Anime license?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

GoggleHead

Anime license?

Post by GoggleHead »

Hi i had a question how able to use the names and pictures of certain anime stars in the manga? Did you have to get any special permissions from the companies that those anime and mangas are made for or was it ok as long as you did the characters justice? I'm asking cause if i ever made a manga where different characters crossed over what would have to do to make my idea real. thanks everyone for your replies. :happyhappy:
Adventure Awaits

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Aoi House's references fall into the category of parody and homage. You need only look at Japanese titles like Otaku no Video, Comic Party and others to see that this is a very common practice.

GoggleHead

Post by GoggleHead »

Would Excel saga quailfy as well i heard their's a ton of parody in that Anime.
Adventure Awaits

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Yes, Excel Saga and its OVA spin-off Puni Puni Poemi both fall into the parody category.

RE: Robot Chicken... I think it's pretty funny that Seth Green actually gets a few of the stars he spoofs to actually lend their voices to the spoofed versions of themselves. Just makes the show even cooler.