AOI HOUSE (Week 118) - Time to Herself

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

AOI HOUSE (Week 118) - Time to Herself

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Last edited by Giz on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Awkward... I hate it when people make out in public. I mean, not only poor Elle, but poor everyone within several feet of that couple. Public displays of affection in large crowds of people, especially crowds of nerdy, pubescent geeks are not acceptable. Someone should pass a law about that sort of thing.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Run if you want Elle, but the affection won't stop. Dang it all why must it be this way for her?

shiei
Cookie Angel

Post by shiei »

dragoneye13 wrote:Yay! An Aoi House page on my birthday! Thanks, Adam! You just made my day!

*ahem* Anyways...poor Elle (Crap! I said it again!). It's bad enough she's feeling depressed, but she has to spot a couple making out. That's just cruel.
Happy birthday , dragoneye13 ^_^ :happyhappy:

yeah we feel bad for elle too...

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Meh, birthdays aren't such big deals after a certain age (happy birthday nonetheless). I consider them as nice opportunities to slack off or score some free swag, but I almost feel bad when I take advantage of them.

Oh, and a question for Shiei and Alex: Do you guys get empathetic when drawing/writing characters? For example, does drawing/writing about Elle being sad make you sad? Seems like it would be kind of a downer...

Don't worry, Elle. Someday, your prince will come. Then life will be happy woodland animals cleaning your house whilst you whistle happy tunes in a magical forest castle.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Last edited by Giz on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Peregrin wrote:Oh, and a question for Shiei and Alex: Do you guys get empathetic when drawing/writing characters? For example, does drawing/writing about Elle being sad make you sad? Seems like it would be kind of a downer...
I can't answer for Shiei, but I do know from my own experience that I do get really caught up in what I'm writing. Heck, I get caught up in scripts that I happen to be rewriting or editing. So yes, I do tend to emphasize with the characters. It goes a tad beyond that, though.

I will actually lose my voice and force headaches upon myself when writing. Why? Well, I often will mouth the dialogue that I'm writing as a way to act out a scene to ensure dialogue comes off as sounding natural when spoken out loud. That alone wouldn't make you lose your voice, but sounding out sound effects and talking "in character" will. I remember back when I was working on Pita-Ten's rewrite for Tokyopop where I would talk like Misha-san for hours on end to get her cute talk right. I'm big on having things sounding natural, so that's just one of my weird things that I will do when writing. You could say that I become those characters in both voice and spirit.

As for Elle specifically, I do know that this current "depressed Elle" storyline was really draining to write. My intention was to give Elle a character arc that would not only flesh out her character more through adversity, but also leave her a better character in the process. And based on the chapters I've written so far for the next book, Aoi House In Love! Vol. 2, I'd say I accomplished exactly that.

GoggleHead

Post by GoggleHead »

Way to go Morgan. :shy3:
Adventure Awaits

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

...... Morgan *takes deep breath* $#^%$%^&^&&$#^%%$$#^&^$#@!!@#$%^&*(%@%$#@##@%%^&^@#^&$5%%$#$#$^&$##1@5#@$%%%$&^&&*((68%^%4524%%%$@$%^*($%

Remember this is opinion.