If Aoi House was a real sorority . . .

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Rod G

If Aoi House was a real sorority . . .

Post by Rod G »

. . . it would be called Alpha Omicron Iota.

I know it's not much of a joke,but somehow I don't think it was meant to be.Nor is AOI house meant to be a sorority per se,but there it is.
" I see you surrounded by hundreds upon hundreds of warriors,all pointing their weapons at you."

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Actually, it would be "Alpha Omega Iota House" since we used an omega sign in the original logo. I also used to joke that it could be "Adam Omega Inc. House," but that was just me making up stuff. We haven't used that old webmanga logo since the relaunch as it causes too much confusion as to how the title is pronounced.

It's "Ah-oh-ee House" or you can just say "Owwie House" if you're one of those millions of people that says "Yowwie" (or "Ya-oy") instead of "Yah-oh-ee."

The title "Aoi House" has a lot of word play going into it. Yes, it is meant to be "Yaoi House," but the 'y' fell off, but "Aoi" means "blue" in Japanese.

At one point, I did hit around the idea of a co-ed sorority, but that was before I had the final title. You can learn a little bit about the different names the series and characters had by reading this set of Aoi Notes.

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

adam_omega wrote:Actually, it would be "Alpha Omega Iota House" since we used an omega sign in the original logo. I also used to joke that it could be "Adam Omega Inc. House," but that was just me making up stuff. We haven't used that old webmanga logo since the relaunch as it causes too much confusion as to how the title is pronounced.

Compounding the confusion is the fact that Omega doesn't really equate to O,but rather to W.
Omicron is the true greek version of O.
" I see you surrounded by hundreds upon hundreds of warriors,all pointing their weapons at you."

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Having the "omega" in there just looks cooler...
ImageImageImageImage

Plus, one reason we went with the "omega" in there was because it goes with my forum screen name. I used to go by Adam "OMEGA" Arnold at one point. So if you wanted to get weird, you could also say the title of the club could be "Adam Omega Inc. House."

There is some info on how the title and character name came about in these Aoi Notes from June 24.

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

atrus wrote:How about Psi Alpha Theta Iota?
ImageImageImageImage
Or Upsilon Alpha Theta Iota
ImageImageImageImage

Much better than Alpha Omega Iota
ImageImageImage

By the way, in college I was a member of ImageImage

Are you sure?
ImageImageImage

Now THIS is what I mean.

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Rod G

Post by Rod G »

Of course if you wanna get cute . . .

ImageImageImageImage

That would make it Upsilon Alpha Omicron Iota.
what do you think?

"My allies?"

"Your enemies."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

It's gotta have the omega in there. It's just a design thing. ^_-

That said, we might be changing the logo at some point. We have 2 logos right now and Shiei will take a stab at a 3rd one in the future.

GoggleHead

Post by GoggleHead »

Sign me up althought i'm not for the guy on guy stuff. but It would be a cool club to join. of the Anime sake anyway. :shruuug:
Adventure Awaits