Any New Aoi House members on the way?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

GoggleHead

Any New Aoi House members on the way?

Post by GoggleHead »

Hi was wonder will be any more additions to the Aoi house character group? i would be kind of cool if you added a black otaku character. that would be awesome just something i wanted to throw out their. if not the manga is still awesome. thanks to anyone who read this. :happyhappy:
Adventure Awaits

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Aoi House line-up is pretty much filled right now. Vol. 3 will have some new characters, but they probably won't be joining Aoi House.

If you read the Aoi Notes in the back of Aoi House Vol. 1, I actually talk about how Jessica was going to be African-American at one point. The reason she was eventually reimagined as a Korean-American nurse character is really because it's not at all easy to ensure tone quality on dark-skinned characters in manga. It's just a technical hurdle more than anything. If the book were in color, we probably would've had someone that was hot like Haley Berry hitting on Alex and Sandy. ^_^

GoggleHead

Post by GoggleHead »

Adam Arnold wrote:Aoi House line-up is pretty much filled right now. Vol. 3 will have some new characters, but they probably won't be joining Aoi House.

If you read the Aoi Notes in the back of Aoi House Vol. 1, I actually talk about how Jessica was going to be African-American at one point. The reason she was eventually reimagined as a Korean-American nurse character is really because it's not at all easy to ensure tone quality on dark-skinned characters in manga. It's just a technical hurdle more than anything. If the book were in color, we probably would've had someone that was hot like Haley Berry hitting on Alex and Sandy. ^_^
yeah i did read that in you notes i really didn't know it was that hard to put african characters in manga. well it nice to know you would have consider it you know it only because black characters are so far in between in manga and anime but thanks for you response. but hopfully you can put a black member in the crew later

Thanks for your answer.
Last edited by archie on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adventure Awaits