Does anybody feel sorry for Alex?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Sargon wrote:
59cobalt wrote:
Sargon wrote:Now I've got the Lion King song stuck in my head.
Think positive. You haven't got the Lion King stuck in your head.
Are you kidding?
Yes. And I meant "literally".

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

Frankly there's only one girl for Alex . . . and it is NOT Elle nor Morgan.

Indeed she should not be part of AOI House at all.

As for Sandy,the sooner he realizes that it's Maria and not Jessica who should be with him,the better.
" I see you surrounded by hundreds upon hundreds of warriors,all pointing their weapons at you."

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Rod G wrote:Frankly there's only one girl for Alex . . . and it is NOT Elle nor Morgan.

:? :confused: Uhhhhhh.......... If not elle or morgan then who? :dizzzy2:

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Rod G wrote:Frankly there's only one girl for Alex . . . and it is NOT Elle nor Morgan.
As for Sandy,the sooner he realizes that it's Maria and not Jessica who should be with him,the better.
I wonder this now:
If you hate the plot of Aoi House so much, stop looking stupid on these forums. Acting the part of the idiot minority isn't going to win you any good looks and respect on a forum full of people who like the series.

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

DawnBandit wrote:
I wonder this now:
If you hate the plot of Aoi House so much, stop looking stupid on these forums. Acting the part of the idiot minority isn't going to win you any good looks and respect on a forum full of people who like the series.
I don't hate the plot,it's just that I believe that Elle and Morgan are so WRONG for Alex.

My first impression of Elle was not exactly a positive one to say the least.Elle just rubbed me the wrong way.

As for Morgan,she ended up being childlike to the point of being annoying.

Alex being stuck with either one of those two would be a veritable Hell.

What he needs is a girl who won't make unreasonable demands of him or treat him like garbage.

But he's not going to find his dream girl stuck in Aoi House.
" I see you surrounded by hundreds upon hundreds of warriors,all pointing their weapons at you."

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Rod G wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:
I wonder this now:
I don't hate the plot,it's just that I believe that Elle and Morgan are so WRONG for Alex.

My first impression of Elle was not exactly a positive one to say the least.Elle just rubbed me the wrong way.

What he needs is a girl who won't make unreasonable demands of him or treat him like garbage.

Relationships are part of the plot. If you pull the romance out of a shojou manga, whats left as the plot?
Because somebody seems bad for you, doesn't mean that they will be bad for someone else. So far, Alex has shown no disagreements with the softer side of Elle, nor has he been angered by the hyperactive side of Morgan.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

DawnBandit wrote:If you pull the romance out of a shojou manga, whats left as the plot?
Since when has Aoi House counted as shoujo manga?

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Lord Styphon wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:If you pull the romance out of a shojou manga, whats left as the plot?
Since when has Aoi House counted as shoujo manga?
Used as an example as of how romance and relationships form a baseline for character development and plot.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I still say it is Elle that is his perfect match. Morgan is a good match but not Alex's perfect match. Elle I think would make a much more itneresting partner for him and Morgan for Sandy, though I know that stands about as much chance of happening as the Dean adopting Echiboo as his son. :sweat:
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

DawnBandit wrote:
Rod G wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:I wonder this now:

Relationships are part of the plot. If you pull the romance out of a shojou manga, whats left as the plot?
Because somebody seems bad for you, doesn't mean that they will be bad for someone else. So far, Alex has shown no disagreements with the softer side of Elle, nor has he been angered by the hyperactive side of Morgan.
Softer side?

Alex has hardly seen that side as far as I'm concerned and he never will for all anybody knows.

As for Morgan, if she isn't a little girl in age,she is in temperament.What we'd call a case of arrested development.

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Rod G wrote:arrested development.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I so miss that show...