Thunderdome

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Thunderdome

Post by farthingale »

To avoid falling into extended action roleplay scenarios, I have created this thread:

THUNDERDOME!

Here forumites may bringeth their battle gear and smite the holy hell out of each other. All forms of battle allowed, from historical sword duels, to cyberpunk carnage! All are welcome, all may challenge!

Fill in your character's stats in your first post and who you are challenging.

REMEMBER:

No powergaming!

Other people work hard on their characters, so no fair taking control of them while you godmode!

Peace, love and tally-ho.
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

Bear
BANNED

Re: Thunderdome

Post by Bear »

*Ambles in... gets the Kodiak and Critter construction crews to install the Modly box and all of the stands.*

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

Ah, the Dungeon-Master is here. :D

DM...

'Dungeon Myedvyed'?
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Muhahaha... I am, The Dungeon-Mod! *Pauses for a moment until realising that the critters haven't installed the visual and sound effects machinery yet.*

Ahem.. anyway... I like that. And here are my panel of completely unbiased judges! *Into the judges booth filter Genghis Bob, Union Bob, Cardinal Bobinez, Origional Bob and Frankie for their photocall.*

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

*Is pacing about, irritably talking on a cellphone*

Yes, I KNOW you're a professional, Marvin, but as a small yet significant indicator of that fact, won't you please confirm for me the time at which I asked your men to deliver?... Sorry, I didn't catch that?... Right. Seven. SEVEN o'clock. What time is it now, Marv?... EXACTLY. Now how do you -- hang on, I have another call -- Yes, Stephen?... Do you? Wonderful. How much?... No, I'm sorry, that's completely out of the question! Is that really the best they can do?... Well... Yes, well tell them that it's a stadium LCD, not space shuttle, and if that's their final offer I'm going to McLamb's.... Good, thank you. Byebye. -- Marvin. Right. As I was saying: Either that astroturf is rolled out by six am tomorrow, or I'll be introducing your entire company to a far less attractive form of turf, and I shall deliver it in shovels.

*Clicks off*

Honestly. I'll be lucky if we make the opening! *Checks the schedule* We're supposed to have a fight here tomorrow afternoon! #-o
Image Image

Engy

Post by Engy »

*Knocks on the door*
Hello? Anyone inside? I was wondering if anyone would need some health dispensers for post-fight healing. And what are all these critters here doing? They look like they are working on... Explosives?
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

Hm, sounds good. Do you have a price list? Obviously something like that we'll want to buy in bulk. Do you have model options for non-human subjects?
Image Image

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Don't worry about the critters, they're highly skilled professionals.. *Small section of the construction site explodes, causing critters to rain from the sky on little parachutes.* Just because we pay them peanuts doesn't mean they have shoddy building practices. *Watches Critters burying their empty peanut packets under the foundation trench for the stadum floor autowash system.*

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

*zips past Engy and Farth, quick as anything, and perches on a nearby railing, small and feline*

So...something going on here?

*claws tap against the railing*
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

*Turns to face the feline*

Yes, assuming we can -- EEEK!

*Leaps to avoid a falling beam*

ASSUMING the project survives construction!
Image Image

Engy

Post by Engy »

*Walks in*
Are ya kidding me? I'm the cause for building this up. Besides, after my 'godmodding' I think I should give something back to the community. Free dispensers! Haven't tested it on any species other then humans, cats and bears, so I am not sure if it will work for everyone, but a change is made fast.
Besides, if you put them behind atleast 2 inch thick steel doors that only open up when there isn't a battle should ensure that they don't get damaged.
*Looks at a nearby parachute landing squirrel*
Yeah... I think I'm glad that I am wearing a helmet and goggles.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

*peeps in* anything i can do to help? *flutters wings slightly and smiles*
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

*Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers at the same squirrel as Engy, then shakes head and swings around the railing*

Hey...there should be a prize for dodging falling beams! Like a wee alien dolly, which can kick ass, or something.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

*Hands CA a tray laden with drinks*

These are for the crew. No alcohol for the beasties, though. I mean, you do value your life, surely? And when you're done with that...

*fishes in her pocket and draws out a long piece of paper: a list so long it has to be rolled up*

..Enjoy. ;;)
Image Image

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

See? This is why I never volunteer for stuff.