AOI HOUSE (Week 122) - Mascots' Night Out

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

AOI HOUSE (Week 122) - Mascots' Night Out

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Last edited by Giz on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lugger91
Location: I'm in your fridge, mixing your fruit with your meat and cheese.

Post by lugger91 »

@ AOI House Notes

The only thing that I've never opened is a Dark Victory Batman action figure that I picked up at the Pittsburgh Comic Con. I'm kinda' embarassed that I bought it so it's under my bed at home right now.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/lugger91/gungrave.png[/img]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

bwillett wrote:I think it is completely asinine to keep collectables in packages--especially toys and games and stuff. First off, like Adam said, they are meant to be used and enjoyed and second, keeping some stuff in their original packaging is disastrous--especially for stuff that was made from the late 70s to the early 90s. Plastic window boxed toys that are made out of vinyl develop 'greasy face' if you don't expose them to dry cool air (which most packages don't allow) greasy face means the plastic is deteriorating and will turn to mush.
I think you're a little mistaken on this front...
The "Greasy Face" syndrom will affect a toy regardless of whether or not you leave it in the package or not. A perfect example of this would be certain vintage Barbie dolls.

And it isn't the plastic that is deteriorating, but rather a chemicle that was used to make the plastic. So these types of toys aren't going to turn to mush. Now, vintage Halloween costumes and such WILL disentegrate over time. And so will older types of foam.

Can something be done to stop this? Well, it does have a lot to do with the conditions that the items are stored or displayed. So it doesn't matter if it's in the package or not.

FenixAiur

Post by FenixAiur »

Luna-P is so... obedient. She doesn't have the necessary to be a mascot. =p

Well, at the moment I only have one action figure. The only reason why it's still on its package is because I have no place to put it on display at the moment.

I find reasonable (just a little bit) to keep a figure sealed, since the enjoyment they give is more visual than movies, games, etc (unless you actually play with them).
[signature]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

tunakid84

Post by tunakid84 »

you just get a ham-ster. get it? HAMster? ha. ha. ha? yeah i know. it's a stretch, but oh well... i just wanted to give it a try... :R

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Taxil Necrobane wrote:humm.. what would you get if you mixed a hamster with a pig?
Why, a hag of course.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Luna-P is very easily amused I see.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »