Aoi House 4-Koma in Newtype USA

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Aoi House 4-Koma in Newtype USA

Post by Adam_Arnold »

SEVEN SEAS MANGA SERIALIZED IN NEWTYPE USA

(Los Angeles, December 21, 2005) - Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce that its popular web manga Aoi House will appear monthly in Newtype USA as an all-new color comic strip starting in their January 2006 issue. Each four-panel strip will be presented vertically in traditional Japanese "4-koma" format and will run on the final page of Newtype USA.

Created and written by Adam Arnold, co-creator of Animefringe: Online Anime Magazine, with art by fan favorite artist Shiei (Amazing Agent Luna), Aoi House is a teen comedy in the spirit of Love Hina, The Real World and Comic Party about two straight guys with no choice but to move into a college anime clubhouse full of crazed yaoi fan girls. Since its launch in January 2005 on Seven Seas’ website, Gomanga.com, its popularity has grown exponentially, with thousands of visitors a day coming back to read the latest zany adventures of the Aoi House crew.

"It’s an honor to be working with the number one anime and manga-related magazine in North America," says Seven Seas president Jason DeAngelis. "Newtype USA’s the perfect vehicle to introduce Aoi House to the very audience that it’s meant for: otaku."

"When we first saw the work coming out of Seven Seas we were immediately impressed with their dedication to creating original manga that stays true to what we all love about the medium," says Newtype USA senior editor Chris Johnston. "We're extremely pleased to be partnering with the talented creators of Aoi House to deliver these special four-panel episodes to our readers."

Aoi House is the first-ever web manga to feature its own groovy theme song created especially for the series by the platinum-selling Filipino pop band, J Brothers.

In May 2006, Aoi House will be collected into graphic novel format and published.

The January issue of Newtype USA will be available January 1, 2006.

The full press release can be found here: http://www.gomanga.com/news/press_017.php
Last edited by Giz on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Hakumei Hizoku

Post by Hakumei Hizoku »

Thats really great news to read. Is the four-panel strip going to be an all new story line for Aoi House or is it going to be the same as we been reading on GM?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

They're being written as stand-alone strips and are all-new. ^_-

Notecard Chinatsu

Post by Notecard Chinatsu »

COOOOOL!!!!! :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: :dancemove: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

This is awesome news! I love it and it's going to be in color that is even cooler! Oh now I have to make sure to get the January issue, of Newtype.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Thankfully they have gone back to selling it in stores, Suncoast, Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million and Borders Express all have it near me. So does the local comic shop, so it's great and much easier to find which I love since I can get it again fairly easily.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

WHOOHOO! Full-color manga!

Wait, will it be released in book form? And if so, by ADV or Seven Seas?

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Wait you mean the short strips? I wonder that too, will they be special omakes for the manga, a different book collection which I imagine Seven Seas would also release?

If you mean the webmanga well to quote Adam
Adam Arnold wrote:In May 2006, Aoi House will be collected into graphic novel format and published.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Yes, I meant the four-panel ones. :sweat: I'm looking forward to them.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I think it is excellent since it will bring new people into the world of Aoi House and hopefully to join the fun on the boards.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The koma won't be appearing in Vol. 1 of Aoi House (due out in May 2006), so the only place to see them is in Newtype USA for the moment. They will get collected at some point, though. ^_-

Hai

Post by Hai »

A hearty applause for Adam and Shiei! Great job guys! :thumbup: I'm looking forward to seeing the great panty raid serialized and in color! :catgirl:
Pandora: A Death Jr Manga out now!