Luna Questions? Ask Them Here!

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Christina Weir

Re: Luna Questions? Ask Them Here!

Post by Christina Weir »

Ravenhull wrote:A quick question for the writers. Is there any chance Kim Donovan might show up in AAL? It would be a perfect way to add a little dramatic relief, especially if she sees the main three in a 'family' appearance. :ymdevil:
Hmmm... now there's a thought. ;)

Contra Glove

Post by Contra Glove »

Christina Weir wrote:
Ravenhull wrote:A quick question for the writers. Is there any chance Kim Donovan might show up in AAL? It would be a perfect way to add a little dramatic relief, especially if she sees the main three in a 'family' appearance. :ymdevil:
Hmmm... now there's a thought. ;)
Kim's dossier was really funny to read. :)
My actual name is Rawle Nyanzi.

Contra Glove

Post by Contra Glove »

Three questions:

1) What are people from Bruckenstein called? Brucks? Bruckies?

2) Judging from the names, it seems as if Bruckenstein originally spoke German but switched to English later. Without spoiling anything, what caused this switch? It couldn't have been British imperialism -- they weren't snatching countries inside Europe.

3) How come no one calls Elizabeth Westbrook "Liz?" Is it because she is offended by it?
My actual name is Rawle Nyanzi.

FrostDancer81

Post by FrostDancer81 »

Um...Yeah. I don't know if this is the right place to ask and if it isn't, then please disregard it.

Is it possible to get a quick synopsis on this comic/comics? I have a little interest in it, but I have no idea what this comic is about nor what to expect in terms of content and genres.

Also, if I should start reading, where should I start?
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell, come fourth divine lightning! This ends now! Indignation! - Jade Curtiss(Tales of the Abyss)

Indestructible—determination that is incorruptible,from the other side, a terror to behold, annihilation will be unavoidable. Every broken enemy will know, that their opponent had to be invincible. Take a last look around while you're alive, I'm an indestructible master of war! - Indestructible by Disturbed.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Speaking as a reader, rather than part of the creative team, but as a reader.

Amazing Agent Luna is a superspy story centered on a teen girl in a highschool setting, so it also has a lot of high school plots and such. It seems to be well balanced between both genres in my opinion. If you are worried about it being a 'romance' book, there are a few 'romantic' arcs, but they are side issues to the main story.

The easiest way to get started is to simply start with page 1 of the AAL page. But, you can also get all books of AAL vols 1-7 (far beyond what is currently online in webcomic form) in both e-book and hard copy. I've seen it at Books-a-Million on the shelf.

Amazing Agent Jennifer is a prequel that was written after [volume 7] of AAL and gives the backstory for her 'control officer'. From what I've seen, you can read AAJ first without too many spoilers. The only issue is that there are a few things squeezed to relate to AAL due to them going back and writing backstories when the original AAL story was told without intending such a prequel, but nothing truly broken.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

As that the end of AAJ Is in sight, is there any other plans for the AAL universe after that, or is all energy going to Luna proper?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ravenhull wrote:As that the end of AAJ Is in sight, is there any other plans for the AAL universe after that, or is all energy going to Luna proper?
Right now, we're wrapping up production on Amazing Agent Luna Vol. 9, and Nunzio & Christina are currently working on plotting out the next two volumes (10 and 11), which Shiei will start drawing shortly.

Rawle Nyanzi

Post by Rawle Nyanzi »

I assume that the Agency's Chief Financial Officer is named Master Comptrol.
Formerly went by "Contra Glove."

ANIMEstoleMYsoul780

Post by ANIMEstoleMYsoul780 »

SPOILER~to anyone early on in the manga

im just curious did u know from the start that contol was going to be lunas birth mother or did that come up later or as the series went on?

btw controls my fave character ,just sayn :) :D

Nunzio DeFilippis

Post by Nunzio DeFilippis »

ANIMEstoleMYsoul780 wrote:SPOILER~to anyone early on in the manga

im just curious did u know from the start that contol was going to be lunas birth mother or did that come up later or as the series went on?

btw controls my fave character ,just sayn :) :D
We absolutely knew from the start. The question was simply when we'd reveal it.

And she's my favorite too.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

I just finished reading the whole comic, and I'm wondering, are there any plans to put other volumes on the web, or are they going to remain only in print and ebook?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sk'thloq wrote:I just finished reading the whole comic, and I'm wondering, are there any plans to put other volumes on the web, or are they going to remain only in print and ebook?
The conclusion of Amazing Agent Luna Vol. 5 felt like a good place to stop the webcomic run since it wrapped up the first half of the Luna saga in a nice bow. There aren't any current plans to run Volumes 6-11 on the web, so the best way to read the whole series is print or ebook.

Omnibus editions for vols 6-7 and 8-9:
http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Agent-Lun ... 6467904109
http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Agent-Lun ... 6467913530

Ebooks:
https://www.comixology.com/Amazing-Agen ... mllc0xpc3Q

Milagros

Post by Milagros »

When was amazing agent Jennifer released? Lord am I lost.

Parallax

Post by Parallax »

My silly comment/question is Who taught Jennifer how to intimidate people, The Batman? :D