the ending

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

sk8t3rpunk16

the ending

Post by sk8t3rpunk16 »

:anger2: . ok i finished aoi house an i jest wont to see how other ppl felt about the ending. now i tho it could of been better. now dont get me wrong i loved the book. but y did it have to end so fast. and now i dont no wat to read next. i like how aoi house is based an i cant find any other books like it. can anyone help me

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sk8t3rpunk16, glad to have you drop by and post about the end of Aoi House. Yes, it is sad that things had to wrap up after just four books, but I really couldn't see myself going back to the usual day-to-day harem status quo after having the gang finally go to Hatsu-Con for an entire volume...and having done two years worth of individual 4-koma gag strips for Newtype USA. My interests had also shifted from anime/manga, which is why the final book has more on television, movie and video game related stuff with just a sprinkling of anime gags. But yeah, the main reason the series ended was that I had done everything that I set out to do with Aoi House. So I wanted to send the series off in style before it wore out its welcome.

BTW, forum poster Quarteni wrote a really excellent post last year that really summed up the final volume and the reason the series had to end really well. I'd definitely give that post a read:
http://www.gomanga.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=8

As for what to read next...
While there isn't a new series by Adam Arnold to pick up, I would definitely give Amazing Agent Luna a read, which is drawn by Shiei. I also have to give a big plug for Hollow Fields as I absolutely adore what Madeleine did on that series. Neither of those are harem titles, but they're definitely series with some amazingly fun stories.

sk8t3rpunk16

aoi house.

Post by sk8t3rpunk16 »

do you no how you feel when yuo get to the end of the storie of a book an you wish i didnt have to end. i love aoi house. (an im a guy an alot of my friends say its more a girls book to read,is it.) An when i first started reading aoi house i looked everywhere for it so i could read on. but when i looked at the first season book an show gomanaga an i read through the 2nd season like it was nothing. i was so sad when it ended. i though it could go on like for each year. but what im most confused on is the ending. when the gothic/emo girl comes an joins. it could pick up there an also i though if you really wonted to. you could of done the whole gang of everyone after the get out of school an in the real life. an they had to all chip in to live in an apartment or something. but if it didnt end it would not be so great. thxs alot none of my friends read manga or anima so i have no one to talk about it when im done reading a book.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Aoi House is pretty much a gender neutral book as it features fan service both sexes can enjoy.

when the gothic/emo girl comes an joins. it could pick up there an also i though if you really wonted to.
I do have a story that I very much want to tell about Stephanie Kane (the goth girl). I'm currently working on a proposal now, so we'll have to wait and see if it gets greenlit.

The story would be set in the Aoi House Universe, but it isn't a direct sequel to Aoi House. It would be something new.

sk8t3rpunk16

Post by sk8t3rpunk16 »

Nice. an sorry i forgot to finish that . i was saying you could of picked up from there with the gothic girl. but how did you get into drawing manga and anima books. because i love to draw an you have really motivated me to become a manga/anima writer i jest have problems with drawing the face an hair. i can draw the body oh yeah i have problems with the feet too. i draw when im sad or when i have the chance. i get a lot of my ideas when im sad about something or when im playing a game i get ideas. but i have the picture in my mind and i can see it so clearly as if it was right in front of me. but its sometimes hard to draw it on paper.