12-12-03 [AAJ] Debriefing 5

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

12-12-03 [AAJ] Debriefing 5

Post by Ravenhull »

"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Thor

Re: 12-12-03 [AAJ] Debriefing 5

Post by Thor »

This is how the dialog should've went.

CONTROL: Dan? How did you know his name?

JENNIFER: How? I'm a @#$%ing super-genius secret agent, you moron. I know lots of things. It's my @#$%ing job, isn't it?
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

James Rye

Post by James Rye »

Or like

CONTROL: Dan? How did you know his name?

JENNIFER: How? Cause i @#$%ing screamed out his name countless times when we were @#$%ing in the academy! That´s how!

Seriously though, when i heard her say Dan instead of his code name, my first thought was "So she does care. Not about him betraying the agency or the agency lieing to them about his mission but about the person Dan.".
Now i wonder what she´ll do/say/think and look like once she´s all alone/sure there´s no one she has to put on whatever face that is she puts on. Cause till now i thought Dan´s death was just a "meh" thing for her, like him betraying the agency/her was more important. Now that she spoke of his name, i´m not so sure anymore.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I got the impression that events caused her to 'freeze over' and bury her emotions after being hurt like she was by what happened. Jennifer is a very broken young lady, and really doesn't get any repair done till during AAL.

I have to fault The Agency in that they did not have any way to deal with the fact that they have broken members, considering that such emotional damage can present weaknesses. As it was, them frowning so deeply on interpersonal relations among their personnel led to them keeping it a deep secret which helped cause Dan to want to escape.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Who says that isn't intentional? Break a person 'just right', and you give them triggers you can activate to make them jump whichever way you want whenever you want.

In any case, the 'honeymoon' seems to be over, so far as Jennifer and the Agency are concerned. She's starting to catch on a little -- a little too late.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

It is very likely that, to "The Agency", Jennifer is nothing but an "asset" to be UTD, otherwise sacrificed, or simply left in the cold as they see fit for "the good of the nation".
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.