Does anybody feel sorry for Alex?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Rod G wrote:
bwillett wrote:There is nothing to feel sorry about when it comes to Alex. He is good looking (remember the Bishi episode) has two babes vying for his affection, and has a cool place to live. As far as anime characters/real life people go, he's actually got it going pretty good at the moment
Being TORTURED into watching yaoi,forced to go a date with the likes of (ugh) Carlo . . .

I must say,you must have a real screwy definition of "going pretty good" . . .
Your continued attempts to read something into the story that clearly isn't there are getting pathetic.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

59cobalt wrote:
Rod G wrote:
bwillett wrote:There is nothing to feel sorry about when it comes to Alex. He is good looking (remember the Bishi episode) has two babes vying for his affection, and has a cool place to live. As far as anime characters/real life people go, he's actually got it going pretty good at the moment
Being TORTURED into watching yaoi,forced to go a date with the likes of (ugh) Carlo . . .

I must say,you must have a real screwy definition of "going pretty good" . . .
Your continued attempts to read something into the story that clearly isn't there are getting pathetic.

cu
59cobalt
What we have been trying to say is that Alex has been bruised and battered, but in the end he always gets something better,

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

DawnBandit wrote:What we have been trying to say is that Alex has been bruised and battered, but in the end he always gets something better,
Long story short: no pain, no gain.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

bwillett wrote:He was only forced to watch yaoi once. And as many times as I've been forced to watch yuri in my anime club (where the majority of the guys are just as pervy as Sandy but a lot worse looking) trust me, once is NOT that big a deal.
Somehow, I don't think you were physically restrained in a Kubrickian device and actually forced to watch anything. In fact, I'll wager that you could have left the room at any time you chose.

If not, find a better anime club.
Likewise he only had to go out with Carlo once, and for the most part, Carlo was the perfect gentleman/lady/whatever

WOULD YOU DATE THIS PERSON Y/N

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Lord Styphon wrote:
bwillett wrote:He was only forced to watch yaoi once. And as many times as I've been forced to watch yuri in my anime club (where the majority of the guys are just as pervy as Sandy but a lot worse looking) trust me, once is NOT that big a deal.
Somehow, I don't think you were physically restrained in a Kubrickian device and actually forced to watch anything. In fact, I'll wager that you could have left the room at any time you chose.
It still happened only once, and the story of AOI House is still farther from real life than any anime club in existence.
Likewise he only had to go out with Carlo once, and for the most part, Carlo was the perfect gentleman/lady/whatever

Did I lose a bet? [y/n]

cu
59cobalt

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

Lord Styphon wrote:

If not, find a better anime club.

Lord Styphon,you said a mouthful!
" I see you surrounded by hundreds upon hundreds of warriors,all pointing their weapons at you."

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

59cobalt wrote:It still happened only once
Only happening once means it's fine? I will be on the phone to Langley to tell them this immediately!
and the story of AOI House is still farther from real life than any anime club in existence
Similarly, the character of Yukino Azusagawa is farther from real life any bakery fortune scion in existance.
Did I lose a bet? [y/n]
This question does not apply to you. Unless you are a woman or a homosexual. Are you a woman or a homosexual?
bwillett wrote:But Elle was dressed as Domniatrix, that nulls the situation
In addition to something only happening once, the choice of clothes worn also make things okay? Good thing Elle didn't pick the Gruppenführer's uniform, then; that would have made it bad.

Unless one has a uniform fetish in addition to the one you're suggesting.
Trick question, I don't date.
Tough. Enjoy your date with the champion woman weightlifter.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Lord Styphon wrote:
59cobalt wrote:It still happened only once
Only happening once means it's fine?
No. It means it happened only once. As in "get over it already".
I will be on the phone to Langley to tell them this immediately!
Whatever.
and the story of AOI House is still farther from real life than any anime club in existence
Similarly, the character of Yukino Azusagawa is farther from real life any bakery fortune scion in existance.
I'm sure there is a connection to this topic somewhere in this reply of yours, and I just fail to recognize it.
Did I lose a bet? [y/n]
This question does not apply to you. Unless you are a woman or a homosexual. Are you a woman or a homosexual?
You missed the point. Alex lost a bet. Sometimes losing a bet means getting humiliated. Don't like that? Then don't bet. It's as simple as that.

cu
59cobalt