Q&A WITH ADAM

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

There was a layout issue that was found after the fact. It was corrected before the title hit stores.

I once saw a VIZ title that was cut incorrectly. Literally, the bottom of the book was where the middle of the cover was. I should have bought it, but the store wouldn't agree to give it for me for anything less than full price.

starlightgenie

Post by starlightgenie »

question question! how did you became involved with gomanga.com and how come the url is gomanga.com instead of something like sevenseas.com?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

starlightgenie wrote:question question! how did you became involved with gomanga.com
Jake Forbes refered me since we had worked together on a number of projects over the years. Jake had done editorials for Animefringe in the past and he had been my editor for a few of TOKYOPOP's series. We also had collaborated on an ill-fated viral campaign for TOKYOPOP's release of Sgt. Frog (more info on that).

Anyway, I told Steve Diabo (graphic designer and fellow Animefringe co-creator) about Gomanga and he was game. We had been wanting to get into the web design biz and get 45Degree Media off the ground, so we agreed and put in a bid. It also didn't hurt that we were fans either. <g>

and how come the url is gomanga.com instead of something like sevenseas.com?
It's part of the original ideal for the site. No one wanted it to be a corporate site. They wanted it to be a down-to-Earth site where community is at the heart of it. You can do that with SevenSeas.com, but you can with Gomanga.com.

And, well, SevenSeas.com is owned by Kraft.

Hai

Post by Hai »

And, well, SevenSeas.com is owned by Kraft.
And they wanted something like 10 dollars for it. Totally out of our budget.

starlightgenie

Post by starlightgenie »

adam gots connections! XD

i want to see what is sevenseas.com...
...curiosity kills the cat...

....okay, i saw what it is. something about stamps?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

starlightgenie wrote:i want to see what is sevenseas.com...
...curiosity kills the cat...

....okay, i saw what it is. something about stamps?
Stamps? o_O

Um, sevenseas.com redirects to this site: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/

starlightgenie

Post by starlightgenie »

oops! >< now i know what i did wrong. i googled sevenseas and i clicked on sevenseas.com/au or something like that. ^_^;...
i feel like an idiot. i'm going to hide in my closet now... ////

N-Queen Terra of C Tok

Post by N-Queen Terra of C Tok »

I have a question!

What's your measurements? I need them for the Mana's dress I'm making ya!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/NeoQueenTerra/deathnotesign.jpg[/img]

N-Queen Terra of C Tok

Post by N-Queen Terra of C Tok »

Hey, he already promise me if I make a dress for him, he'll wear it.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/NeoQueenTerra/deathnotesign.jpg[/img]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

N-Queen Terra of C Tok wrote:I have a question!

What's your measurements? I need them for the Mana's dress I'm making ya!
Um, no comment. o_O

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Just to add slightly Insectice's question, is there a title for the new manga that was announced yet or is that still to be announced in the future?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Insectice wrote:Seven Seas obviously have a great list of manga coming out now... What can we expect in the future? I mean, the first volumes are almost out, with means that the manga viewer will be pretty full and complete soon. There's a new series on the horizon, and Aoi House is only getting better, so is that it for now?
Once Blade for Barter, Amazing Agent Luna and No Man's Land hit stores and the Gomanga Viewer complete the first volume, we will eventually post the first chapter from volume 2. This isn't final, so we may or may not do this.

There are actually a couple of new series on the horizon, but we're only giving you a sneak peek at one of them for the moment.

And in a year's time, let's hope Aoi House goes to print!

I'd love to be able to send in a serious submission, but by the looks of it, you guys seem pretty busy now. Maybe we creators hold off for a while?
Well, we still haven't gotten our open submissions page up yet. We're still wet behind the ears, so bare with us while we streamline our editorial process before getting bombarded with proposals. ^_-

Oh yeah, one last question... Are you getting any orders from stores in Australia? I'd love to go out and actually buy it :mrgreen:
Not sure on that one. The printers generally handle that. Once Amazon gets our titles, you should be able to get them from them or other sites. I'm not sure if Amazon.com ships to Australia, but I know Amazon.co.jp will ship to the U.S. from Japan. Once we work up a full list of places to get our titles, that should give you a better idea of places to shop.

uganimefan02 wrote:Just to add slightly Insectice's question, is there a title for the new manga that was announced yet or is that still to be announced in the future?
There is a title, but we're going to make you try and guess what it is for the time being. We'll make a formal announcement once we finish showing off all the Sneak Peek artwork.