Two Truths and a Lie

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Two Truths and a Lie

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

I know this game is usually played among people who know each other IRL, but oh well :p

For anyone who's never played before, it's basically what it sounds like...you post two things that are true about you and one that's a lie, and everyone tries to guess which one is the lie. The only real "rule" is to not post lies that have to do with numbers (such as "I own 100 books" when you actually own 95) because there's no way people can know exact numbers :)

Here we go!

1. I have never been outside of the U.S.
2. I can walk on stilts.
3. I have never had a major surgery.
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Re: Two Truths and a Lie

Post by Lilianna »

The lie is 3?

Mine is:
1. I play tuba.
2. I'm bad at English.
3. My best friend is male.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

The lie is 2

Here's mine:
1.I love cinnamon
2.I am a compulsive liar
3. I scare easily
Last edited by Ithilion on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Lilianna wrote:The lie is 3?

Mine is:
1. I play tuba.
2. I'm bad at English.
3. My best friend is male.

Good job :) I had to have one of my parathyroid glands (little thingies in your neck) taken out when I was 15 because there was a small tumor on it and it was sucking calcium from my bones into my blood and therefore losing it D: As a result, I have osteoporosis in my spine, hips, and slightly in my wrists. I was going to use the osteoporosis as the lie, but I thought people would choose it since it sounded so outrageous :))

I'm going to go with Ith and guess 2, since at the least I won't accidentally insult you :))
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Ithilion wrote:The lie is 2

Here's mine:
1.I love cinnamon
2.I am a compulsive liar
3. I scare easily

Hmm.....torn between 2 or 3......3?

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

heheeh ...the lie is 3 actually... while i do sometimes jump at sudden sounds, its due to my tendons, not being scared... takes a hell of a lot to unnerve me

as for 2... its true, but only for small stuff (like say... who broke that vase?)
Last edited by Ithilion on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Teacher2B wrote:
SidewaysPlatypus wrote:

Good job :) I had to have one of my parathyroid glands (little thingies in your neck) taken out when I was 15 because there was a small tumor on it and it was sucking calcium from my bones into my blood and therefore losing it D: As a result, I have osteoporosis in my spine, hips, and slightly in my wrists. I was going to use the osteoporosis as the lie, but I thought people would choose it since it sounded so outrageous :))
Eek...that's so bad...poor SP :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :-*

@Lilly: Number 2

Mine is:

1- I have a nasty temper.
2-I play the guitar.
3- I'm currently single.

Darnit, everybody's using really good tactics by putting things that might insult them if you choose them or don't choose them =)) =))

I can't choose between 1 or 3 so I'm going to pick 2, even if I'm wrong :))

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Actually, the lie is 1. I'm in flag corps. I can't even read music.

And I am bad at English... class. I'm a really good reader, but ask me to break down diction and symbolism and I'm done. :))
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:You guessed right! Number 2 is the lie :D
That was easy, in your case. :P People who've been posting long enough might have gotten a hint (or more :-= ) of #1 (despite your normally super-sweet disposition), and some of us remeber that you split up a few months back...

Okay, let's see...

1. I was a singer in a metal band!!
2. During my childhood, I fell out of our big cherry tree and broke my wrist!!
3. I have met a true real-life nobel proze winner!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Don Alexander wrote: Okay, let's see...

1. I was a singer in a metal band!!
2. During my childhood, I fell out of our big cherry tree and broke my wrist!!
3. I have met a true real-life nobel proze winner!!
I'm going to say... 1. Seems too obvious to be true.

As for me, see if you can guess:
1. I have no sense of smell whatsoever.
2. A website I once built was optioned by Sony Entertainment for rights to all the code.
3. Once while working as a shop assistant in an off-license (alcohol store), I got held up at gunpoint.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'd say 1... Hm... No? 1 seems so outrageous (the other two quite believable) that it would be stupid to actually place it... So I'll actually say 3.

Concerning my own, no answer yet, I want to let more people guess!! :p
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Either #1 or #2 is the lie, I'd say...

I'll call #2 the lie...I'm having a hard time thinking of a reason for them to do that...

1. I have a collection I've never once added to myself, but it constantly gets bigger. (M&M-related merch, FTR.)
2. I once broke my arm playing Win, Lose, or Draw.
3. My first girlfriend was 5 years older than me.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:@DA: Don't know why, but I'm going for 2 as the lie...maybe because I don't associate "big" and "cherry tree" together (all the cherry trees I have seen here are too small for a child to climb).
No, we had a huge cherry tree. It was probably 50 years old at least. The trunk was like a foot in diameter, it was over ten meters high and the branches also spread at least ten meters. It used to dominate our yard. This is really the truth.
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Kamino Neko wrote:1. I have a collection I've never once added to myself, but it constantly gets bigger. (M&M-related merch, FTR.)
2. I once broke my arm playing Win, Lose, or Draw.
3. My first girlfriend was 5 years older than me.
I'll chance and say #3 was the lie - I've had collections like the vague one you're referring to in #1, and #2 sounds too funny not to be true. I can just see you gesturing wildly to encourage someone, losing your footing, and falling as you smack your arm against the coffee table.

My turn. :D

1. - I'm a member of the "mile high" club.
2. - I've had a conversation with Punk Rock God Henry Rollins.
3. - Even though I'm 36 years old, I can still do the splits.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Dirty n Evil wrote:I'll chance and say #3 was the lie - I've had collections like the vague one you're referring to in #1, and #2 sounds too funny not to be true. I can just see you gesturing wildly to encourage someone, losing your footing, and falling as you smack your arm against the coffee table.
Good call - #3 IS, in fact, the lie - the collection is comprised mostly of Xmas gifts (though a few random purchases during the year), and the broken arm was more or less that - I was stepping up on a bench to get a better look, lost my footing, and hit the concrete floor.

Nobody believed it was broken until I got to the hospital and had it X-rayed. >_>
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.