'Question'

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Sasha

'Question'

Post by Sasha »

Adam do you mind if I ask you a question here so it is less trouble?

I know I've bothered you a lot already so if you don't want to just say no and I'll understand.

Thank you very much and sorry to bother you again, really I am.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: 'Question'

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sasha wrote:Adam do you mind if I ask you a question here so it is less trouble?

I know I've bothered you a lot already so if you don't want to just say no and I'll understand.

Thank you very much and sorry to bother you again, really I am.
Sure, it's no trouble.

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Thank you very much. You are way too nice.

So what I will ask is; did Sandy do the right thing when he originally cut Alex's hair?
I always assumed he was doing the heroic, or good guy, thing but now I'm not so sure.

Also I want to just apologize for acting stupidly emotional earlier. That was really immature of me and I’m sorry for it. All I can say is that NTR-like stuff just hits me very hard emotionally, especially since I can’t help but always resonate with the lone person, so that's why it got to me. I hope that doesn't upset you and apologize if it does.

So I am sorry for that and thank you once again for your time.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sasha wrote:So what I will ask is; did Sandy do the right thing when he originally cut Alex's hair?
I always assumed he was doing the heroic, or good guy, thing but now I'm not so sure.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

I think I understand. Thank you very much for your response.

I’m a bit afraid to type this next part just because I’m not sure if I’m saying it right but you've been so nice to me I think I can try; (deep breath)

I feel a bit afraid sometimes because Maria is quite often shown fawning over Alex and Maria is the only girl in Aoi House who ever likes Sandy in any way since I remember the 4-Koma’s show that Sandy’s own mother doesn’t really like him. So I feel a bit scared by the fact that despite Maria being the only female in the story who ever likes Sandy she still seems very into Alex often. I know there is nothing wrong with it so don't take it as a criticism please I'm just saying it makes me feel scared sometimes.

I understand Sandy’s a butt monkey so physical pain and bad luck happens to him a lot, and I have no problem with that since it makes him real funny and you added the hilarious twist of making it his superpower recently, but what makes me feel a bit frightened is the idea that none of the girls really care about him and they only pay attention to him because he tags along with Alex. Is this true?

I think what I’m trying to ask is; knowing that if he wanted too Alex could have Maria divorce Sandy in a heartbeat, does Sandy have any happiness which Alex couldn't take away from him if he wanted too?

Like would Sandy’s dad at least, if he was still alive, stick with Sandy or would Sandy’s two kids stay with their Daddy and support him?

I don’t know if any of that made sense. I hope it did.

Thank you very much for your time and patience. I really appreciate it.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The characters all evolved and changed over course of the series. Where Alex/Morgan and Sandy/Maria ended up are where they're going to stay. They're happy as they are. ^_^

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Okay. Thanks. I’m not sure I really get it but, then again, since I wasn’t even sure what I was asking I guess that makes sense. :)

Thank you very much for your answer though.

Well I don't want to waste much more of your time with my stupidity since your workload is probably immense. So if you do have time I have only one more question for you, do you mind if I ask it?

On a side note I really hope you don't think I'm being rude or offensive. I'm also not trying to be critical I'm just trying to figure somethings out which I'm not sure of and so I turn to you because, as the author, you know best. If any of this seems rude or presumptous to you please let me know right away and I'll stop. Although I'd like your help it is far more important to me to get along with you.

So thank you for your time and, if you do not mind, can I ask you one more question?
Last edited by Sasha on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

It's a forum, you can go ahead and ask any questions you like. You don't have to ask if you can ask a question. ^_^;

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

But you do have to raise your hand first. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Sorry about that I guess I’m just inexperienced at this then. My apologies I’ll stop. I'll just ask this last.

*Raises Hand* (Sorry I was just joking with Azrael there.)

Since you’re being so nice I’ll try to spit it out as best as I can;

When I first read AH I always felt like it was about a group of people who become friends with each other through zany adventures. Like an ensemble cast. Sure within the group there were some stronger connections which formed eventually; like Alex with Elle and Morgan and Sandy with Jessica, but other than the romantic relationships which formed later on in the story everyone was mostly equally friends.

However recently I began to become a little afraid and, re-reading AH, I got this fear that actually I had been interpreting it wrong and that it was meant to come across like everyone adored Alex and only paid attention to Sandy as a result of his being Alex’s friend.

So I guess what I’m asking is did all of the girls like Alex more than they liked Sandy? And I means 'like' as in friends, not romantically, since what I'm really interested in is just if the group were all friends with each other like I thought they were.

Thank you for your help. I apologize again for asking beforehand whether or not I can ask a question I just didn’t want to come across as presumptuous or rude after everything you’ve done for me. Thanks a lot and hopefully I'll be able to read a lot more stuff from you going forward. :)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

No matter the crazy stuff that happens...they're all friends, at the end of the day.

And everyone had a happy ending.

That's really all that matters, right?

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Thank you for your answer, it was very sweet. :)

I agree with you about the happy endings being important but, sadly, I can’t agree with you about everyone getting a happy ending.

I mean considering that Maria would happily with hearts in her eyes divorce her husband and ignore his existence completely if Alex wanted her too I can’t really call that a happy ending for Sandy. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure Sandy will be happy with his two kids but, for example, I don’t think I could describe my dad as happy with me and my siblings if I knew that there was a man who could just walk in and mom would leave with him forever very happily, you understand what I mean? Of course it’s just my opinion.

I think what I was doing was trying to find if there was a happy ending for him. Like I said before I can totally get him being physically hurt a lot, it’s really funny, but being as lonely as he is with seemingly no-one in the story ever liking him, romantically, as a friend or family, more than they like Alex is just too sad for me and, well, I just can't actually describe how sad I feel for the character who is so unloved by everyone. I think that was the thing I actually wanted to know from you the most; is there even a single character in the story who cares for Sandy more than they care for Alex?

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely fell in love with Sandy/Maria. :x It is my favourite couple and I love the scenes you and Shiei did of the two. But that's probably why I feel so heart-broken for Sandy because the girl he likes will always show more intense feelings for Alex. In fact I think everyone in the story shows more intense feelings for Alex than they do for Sandy I mean Alex is a really, really lucky dog. I don’t know maybe I’m just too much of a romantic, what do you think? :)

But anyway thanks for your time. You're really fun to chat too. :)

I would like to ask though how do you see Sandy having a happy ending considering that?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

You might be trying to come up with what if scenarios that weren't meant to be there. ^_^;

Alex is a good guy. He wouldn't come and steal Maria, nor would he try and take advantage of her as she's with Sandy. So set your mind at ease on that. @_@

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

You might be trying to come up with what if scenarios that weren't meant to be there. ^_^;
Oh I'm very sorry then. I normally try my best to stick to the source material, my apologies. I just thought, considering none of the girls were upset with Alex when he took advantage of them and also that none of them were grateful to Sandy for freeing them that it wasn't so far-fetched. In fact, considering that none of them minded, why didn't they just go back to living that way?
Alex is a good guy. He wouldn't come and steal Maria, nor would he try and take advantage of her as she's with Sandy. So set your mind at ease on that. @_@
Oh...that's really sad. I was afraid that was the case. So Maria is only with Sandy because Alex doesn't want her. If he wanted he could just steal her, it would be that easy. Oh. I...this is gonna sound stupid, guess I just thought that Sandy and Maria might love each other more than they love anyone. I was always a bit afraid that it was simply a matter of Sandy being Maria's second choice and that if Alex wanted she'd happily go with him. I guess I'm just a stupid romantic. Stupid. Stupid. Sorry about that, guess I just...I don't know what to say. This was just what I was afraid of I guess. Maria and Sandy will still be my favourite though...I...I...I seriously just don't know what to say to that.

Anyway thanks for the anwser, :) it was important too know and then, I suppose, I have only two things left I can ask;

Is there a single character in the entire story who loves Sandy more than they love Alex?

Why does everyone in the story love Alex so much more than they love Sandy?

Thanks, as always, for your time and stay well. :)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Aoi House is a harem comedy with two male characters instead of the usual one. Good and bad things happen to both of them... it's just Sandy has more bad stuff happen to him because it's funnier.

Is there some alternate universe where Maria ended up with Alex? Sure. But it's also probably the same universe where Elle ended up with Sandy...