Question about Lettering

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

There tends to be no official font. Aoi House uses the font "Anime Ace," which is free. There are a number of great lettering fonts out there that you have to buy, though. It really depends on what is best for the look of a given series.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I advocate doing a webcomic and seeing if you can stick with the whole creation process. You might think big, but reality and dreams end up being quite different.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

If you are still in high school, then you are not ready. Trust me on this. You aren't. You might be in college and you're still not ready.

The only way to become a writer is to do a lot of writing.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I got my start doing journalistic writing with the webzine I co-created called Animefringe: Online Anime Magazine and that lasted six years (72 monthly issues). That lead me to other freelance work from there. So no, Aoi House is my first true series, so I don't have any other series that I started and stopped. I do have ideas for series that aren't ever going to get made, though.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Nutkins wrote:Did you ever get discouraged?
I put my focus into other things, so I never had to feel discouraged.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Nutkins wrote:Not a half-bad philosophy, lol.
Does the future of American manga look bright?
It's filling a niche that needs to be filled and there's still a lot of room for growth as long as the quality remains high.