Q&A WITH ADAM

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Kaitou_Dark wrote:Here's a question I had since I first stated reading Aoi House. Why is there so many Azumanga Daioh expressions on the characters? Seriously, I was kinda wondering that for a while! It is b/c you or Shiei really liked Azumang Daioh at the time or something? Or, what was it? ^^"
It's really just Shiei's style. If you read Luna, you'll see similiar things, which is true of any artist's work.

Kaitou_Dark

Post by Kaitou_Dark »

Oh, ok. I've haven't read any but the first chapter of Amazing Agent Luna so I didn't see it, yet anyways! Ok, that's just Shiei's style? Ok, wow, what a unique style!

But seriously, Azumanga Daioh came out here just around the time that Aoi House was coming out so, c'mon, there had to have been some influence at least, am I right?
[url=http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/30/f_Kaitousig2m_a795821.png&srv=img28][img]http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/4/4/30/f_Kaitousig2m_a795821.png[/img][/url]
[i]"The only one who can tell me what to do, is me!"
-Dark[/i]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Kaitou_Dark wrote:Oh, ok. I've haven't read any but the first chapter of Amazing Agent Luna so I didn't see it, yet anyways! Ok, that's just Shiei's style? Ok, wow, what a unique style!

But seriously, Azumanga Daioh came out here just around the time that Aoi House was coming out so, c'mon, there had to have been some influence at least, am I right?
No, Azumanga Daioh had been out for quite a while at that point, so it's doubtful. Shiei just draws cute really, really well.

Kaitou_Dark

Post by Kaitou_Dark »

Adam Arnold wrote:No, Azumanga Daioh had been out for quite a while at that point, so it's doubtful. Shiei just draws cute really, really well.
Yeah, that she does! It was just that, it looked so much like Azumanga Daioh that I thought that maybe that's where she got her inspiration from! But ok, I guess that was an easy mistake. I bet some of you might have thought that as well, so that answers the question for the both of us! Ok, thanks Adam!
[url=http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/30/f_Kaitousig2m_a795821.png&srv=img28][img]http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/4/4/30/f_Kaitousig2m_a795821.png[/img][/url]
[i]"The only one who can tell me what to do, is me!"
-Dark[/i]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

LelouchZero wrote:I forgot to ask this before.
Why do you updae a page every m/w/f instead of what some people do and do a chapter a week?
When Gomanga.com launched back in late 2004, we did run Amazing Agent Luna, No Man's Land, Blade for Barter, and Last Hope in chapter a week type deals in our book-sized manga viewer (it was more like a few pages each week and not whole chapters).

With Aoi House, the series was originally started as a webcomic that would run exclusively at Gomanga.com with new pages every M/W/F. The series proved instantly popular and Seven Seas decided to relaunch it as an actual manga series. Since the webcomic format and three-day a week schedule also proved to be more popular than running pages in the webmanga viewer, we decided to make that the defacto way Seven Seas would run our series from then on. It was something that Del Rey and other publishers actually took note of and followed suit with.

lugger91
Location: I'm in your fridge, mixing your fruit with your meat and cheese.

Post by lugger91 »

You're in a house and there's a copy of (enter desired issue, vol., figurine, whatevs) sitting on a human sized mouse-trap. If you pick it up you'll be caught but you think if you're fast enough...

Do you pick up (said desired issue, vol., figurine, whatevs)?
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/lugger91/gungrave.png[/img]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

lugger91 wrote:You're in a house and there's a copy of (enter desired issue, vol., figurine, whatevs) sitting on a human sized mouse-trap. If you pick it up you'll be caught but you think if you're fast enough...

Can I use something in the room or on my person to knock the item out of the trap?

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Adam Arnold wrote:
lugger91 wrote:You're in a house and there's a copy of (enter desired issue, vol., figurine, whatevs) sitting on a human sized mouse-trap. If you pick it up you'll be caught but you think if you're fast enough...

Can I use something in the room or on my person to knock the item out of the trap?
No no! Do it the Indiana Jones way!

lugger91
Location: I'm in your fridge, mixing your fruit with your meat and cheese.

Post by lugger91 »

Adam Arnold wrote:

Well, I have to agree with Peregrin, Indiana Jones style is the way to go.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/lugger91/gungrave.png[/img]

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

lugger91 wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:
lugger91 wrote:Do you pick up (said desired issue, vol., figurine, whatevs)?
Well, I have to agree with Peregrin, Indiana Jones style is the way to go.
Since we all know how well that went ...

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

LelouchZero wrote:How was your day today adam? (couldn't help but ask lol)
Um, I saw Mamma Mia! in theaters (I saw The Dark Knight on Friday), read a few comics, and then went back to my pile of work I need to do before Comic-Con. That's about it.

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

was mamma mia good?i can't go anywhere these days-i wanted to go see that
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Martyr wrote:was mamma mia good?i can't go anywhere these days-i wanted to go see that
If you like ABBA, you'll enjoy it. It's not the best musical out there, but it's a lot of fun. So yeah, I liked it.