Was Elyse originally planned to be American?

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Contra Glove

Was Elyse originally planned to be American?

Post by Contra Glove »

I was reading through Amazing Agent Luna volume 3 when I came across this throwaway line from Elyse:
Elyse von Brucken wrote:Oops, left my grappler with that American bi--
I'm guessing that Elyse wasn't originally supposed to be an American that betrayed her country; she was just Heinrich's wife. I figure that the bit about Elyse's betrayal only came up after DeFilippis and Weir figured they needed to flesh out Jennifer's backstory.
My actual name is Rawle Nyanzi.

Nunzio DeFilippis

Re: Was Elyse originally planned to be American?

Post by Nunzio DeFilippis »

Contra Glove wrote:I was reading through Amazing Agent Luna volume 3 when I came across this throwaway line from Elyse:
Elyse von Brucken wrote:Oops, left my grappler with that American bi--
I'm guessing that Elyse wasn't originally supposed to be an American that betrayed her country; she was just Heinrich's wife. I figure that the bit about Elyse's betrayal only came up after DeFilippis and Weir figured they needed to flesh out Jennifer's backstory.
Yeah, when we fleshed out the backstory, it changed, and we looked back at that line and wondered if it still worked. We decided it did work, because she no longer considered herself American and Jennifer's loyalties were so clear.

But that is splitting hairs, and we did change plans when we expanded the backstory.