HOW SHIEI DRAWS AOI HOUSE

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

shiei
Cookie Angel

Post by shiei »

ErictheCartoonist wrote:Sometimes the right materials can also help. So Shiei, if you're reading this then don't mind if I ask that when it comes to inking the manga pages and, well, anything else for that matter, what sort of pens do you like to use? I mean what are your favorites?
i use staedtler pigment liners (.1, 3, 5, and 7) for doing outlines . Before... i used a brush and india ink for large black parts, though now i got my hands onto copic markers i changed to that since it's less messy than loading ink to brushes XD

Neoridgeback

Post by Neoridgeback »

:happyhappy: hey shiei you mind puting up more drawing tutorials for like you know action pose's and comedy pose's and other such things :sweat: . (im still trying to get a feel of how to put together drawings in a way that they're pleasing to the eye instead of messed up looking :saaad: )

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Lots of tutorials would take a loooong time to do. Time that Shiei could be drawing Luna and Aoi House... (or playing with her plushies...) ^_^;

Neoridgeback

Post by Neoridgeback »

Adam Arnold wrote:Lots of tutorials would take a loooong time to do. Time that Shiei could be drawing Luna and Aoi House... (or playing with her plushies...) ^_^;
-_-U well its not like im demanding them i just asked a simple yes or no question if she would be willing to do it or not. im still studing alot of other mangas to see how the jap pros do their stuff(its still difficult when im not looking at something step by step to get the basic build correct).

tunakid84

Post by tunakid84 »

We know about the pens and pencils and such, but what about the paper? What kind of paper do you use? (this hasn't been asked, right?) Like the size (regular printer paper or special comic page paper)? Weight (if it even matters)? Etc.
I ask coz there are soooo many opinions out there (but not by pros. not that i could find...) and the people have a right to know! What do the pros at Seven Seas use?!
sugar high. sorry... :sweat:

shiei
Cookie Angel

Post by shiei »

paper ? >_> i use just bristol boards ( the 9X12 kind). It's pretty smooth and has a nice weight to it. I dunno what other people use but for me as long as the paper is smooth and my pen just glide on it , im happy.

shiei
Cookie Angel

Post by shiei »

i dont use velum since it has a textured surface ^_^ go for the smooth one :3

i always scan it in 600 dpi and clean it up thereafter. ^_^
you can always clean the things that you messed up during inking in photoshop X3. (teh power of ps XD)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Chrono Clepsydra wrote:I've heard of manga artists drawing on poster boards, and then taking a picture and shrinking the picture.
Unless you have the equipment to handle something that large, the general rule tends to be... if it can't fit in a scanner, then don't draw on it. ^_-

For American comic books... yes, you do use those large 11â€