Hmm, sorry but I couldn't help but notice...

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Hmm, sorry but I couldn't help but notice...

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Gladimus wrote:This story is starting to remind me of Kiss me Kill me. No, not plot wise.
Sorry, I haven't ever read Kiss Me, Kill Me, so I'm not familiar with the plot.
(I do remember the Batman Forever song where Tokyopop copied that name from, though!)

The fact that the first volume had a great plot, and buying the second volume, I was expecting more tranvestite comedy.
Carlo was always a character with a set story arc to tell. He/she was also a character that I couldn't abuse or bring into the main cast, because Carlo is just so over-the-top that he/she just drawfs the other characters. Carlo will show up again, but it'll just be for cameos.

Well, with Aoi House, I'm starting to miss the yaoi fan quality that it had in the first volume... The girls seemed to have dropped that charming obsesive quality, to the point that they almost seem like any other ordinary anime fangirl. When will the yaoi fan quality return? Or will it ever? Please say it will, it's the main reason I love the story so much, it gives allot of anticipation.
I don't think the yaoi stuff will ever disappear. It just plays too much into the character's backgrounds to ever go totally away. In fact, you can expect some some yaoi-based discussions in the next chapter (Episode 11).

The biggest thing that I've tried to do is show that there is character growth here. For Alex and Sandy to continue to live in Aoi House, everyone living there has had to adapt to the fact that they have 2 guys living under their roof that just aren't into yaoi. The girls don't want them to go, so they've learned to do other activities with the guys to keep them happy since, at the end of the day, they're all basically into anime as a whole. The girls just happen to like yaoi a heck of a lot!

I consider Aoi House Vol. 1 and 2 to be part of what I call "season 1."
Vol. 1 was 3 stories broken into 7 Episodes, Vol. 2 is 5 stories broken into 7 Episodes (6 Eps + 1 side-story).
So my main goal is character development and telling as many stories as I can with the cast as I can. ^_^

And on a random side note- I was watching "Clockwork Orange", and suddenly it occured to me to grab Aoi House Vol. 1 because of a familiar scene happening in the movie. The straightjacket scene, with their eyes forced open to watch yaoi... Was Clockwork Orange the inspiration for this scene? :3
Yes, I'm a huge Stanley Kubrick fan. ^_^