AAL - Why Are You Here?

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Error of Logic

AAL - Why Are You Here?

Post by Error of Logic »

http://www.amazingagentluna.com/strips- ... 8_-_page_5

Wow, some honest-to-goodness humanity is showing through in Jennifer... And it is pissed off.

Interesting to see that Mrs. Kashiwara appears to have become more assertive in the intervening years. Or has Benjiro just gotten weaker?

Contra Glove

Re: AAL - Why Are You Here?

Post by Contra Glove »

Error of Logic wrote:http://www.amazingagentluna.com/strips- ... 8_-_page_5

Wow, some honest-to-goodness humanity is showing through in Jennifer... And it is pissed off.

Interesting to see that Mrs. Kashiwara appears to have become more assertive in the intervening years. Or has Benjiro just gotten weaker?
I'd say Ben's gotten weaker. Age and stress take their toll, you know. Also, the mother wasn't as mean as Ben was.
My actual name is Rawle Nyanzi.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

No, but she basically went along with whatever he said. That seems to have changed. Not a bad thing...

Contra Glove

Post by Contra Glove »

Error of Logic wrote:No, but she basically went along with whatever he said. That seems to have changed. Not a bad thing...
See, this is why you have multiple children: when one displeases you, there's always the other, and you can use sibling rivalry to your advantage by making the others feel like crap. But no, Ben had to put all his eggs into one basket. Or was it Emily's plan? Because if it was, it was the most devious plan ever to sabotage Ben's strictness. (Remember, they gave birth to a supergenius, so they're probably as intelligent as Jennifer is, if not moreso.)

I imagine the conversation going something like this:

(Jennifer is five years old, constructing complicated things out of Legos without the instructions.)

Benjiro (smiling): Such natural talent...I'll make sure she succeeds me.

Emily: Yeah. I think she'll surprise even you.

Benjiro: Elementary school, middle school, high school, college -- all lined up, ready to go. Only the best for my little girl.

Emily: She'll love it, I'm sure.

Benjiro: Speaking of love...

(Pulls Emily out of chair, embracing her romantically.)

Benjiro: Put on the stewardess outfit.

Emily: If you wrap it up from now on.

Benjiro: But I want you to feel my love for you!

Emily: I got a state-of-the-art brand that feels like it's not even there, to hear the ads tell it. I'll feel your love just fine.

Benjiro: But nature's way is the best way!

Emily: Then it'll be sweatpants, jeans, and cargo shorts all the way.

Benjiro (thinking): No, it feels empty and bland without the outfits. She's backed me into a corner.

Benjiro: Very well then. Now get dressed.

(Benjiro smacks Emily on the rear as she goes.)
My actual name is Rawle Nyanzi.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

... That was somewhat disturbing. ^^;