Was anyone confused by the new title for the 3rd book?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Was anyone confused by the new title for the 3rd book?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Here's a question for everyone...

We retitled Aoi House's 2nd Season as Aoi House In Love! so that we could include the 4-koma in color, price the series at $9.99, and give people a jumping on point. But was anyone confused by the new title for the third book?

Obviously, it's not uncommon for manga series to be named multiple ways. A few examples would be Trigun/Trigun Maximum, Gunsmith Cats/Gunsmith Cats Burst, Lunpin III/Lupin III: Most Wanted, Cardcaptor Sakura/Cardcaptor Sakura: Book of the Clow... just to name a few. But thoughts?

More info:
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.p ... i&page=346
Last edited by Giz on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Kadenmire wrote:I was a little confused at first when I saw the title of the third volume. Thought it was a different series but you clarified it pretty well in the forum.
We do have a lot of readers that don't follow the series online or that follow the forums, so those readers being confused over the title and numbering is a valid concern for us. So please chime in if you have a comment.

Fayted wrote:Oh, god...
I can't believe that I have to wait until April for anything for the next book...this site won't even go into the new pages until around the beginning of May, either...
The wait is going to kill me...
Based on my calculations, the pages from Aoi House In Love! Vol. 1 will finish up online on/around March 14.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I think the introduction does a nice job of catching people up on the story so far... the only confusion might be if people look for earlier volumes of "Aoi House In Love" and never realize Aoi House is the same series and not some "alternate telling" type of story.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

59cobalt

Re: Was anyone confused by the new title for the 3rd book?

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote:We retitled Aoi House's 2nd Season as Aoi House In Love! so that we could include the 4-koma in color, price the series at $9.99, and give people a jumping on point. But was anyone confused by the new title for the third book?
Can't say I was confused, but that may be due to the fact that I was aware of the split since you first mentioned it here. However, if the decision had been up to me I would've sticked with "AOI House", because in all honesty the second season doesn't feel like a second season in the first place. Plus, AOI House vol. 2 leaves us with a cliffhanger, which felt like we were being in the middle of a season there.

My 0.02 $CURRENCY.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Lief wrote:I think, maybe, "Aoi House In Love! Vol. 3" would have had the same effect... But then I guess it wouldn't serve as a "Jumping on point"...
Going from Aoi House Vol. 2 to Aoi House In Love! Vol. 3 would've been really confusing. That would mean that there would've been an In Love! 1 and 2. ^_^;