The Word-At-A-Time Story

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

The Word-At-A-Time Story

Post by JVDifferent »

This is a game Asaryu, myself and some mutual friends used to play quite a lot. Thought it would rather fun to play here.

Normally how this works is that we'd arrange ourselves into some kind of circle, and take turns in adding a word to the story. So if the first person starts off with "Once", then the person next to them might follow up with "Upon", the next "A", and then the next "Time" in order to get "Once upon a time"- if that's what they each wanted to add to the story.

Since we aren't sitting around a campfire or whatever, this is how it is going to work.
1. You can only post one word into the story at a time. Make it bold.
2. Your word has to make some kind of sense. At least grammatically. Remember to attach punctuation if it's required. For example, if you want to start some dialogue, remember these ----> ""
3. You can't post a new word into the story until someone else has added to it. So basically no double-posting.
4. To keep up with the spirit of the "campfire" feel of the game, only read the current page for inspiration if you want to post. I can't re-enforce this rule, but it'd be cool if we tried it.
5. If we wish to finish a story off and start a new one, we'll paste all the words together and post the whole thing first, for everyone's reading ease. :)
6. Be creative! Or random! It'll be great.
7. Bear, this is nothing like the Word Association Game thread. I will stabbity-stab Awww if this gets lumped in with it. :P

Now to start off.

There
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Word-At-A-Time Story

Post by Don Alexander »

never,

Ah, another random thread for people to postwhore and then complain if someone demands a fanfic when they reach a kilopost. :P

Edit: Added comma to save story from Bear-blunder. :P
Last edited by Don Alexander on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Lump-in-with-other-thread-senses-tingling.... /:)

Smite

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

notwithstanding,

Bear, you immediately derailed the grammar... I'm trying to save it. L-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

was

Unlike the other 'postwhore' threads, this one needs at least some thought placed into each post, and we all get some amusing tales out of it. It's the opportunity to stretch some creative muscles without having to worry about whipping the muses into shape. Some of the silliest, most random jokes I've heard have all originated from Word-At-A-Time stories. :)
Last edited by JVDifferent on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

a
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

ebil
ImageImage

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

and
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

delicious

:P

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

than
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

bacon

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

fudgepie.
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Unless
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

you
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

replace

Exchange names with me for taxation purposes, baby
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.