Aoi House relaunch Q&A thread

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Yeah, Shiei's art is awesome.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The first two pages just got sent off to be lettered. So, yay!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

World OF WarCraft wrote:Question: what gave you the idea for Aoi House?
I'd have to say my own experiences as a fan more than anything. I've always loved anime titles like Otaku no Video and Comic Party where you get to see parts of Japanese fandom at work, but those are very Japanese and I wanted to tell a story about North American fandom, but actually have it go somewhere eventually. The original concept was always about an anime club, but the cast and plot were vastly different from what you see today.

How the series became what it is today has a lot to do with the fact that we were never sure a fandom series would fly. When the series became a webmanga, I basically put my original concept aside and came up with a completely new one that I knew would work better as a webmanga with three updates a week. As you can guess, Aoi House did far better than anyone thought and this relaunch is the result.

shiei
Cookie Angel

Post by shiei »

:catgirl: im still alive Yugi-chan! XD you have to wait and see what Adam has in store for us in Aoi house X3!!!

by the way, what do you think about "Echiboo" X3 ?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Thats cool i Was think of Making a Bio MAnga about Myself and how my life Evlovled and trust me My life isnt pretty and the Aoi House Music IS Sweet By the way. if you guys whant to learn more about Pm if you like
Well, I'm not really writing a bio of myself, just taking some past experiences and twisting them in a slapstick kind of way. Going straight out bio wouldn't really sell as you have to fictionalize it, but often even bios are too drama filled.

Glad you love the Aoi House theme song!