alex and elle - what you think?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

MidnightVampricKisses wrote:Now, her talking friendly to him, I assume that they were on-and-off boyfriend/girlfriend.
That makes so much sense, why else would he be with Elle one minute then suddenly hits on Jessica again? He's a smart man, that Mason...

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Neagi wrote:
StrateryB wrote:
MidnightVampricKisses wrote:Now, her talking friendly to him, I assume that they were on-and-off boyfriend/girlfriend.
That makes so much sense, why else would he be with Elle one minute then suddenly hits on Jessica again? He's a smart man, that Mason...
LOL. I never thought they were boyfreind girlfreind, elle doesn't seem like the type, EXCEPT with alex (which i thought was normally how it was meant to be anyway) Lets take Naru in love hina for example, you could never imagine her attitude with someone not like keitarou, that kind of thing
um, it happens all the time. Girls will abuse or push around a guy they like, mainly because they 1) don't want to admit it, 2) They are afraid of what the other person might say if they tell them. 3) Don't know how to show emotion correctly (Ex: They think the guy might get a hint or something)

I'm talking about real relationships here. Not just stereotypical Anime ones. (Things rarely happen like they do in the anime. I'm not saying it never happens, but the chances are far to slim to hope you'll get stuck in a Hotel of women and fall in love.)
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Oh boy. Here we go again. Must I wage war with yet another Alex x Elle Shipper? Must the Morgan Military Master once again don his helmet of battle?!

Yay say I! Rise again Master, defend what you believe in!
(stfu. A member gave me that nickname a long time ago, and I just felt like doing something like that....)

One huge point you missed, I was making a reference to Love Hina, not Aoi house.

Yeah, what I said may slightly back up what you said earlier. However there is one Fatal difference. Elle only changed drastically after an accidental kiss.

Now I may be wrong, but normally people don't change that drastically towards a person after such a simple event. Expecially after the way it happened with Alex and Elle. Alex fell on top of her, and not only kissed her, but also groped her breast. I don't think the average girl would take very kindly to this at all. I would imagine Elle would have thought of Alex as a creep now, some pervert who joined a Yaoi club just to get close to some ladies.

Elle says to Oni-san that after the kiss she can't get Alex out of her head. Okay... I don't think it would be very easy to forget that either. Elle tries to turn it into something it's not.

Alex never shows any love like emotions towards Elle AT ALL. Elle may have secretly been wishing for a man. (Hence being in a Yaoi club, fantasizing about it or something.) So, such an advance by Alex may have been what she wanted. Now I may be wrong, maybe Elle's emotions were actually real. Even so, she made another huge mistake. She held out for too long.

Morgan has been true to her emotions through the ENTIRE series. She's very open, and often says what she thinks. (This is proven when she confronts Oni-san about Alex. She thinks all Alex looks at her as is a little sister, but she doesn't want that. She wants him to look at her as a woman.) Morgan made the advance on Alex first, (Who might I add had shown signs of bonding with Morgan through the entire series. He got along well with her, and even though he thought of her as a sisterly figure, he liked her. Alex had never shown such notions towards Elle. He often even showed signs of Fear towards Elle.)

Morgan advanced on Alex first, and won his heart. Even if Elle's emotions were real (Which I myself don't think they were) she dawdled too long. If there's one thing about love that is true, It's take it or leave it. You don't brood over it for a long time, love is true.

Now, as you can see, Morgan was the obvious choice from the start. She was open, and honest. Meanwhile, Elle was bitchy, angry, and bossy. Even after the kiss, Which she said changed her so much, She still bossed Alex around. She knew Morgan liked alex. So why didn't she try to go after him earlier? Because she faltered. She wasn't sure about her own feelings. She didn't know if what she was feeling was true love or not.

Elle's biggest problem was honesty. Honesty with herself, and honesty with others. This is why she lost to Morgan.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

What I don't understand is how come "Aoi House" never showed Alex's emotions. I mean he got won over by a hat for crying out loud! It never shows how he falls in love, he just suddenly flirts with Morgan. I understand she made it and hurt herself in the process, but jeez, a hat? Even Elle made him a hat? What's with the hat love? I wish I could give a girl a hat and make her love me, I'm bad at sowing too, I'd cut my fingers.

If I were Alex, I would have gone with Jessica, hurhurhur...

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Maybe all of us are over analyzing this.

But where's the fun in that?
Back to the argument!

You forget the scene where Mason confronts Elle about her emotions. If what he was saying was not true, then why did Elle burst into tears? Mason's accusations made Elle think about what she was doing. She realized that what he was saying was the truth, even if she didn't want it to be.

Why do I believe this? Elle got over Alex, in less than a week. Very Very few people can get over someone THAT fast. I should know. I was a counselor for peers during High school. Almost every problem I was talked about too were boyfriends/girlfriends how long they had been dating, how long they had been broken up ect. I have seen good relationships go down the tube, and I have helped troubled relationships get their stuff together. I know what I'm talking about.

Now as I have said, Morgan's feelings were obvious from the beginning. At first, Elle HATED Alex, while Morgan accepted him. Sure Elle eventually came around, but that was ONLY after the kiss. She hated Alex until the kiss. She never showed any sign of even accepting him before that. Had Morgan not dropped a gummy drop on that DDR pad, Elle may have never changed.

You are kinda right on the bit about Morgan and Alex before the hat. However, you're forgetting something again. Yeah, you see it as a sister brother relationship. That is exactly Morgan's problem, and that's exactly why she talks to Oni-san. She didn't want Alex to look at her as a sister.

After she gave Alex her gift, it made Alex realize just how much Morgan cared for him. He must have also realized how much he also liked her. Morgan had followed Oni-san's advice, and what do you know, It worked.

You missed the connection about the kiss and not being labeled.
Elle didn't label Alex as a pervert/creep because she may have been wishing for such an advance from a man. (Explained in my previous post) You even said you agreed on this point.

Either way, I doubt Adam was going this deep into characterization before he wrote Aoi House. All we're doing is making up substance to back up our opinions, and using Psychology to explain why we thing what relationships are right and wrong.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

That scene makes almost no sense, i mean mason told her she didn't really love Alex etc, but when the f**k did he get ESP lol.
Neagi, this all ties in with the running plotline of the series involving Oniisan, the diary room segments, and all those cameras. In a nutshell, Aoi House is a reality show with diary room segments a la The Real World and Big Brother (it's left ambiguous as to if it's actually on television, but it is on the internet and a big name network is involved). Since Uri House "watches their show," they know about all the screwy goings on. Whether some Uri House members knew any of the Aoi House gang before they met at the con is also left ambiguous.

Neagi wrote:On your last point your probably right... but f**k i was into this series expecting an interesting outcome and however good the manga is the explanations for some of the things seem to plain, although this may tie in with how some people said the ending was rushed. I mean i don't dislike aoi house at all but, i sure as heck coulda been explained in a lot more detail with more content. So much i feel left empty :< This for me is like a tiny version of the equivalent in love hina with naru and keitarou not ending up together. Lol like 100% ichigo i feel gipped. Although 100% ichigo was worse because it was so much longer so dissapointed much more thuroughly. Aoi house on the other hand is still awesome for its comical value, its like even if you hate one aspect of it you cant hate the whole aspect of it, so i may not be satisfied but it was still a decent read.
There's a really good post by Quarteni over in the Aoi House In Love Vol. 2 "Happy Endings" spoiler thread that should help put the final volume into better perspective:
http://www.gomanga.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=8

MidnightVampricKisses

Post by MidnightVampricKisses »

Wow, this board STILL arguing about it?
I'll still be an AlexxElle fan but it's over and doen and I've moved on. The reason I ALSO say that morganxAlex is cute because, unlike some books I've read, Morgan and Alex are developed characters and I've come to accept their relationship.

Aoi House was STILL fun to read though ^^ Romance/relationships aside, Aoi House was a pretty funny manga.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Neagi wrote:I'll wait for the end of aoi house then properly reread it all probably.
You can buy it right now, you know.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »