused on luna because she looks like the type of girl that would end up with jonah, but IM SO FREAKEN CONFUSED!!!! is she going to end up with ollie or jonah.................................. :catgirl: [/b]

Milagros

Post by Milagros »

Okay so I read all the volumes now..and I'm really sad..:( I really didn't like how it ended that much. I'm really happy that Luna ended up with Jonah..but now what's gonna happen to Oliver?...how about his dad is he gonna stay in Jail.? hmm.... and why did the Count joined Luna? I mean Lunas mom did said that Jonahs mom is worse then the Count. but ugh! did you guys had to put a cliffhanger at the end?? >_<

viet_tomboi

Post by viet_tomboi »

(wink, wink) They MAY continue! haha. But just saying. Not sure if the authors are really going to.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: Luna Questions? Ask Them Here!

Post by Ravenhull »

Looking at the AALuna page, am I correct in that only volume 1 is available in webcomic format?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."