Bonus Content for Aoi House Vol. 2...?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Glyph wrote: - Maybe a writer/artist commentary over a favorite chapter, reprinted in lighter tones, kinda like a DVD's director's commentary
You mean like MegaTokyo?
Megatokyo had that only in the first volume, and it was mainly for filling the blank space below the 4-panel-strips (before they changed the format to full-page).
Adam Arnold wrote:
MissAngelMaxwell wrote:I would love to see a floor plan of Aoi House. Or maybe a closer look at the characters' rooms and what's in them. That sort of background stuff is cool even if it is, well, in the background.
We must think alike, because this is a cool idea. I actually had this idea back when I was doing Vol. 1, but put it on hold. I might resurrect it again later on for the back of a future volume (maybe the fourth). When we do create a floor plan, I want it to look like an actual floor plan. The problem with that is we'd have to make it fit the book pages. Also, I want to ensure that it has all the rooms and secret elements. So it'll take some time to do and get right.
I like the idea too, but suspected it might not be suitable for vol. 2 (to avoid spoilers). We already know there's a secret room for onii-san, so there may very well be other secrets (e.g. secret passages like those in Hinata House) you may not want to give away right now. :sweat:

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

orangegoo wrote:i would like a profile of the author and the artist in the second book short ones of course
Yeah, this is an obvious one, but there is really a reason why I didn't include a bio page in the first book and don't really want to include one in the second... I would much rather use that page for something else. My view is that Aoi House's main draw isn't the fact that I write it or that Shiei draws it... it's the characters and story. Besides, Shiei has a bio in Amazing Agent Luna Vol. 1 and you can come online and find out more about me than you ever dreamed. ^_^;

maybe a short comic about sandy and alex making a remote control model plane and ecchiboo gets in it and they do stunts with him in it that would be cool
Sounds like you have a fanfic brewing... ^_-

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

MissAngelMaxwell wrote:I think it would be worth waiting for if it's too soon for volume 2. Maybe #2 could have a "profile" of one or more of the bedrooms. Perhaps a drawing labeled with what the key items on the room are.
Aww, but searching the panels yourself is what makes it fun... ^_-

I bet Sandy has a lot of the same stuff in his collection that you do (that's not meant as an insult).
Since he's at college...he doesn't have all his stuff. We might get to glimpse his house room in Episode 13, but that's still to be drawn...so it might not.

And where are the girls stashing their naughty doujinshi?
They keep it on the shelf in plain sight.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I can't really say how many pages we'd devote to fanart or how many images would go on a page (2? 3?)...but there is a chance that it might make it in there. No promises, though!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Cavalier wrote:maybe a profile of some characters and concept art and etc.
We actually used the majority of Shiei's concept art for those profiles in volume 1. Shiei's one of those artist that tends to just have things click. Also, the design phase of Aoi House was pretty easy because we already had some initial character designs to use as a spring board.