Q&A WITH ADAM

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

LoveSinger wrote:
(god, this sounds like an interview.) Hmm, you know, that might not be a bad idea.... Hey, Adam, you should have someone interview you, and post it on the site!!! Unless you were already interviewed??
I did one interview that's on Gomanga.com, but it's really old now. If you want some newer ones, then google "Adam Arnold Interview."

hey Adam speaking of Interviews..can i interview you for our schools newspaper?
As long as you keep it to five questions.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

viga_of_stars wrote:When Aoi House is over that means the end to your Aoi notes. I read them as if it was an awesome blog. Do you have a blog?
Sadly, Aoi Notes will likely end when Aoi House's web reun wraps up at the end of January. As for a blog elsewhere, I've thought about it, but I really don't have a concept for a blog that I'd like to personally follow through with on a long-term basis. My interests are very much in American/British Television, movies of all kinds, comic books, and video games, but I don't have the desire right now to do a blog where I review stuff or pass along news. I'd like to have a column somewhere, but I'm pretty content to just read other people's blogs for the time being.

Kaitou_Dark

Post by Kaitou_Dark »

Adam Arnold wrote:
viga_of_stars wrote:When Aoi House is over that means the end to your Aoi notes. I read them as if it was an awesome blog. Do you have a blog?
Sadly, Aoi Notes will likely end when Aoi House's web reun wraps up at the end of January. As for a blog elsewhere, I've thought about it, but I really don't have a concept for a blog that I'd like to personally follow through with on a long-term basis. My interests are very much in American/British Television, movies of all kinds, comic books, and video games, but I don't have the desire right now to do a blog where I review stuff or pass along news. I'd like to have a column somewhere, but I'm pretty content to just read other people's blogs for the time being.
Ahh, yeah, that's what I was gonna ask you!

No Adam, don't quit the blogs altogether! I mean, I can understand how the Aoi Notes would stop. But to stop a blog altogether? That seems kind, I dunno how to say it.

But I have a suggestion regarding that. Have you thought about (after the Aoi Notes are over) doing like a weekly news update regarding Seven Seas, and your work in general? (on the site of course) It'll also go into doing that column that you wanted to do! It can be similar to the Aoi Notes of now, and if 3 times a week is too often, maybe once a week would be better. Have you thought about that?
[url=http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/30/f_Kaitousig2m_a795821.png&srv=img28][img]http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/4/4/30/f_Kaitousig2m_a795821.png[/img][/url]
[i]"The only one who can tell me what to do, is me!"
-Dark[/i]

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

The new Aoi House 2 cast. Did you give them names? If so what are they?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Keyblade Master Sora wrote:The new Aoi House 2 cast. Did you give them names? If so what are they?
Aside from already established characters like Stephanie and the pets... no, Shiei and I never really came up with names for any of the "Aoi House 2" cast that appeared in that teaser.

Really, though, with the exception of the girl's the new male recruit, the basketball girl in the back, and Stephanie... a lot of the inspiration for how the remaining "Aoi House 2" girls looked cames from the old Konami dating sim Tokimeki Memorial 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zlvZoDrB9M

I mean, when you're building a harem, you break it down into character types and then fit the character's appearance to that personality.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

I see... thank you for that last bit of info.

miri

Post by miri »

adam will you ever show your face as in a picture of yourself?? ;)
don't call me again, it won't happend again ~background~ whore whore WHORE!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

miri wrote:adam will you ever show your face as in a picture of yourself?? ;)
I have a bunch of photos up over on my MySpace page: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... mId=615982

miri

Post by miri »

wow.. you are all skinny :P hehehe neva imagined you would looks like that :)

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

miri wrote:wow.. you are all skinny :P hehehe neva imagined you would looks like that :)
...ouch...

miri

Post by miri »

uhh..its not a bad comment foo...im gave him a compliment -_-

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

miri wrote:uhh..its not a bad comment foo...im gave him a compliment -_-
You gave him a questionably worded compliment followed by an insult. Passive aggression is still aggression.

BUT while I'm here, I may as well ask Adam a question. Here goes:

I was recently reading Fate/Zero, which is a prequel novel to the ever popular Fate/Stay Night. In the author's comments, I was surprised to learn that the guy who wrote the novel was not actually the same guy who wrote the original script, but someone who the original author had admired and had allowed to add on to his own work. I was wondering if you, Adam, had such an idol in the writing world and if you would ever allow him or her to add on to your own work in a similar way.

Also: transcendentalism or existentialism? This is a very serious question for a very serious-business internet.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Peregrin wrote:I was recently reading Fate/Zero, which is a prequel novel to the ever popular Fate/Stay Night. In the author's comments, I was surprised to learn that the guy who wrote the novel was not actually the same guy who wrote the original script, but someone who the original author had admired and had allowed to add on to his own work. I was wondering if you, Adam, had such an idol in the writing world and if you would ever allow him or her to add on to your own work in a similar way.
I don't really have anyone in mind. If Seven Seas got a serious offer from someone wanting to do a continuation of Aoi House, then I'm sure we'd consider it, though.

Also: transcendentalism or existentialism? This is a very serious question for a very serious-business internet.
Who knows.