Bonus Content for Aoi House Vol. 2...?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Bonus Content for Aoi House Vol. 2...?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Okay, I've started thinking up some cool ideas for omake content to include in the back of Aoi House Vol. 2. I wanted to run the ones I have past you guys and gals to get your thoughts on them and possibly some other ideas.

Here is the list:

1.) Aoi Notes for Vol. 2
[possible topics: character ages, more on names, the why behind Fruit Cake Fantasy, the aoi house flash animation... any other topics you want to hear about?]

2.) A fan art gallery of some of the pieces that have been posted so far.

3.) ...?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Do you mean as in color trading cards that are thick and can be removed from the book?

It's a cool idea, but not at all practical due to the high printing costs involved.

We did do a set of 12 promotional Seven Seas trading cards that we gave away at Anime Expo and Comic-Con, but that's about as far as we've gone into trading cards.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Real_AirCooledMan wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I mean, mein Freund.
Maybe after you get more DPs you could?
It's pretty doubtfut. Trading cards would have to remain convention promotional items, sorry!

Any other cool ideas? ^_^

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

-More complete Carlo bio.
-Any more information on Aoi House planning stages there is to be had
-an "Easter Egg Info" page in which you point on the most notable little hidden pictures.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Zerofiles.EXE wrote:-More complete Carlo bio.
I thought it was pretty complete. Or at least...it's as complete as I intended it to be... ^_^;

Zerofiles.EXE wrote:-Any more information on Aoi House planning stages there is to be had.
Yep, I'll be covering some new topics.

Zerofiles.EXE wrote:-an "Easter Egg Info" page in which you point on the most notable little hidden pictures.
Eh...I'm not one to point out all the refs in a series. That kind of ruins the fun of discovering them yourself! XD

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

I meant some of the more "duh" ones like the Jay and Silent Bob one in the mall arch - in order to show people there are stuff like that in case they aren't one to notice such things. But your call I suppose.

And the Carlo bio was the most vague of all the char. bios - at least I felt it was =/

And to go along with that - char. bio some of the more minor people mehaps? Like the Dean or a Oniisan bio riddled with "???" 's

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Zerofiles.EXE wrote:And the Carlo bio was the most vague of all the char. bios - at least I felt it was =/

And to go along with that - char. bio some of the more minor people mehaps? Like the Dean or a Oniisan bio riddled with "???" 's
Actually, Carlo was included mainly because he/she went through the character design process and had an existing bio written prior to starting the series. Other supporting characters like the Dean and Oniisan never went through that phase...so no production materials (design sketches and/or bios) exist for them. Actually, I wouldn't write a bio for Oniisan anyway...

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

Why not reprint the Newtype strips?
" I see you surrounded by hundreds upon hundreds of warriors,all pointing their weapons at you."

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Rod G wrote:Why not reprint the Newtype strips?
Well, a big reason is that there just aren't enough yet and we wouldn't be able to reprint them in color right now. But also, the current plan is for the color Aoi House 4-koma to run in Newtype USA for 2 years. Ideally, I'd like to compile them all together and reprint them all at once around the fourth volume of Aoi House.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Glyph wrote: - Maybe a writer/artist commentary over a favorite chapter, reprinted in lighter tones, kinda like a DVD's director's commentary
You mean like MegaTokyo?
That won't really work because Aoi House might be run as a webmanga on Gomanga.com, but it's still always meant to printed as an actual chapter-per-chapter manga. That kind of thing wouldn't really be that "manga-y." ^_^;

Really, any personal commentary would be included in the Aoi Notes so that it doesn't detract from the story itself.

- Choose your own ending. Have people submit how they think the golf date story should have ended. Winner will know that they won when they see the book. More Carlo for everyone! :D

- Manga bloopers
These both require Shiei to draw more stuff and go over her page count...kind of a no-go zone. That said, I do have a short 2-episode "lost episode" written for Vol. 2...

But it might be best to leave alternate date endings in the realm of doujinshi anyway. XD

MissAngelMaxwell wrote:I would love to see a floor plan of Aoi House. Or maybe a closer look at the characters' rooms and what's in them. That sort of background stuff is cool even if it is, well, in the background.
We must think alike, because this is a cool idea. I actually had this idea back when I was doing Vol. 1, but put it on hold. I might resurrect it again later on for the back of a future volume (maybe the fourth). When we do create a floor plan, I want it to look like an actual floor plan. The problem with that is we'd have to make it fit the book pages. Also, I want to ensure that it has all the rooms and secret elements. So it'll take some time to do and get right.