alex and elle - what you think?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

FTR: I'm trying real hard to not write what I'm thinking right now.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

MidnightVampricKisses

Post by MidnightVampricKisses »

I'm actually an EllexAlex fan but I'm not fullblown like i was when the series first started. I kinda thought it was cute. But Adam had already said why Alex and Elle would never be together.

lugger91
Location: I'm in your fridge, mixing your fruit with your meat and cheese.

Post by lugger91 »

Seriously? Whenever these threads pop-up I feel like I'm reading an argument over the Vietnam War.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/lugger91/gungrave.png[/img]

MidnightVampricKisses

neagi's wall of rant
Wow. :happyhappy: And you're thinking of Morgan and Manson. I didnt like Manson really because Elle is dominant, HE'S dominant. Manson's kind of a menaie, Elle's kind of a meanie. I NEVER thought they'd work as a couple in my opinion.

I wouldnt suggest looking in the 'Discussion for Aoi house In Love: Vol 2'. You'll be spoiled. I read the comic when i was in the book store and I'll admit, though the Epilogue shouldnt have been there and should let the readers interpret how they wanted it, it was kinda cute.

BUT! I'll say that even though I like AlexxElle, MorganxAlex is cute too. Even though it ended ALOT like Vandread, I thought it was cute. More or less, the comic itself was good. :catgirl:

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Neagi wrote:WTf are you serious, i left this manga for a long time a while ago, and have read it all up to the latest page, and elle and alex will never happen are you f**king serious????? All i read this online webcomic was for that, i mean half the time i don't get much of the story since it seems kinda sketchy at best, but its still a good story, and if alex and elle don't at least end up together it would spoil the whole thing. I mean first the DDR dancing thing, that was awesome, and the girl hanging around alex gets him ? that would make no sense, alex as a character design would have no logical sense if he picks a girl he doesnt love, i mean he has feelings maybe but more like... sister brother was what i got from the story. I mean what the f**k, alex and elle not together is like sandy and the hot tifa looking chick ending together, even when itll obviously be him and the glasses girl :luv:

I know i sound like a crazed loonatic with a biased opinion but bare with it.

What i don't get is, i mean i couldnt find much info about aoi house in general, so i might need filling in, but from what i got, elle likes alex, alex has feelings (tho obv unclear as any typical romantic comedy type manga), but nevertheless he felt something after the kiss definately. So basically so fourth happens, then the cosplay event, alex tells her to lighten up, then a guy (who im still not sure who he is) tells her she doesnt really love him etc, which made no sense to me, and now suddenly she seems to like him instead, i mean this may sound fanboyish or w.e but that should piss anyone off who reads aoi house lol. I mean just NO. If someone can partially fill me in on some of this i much appreicate it, i really like this story, though if elle and alex don't end up together i wish i hadnt have read the story in the first place no matter how great and witty it is, with so much hilarious cliches i recognise, memes, games, and other animes parody galore, but nevertheless i regret reading this if their isnt a decent ending, and if alex and elle arent together it isnt a decent ending.

They both like each other, don't LET THIS STORY FAIL. Well im sure the manga artist and story writer have their reasons for w/e they do, maybe through controversy of the usual stereotypical ending of this type of story, so they want to make it different, but elle and alex, not ending together would SUCK :!: Again don't get me wrong story is great, but please don't be like typical anime stories these days good all through then a crappy tied off ending, i implore you. >_<

wow i suck for ranting because im normally against these type of posts in any forum but i guess it shows how much i like aoi house :<

Its blatantly biased, and everyone prob disagree with it or w/e but mannnnnnnnnnnn alex x elle FTW

because this manga is still over 9000!!! You know its funny the girl with red hair who obviously likes alex, i always thought she was just the annoying side character that would just get in the obvious way of elle and alex, and now she could really end up with him, i will finish the manga, but man if this comes true its gonna be painful to read. The eyes THEY BLEED.

Please do not pull an Ichigo 100% manga ending on us all i prithee thee
Im probably only just now realising Aoi house was probably based as a light mood manga with no actual plot, its probably adored more for its humour rather than story, :< whoops on my part, the drama was awesome a couple of times though nevertheless.

also what was the reason alex and elle would never be together?
Whoah, that's a mouth full of EllexAlex love.
Personally, I prefer EllexAlex, I never liked Morgan. I see where you're coming from but, it's actually made very clear that it's MorganxAlex, I think we all know that she probably loves Alex a whole ton more than Elle did.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

From the "Aoi House In Love Vol. 2" spoiler thread...
Quote:
and i loved how you didn't have a typical love triangle in there =] they are to predictable and are sorta story killas

From the beginning, I had it in my head that I wanted to make an American version of a harem comedy. I really hate what Love Hina did to the harem genre, as a whole. The loser guy is just completely unrealistic. Before Love Hina, you didn't have losers, you had people like Tenchi who were strong willed and were just kind of put into a situation they didn't want to be in and learn to deal with it. I wanted more of that style for Aoi House. More than that, though, I didn't want to have a long-running love triangle. It's been done to death, but what hadn't been done is showing what happens to the other person after the triangle is resolved. Which is why I ended Aoi House Vol. 2 with Alex getting Morgan.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Neagi wrote:Well it isnt so bad now that i see it, as long as the asshole mason didn't end up with elle, but did they ever explain why he said stuff to elle like you know you don't really love him etc,
See Aoi House In Love Vol. 2, Episode 12 page 10-12:
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.p ... i&page=478
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.p ... i&page=479
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.p ... i&page=480

i am still kinda confused is there a summary of some sorts for the second part of the series the end parts starting with the cosplay event etc, i mean mason to me seemed like a bad guy or something,
A number of the questions you seem to have about Morgan/Alex's relationship, the Uri House rivalry, and so on were all explored in "The Great Con Caper" story arc that makes up the first half of the second season (Aoi House In Love! Vol. 1, episode 1-9).
See the archive for individual pages:
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/archive_aoi.php

MidnightVampricKisses

The one that calls her Princess is Mason, the leader of Uri house.

It was also that scene that Morgan and Alex had that made me immediately clarify that they had a big brother/little sister relationship. Morgan with her hyperactiveness and Alex with his paitence made me see that 'Onii-sama is taking care of his baby sister' but yeah...Oh well.

MidnightVampricKisses

The rivalry between Uri house and Aoi House was there LONG before Alex and Sandy came along. Because manson and elle are rival leaders, they have known each other for a while now.

Now, her talking friendly to him, I assume that they were on-and-off boyfriend/girlfriend. These are only my interpretations though. The real reason? Might have to ask Adam.