is it just me, or..?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: is it just me, or..?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

eeLover wrote:well, I have 2 points. is it just me, or does alex remind you an awful lot of dr. collins from luna? i know it's the same artist, but alex looks like a clone of andy. (and they both have "A" names ^_^.)
This one is actually unintentional. Aoi House got its start as a 36-page webmanga that I wrote and Jim Jimenez drew, Shiei's character designs are actually tweaked versions of those original designs. But yeah, the whole Alex looks like a younger version of Andy thing is something Shiei and I've joked about before. It's all unintentional, though. They're not related.

also, doesn't the story remind you a whole lot of love hina (for anyone who's read that)? love hina is more graphic, but the stories are super-close, wouldn't you say? just sayin.
Well, they're both harem comedies... and I worked on the English version of the Love Hina manga (and A.I. Love You, for that matter) for TOKYOPOP, so its easy to see why that comparison gets made. The actual stories are quite different, though, and Aoi House is going in a very different and surprising direction.