AOI HOUSE (Week 170-180) - "Series Finale"

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Silent Hill, then Jurassic Park... it really is never a good idea for Sandy to drive.

Thumps up for Alex in an Organization XIII cloak.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Yessssss, Castlevania. I, too, spent I good amount of time on that damn crab boss. I will say, though, that this is the first Castlevania in a while that has put me on edge during boss fights. Which is a good thing.

It's good to know that there is another Castlevania fan out there. I mean, I know they exist, I just rarely meet them.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Peregrin wrote:Yessssss, Castlevania. I, too, spent I good amount of time on that damn crab boss. I will say, though, that this is the first Castlevania in a while that has put me on edge during boss fights. Which is a good thing.

It's good to know that there is another Castlevania fan out there. I mean, I know they exist, I just rarely meet them.
Oh, believe me... the crab boss is the least of your worries. There are some much, much, much harder bosses in this game. The difficulty is through the roof at times.

And yes, I'm a die hard Castlevania fan. Grew up on the NES ones and absolutely adore the "castleoid" type of games that Symphony spawned.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Peregrin wrote:Yessssss, Castlevania. I, too, spent I good amount of time on that damn crab boss. I will say, though, that this is the first Castlevania in a while that has put me on edge during boss fights. Which is a good thing.

Oh, believe me... the crab boss is the least of your worries. There are some much, much, much harder bosses in this game. The difficulty is through the roof at times.

And yes, I'm a die hard Castlevania fan. Grew up on the NES ones and absolutely adore the "castleoid" type of games that Symphony spawned.
Ah, yes. I played the original back in the day, but the castleroid standard has fulfilled my deepest desires. It caters to both my love of platforming and my love of RPGs. It's like Mario with swords, magic, and zombies. without linear level design. What could be better? Unfortunately, I started at Dawn of Sorrow and at that point couldn't procure Symphony of the Night or Circle of the Moon (although the double pack release of Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow was a lucky break). I'm hoping for some kind of re-release of SotN on a Nintendo console.

As far as the difficulty, I know full well how hard this game can be. It took me about five tries to get back out of the skeleton cave once I had gone in. And I've been burning through potions like no other. And the crab boss was only difficult because it took me a looooong time to kill him, even when I knew the pattern. He has a ton of health for the level you're at at that point. Goliath was much more difficult simply because he could kill you in three shots.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

If you have a PSP, I'd highly suggest picking up Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles so you can get a portable Symphony of the Night. It's totally worth it and one of the must have PSP games along with FFVII: Crisis Core. And if you can find them, the two PSP Mega Man remakes are must haves as well (Mega Man: Powered Up and Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X).

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

bishi of flame

Post by bishi of flame »

*Hopes that the new girl will actualy be a guy.* : O
that would be so epic.....

The only castlevania game, that I have played is the one on my xbox. I haven't played it much, but I love it!

quarteni

Post by quarteni »

:catgirl:
Image Image Image Image

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Chibimappy

Post by Chibimappy »

I'd just love to see the picture of Sandy and Alex proposing to their respective girls.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Chibimappy wrote:I'd just love to see the picture of Sandy and Alex proposing to their respective girls.
Sounds like a good fanfiction/fanart opportunity.