Zombie Survival Sim: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Re: Zombie Survival Sim: Game Thread

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I suggest this plan in order to deal with the rotting corpse issue.

D2-M1
Mission: Search the Gas Station for Petrol cans/Petrol and supplies.
Team: Kevin Conners, (pending)
Items: Fire axe, Fire Fighting Equipment, Backpack, (pending)
Plans: Attempt to secure a sorce of petrol in order to burn the collecting piles of bodies, and maintain the sanitation of the home base building. Also be on the look out for food, tools or any other such supplies one may find in a gas station. Zombie Threats are to be nuetralized with a degree of noise supression.
Approval: (pending)

Please feel free to add or tweek this plan, I'm think only of means to be rid of these rotting corpses so we won't attract disease. *Kevin sighs a bit*

And while I'm out there, I can take stock of any possible survivor locations. Those people NEED me out there looking for them.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

we still need a place to burn them well. Using the roof might burn the building down unless we set it up right and we dont have the resources to set up anything, plus the chance for rain...bodies take time to burn.

We could loot that pizza place and after we've looted it , we burn the bodies to ashes within the furnace.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

"I would suggest that tomorrow be primarily dedicated to expanding our supply base, particularly in the area of ammunition. We can worry about burning the bodies tomorrow."

preliminary mission profiles:

DX-MX
Mission: Gather supplies.
Team: (Pending, suggest primarily soldiers, one doctor)
Items: (pending, suggest backpacks, firearms, walkie-talkies)
Plans: Group will travel south along the main road, staying low to minimize visual recognition by zombies. 3 stores will be entered and looted for all useful supplies in the following order; The Gun Store, the electronic store, the grocery store and the pharmacy. At the grocery store, carts will be obtained to increase carrying capacity for the team. Upon leaving each location, doors should be secured if possible to reduce chance of future zombie intrusion and make future searches of said location safer. Emphasis is to be placed on weaponry/ammunition, food, communication/navigation equipment.
Approval: (Pending)

DX-MX
Mission: Sanitize 564 Main Street, collect uncatalogued supplies.
Team: (Pending)
Items: Knives, (Pending)
Plans: All dead bodies are to be removed to the area in front of 564 Main Street. Said bodies should only be handled after their spinal chords have been safely severed, direct contact should be avoided. Afterward, all supplies not collected by the D1-M2 team should be collected and cataloged.
Approval: (Pending)
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Oh and i approve todays mission and i volunteer to join it. We should be careful though, if we do get fuel and find stuff, its gonna be trouble carrying it back.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

I don't like the idea of going too far from this building. If we get attacked out there and can't make it back...

As for your concerns about corpse burning, we could always burn bodies in a parking lot, but we aren't actually sure that extreme tempratures kill the disease. We still don't know if it can be spread by inhalation either, or if animals can catch it or carry it. We don't really have any idea what the disease is. We need you two to figure that out.
I know things. It's the only thing I know how to do.

You should fear me. Why do you not fear me?

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I'm not concerned about whether or not the fires will destroy the disease, as long as it cures the smell.
I'm more concerned about sending a team more then a block away from our home base so soon.
Specially since shopping carts make an awful lot of noise.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Thats a good point about the carts. They do rattle something fierce.

The places we're going to arent too far, atleast the mission for today. We'll need to branch out further and further as resources become scarcer and as we become more capable of moving greater distances as we salvage more supplies and better equipment, weapons and tools. Be more capable of widening out reach so to speak. The plan concerning the store's is a future plan, not what we're doing today or even capable of risking yet with what we have.

Long distances will be a problem in the future. A longer term goal of ours should be to set up small saferooms across the city that are well hidden and well-fortified that we can use to store supplies of non-perishable food, first aid and weapons. That way when we travel long distances, we have places to rest or bunker down in during emergencies. We make these once we manage to develop this building enough and expend any salvage sources in the current area. The saferooms are ofcourse a long term possibility, we're no way near capable doing that right now.

As for the disease. We've all had some level of contact with the infected. If it was airborne, we'd all already be dead or infected. it's pretty much reassured that extreme temperature and fire WILL destroy any diseases and organic as long as the flames consume the bodies entirely.

I'am not sure about the parking lot. This rain or any rain in the future make's any area thats not well enclosed or open to the air, a bad idea for a fire. It would not burn right and would be in a moist environment, which we really do NOT want; we already have the zombie disease to worry about without the multitude of problems rotting corpses in a moist environment will bringEven then, a fire and the immense smoke from possibility wet material in the parking lot may attract zombies or bandits. Its close enough to us that they're either find this place and lay siege or make traveling pure hell for us. I very much recomend a furnace for this job when we come down to it.

We need an enclosed, dry area that wont burn down and is great with a fire. Thats why i'd prefer a place with a furnace rather than us using a bonfire.

[thoughts]holy god i've been speaking forever! how many times did sir have to chastise you for doing that [/thoughts]

errr..sorry.. i went on for quite a bit there, i tend to get lost in speaking out my thoughts... Not commanding or anything here, just offering my opinion, realizations and incites...things to consider..
Last edited by Tenjen on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

It happens.
Last edited by Some guy on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know things. It's the only thing I know how to do.

You should fear me. Why do you not fear me?

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

Wonderful! A pharmacy! We'll get to get plenty of alcohol as well antibiotics and other medicines just to be safe. If there are any perceptions left over, I think we should leave them. We don't know who touched them and they could infect someone or our food. We'll also want to stock up on gloves and masks as well. They'll be useful in the long run. And of course we'll need gauze as well. Is there anything I'm forgetting?

I have to keep my head on this mission. I'm the only one here with medical training. I don't the others competence but I know they can't do this without me. If only we could be closer to a hospital. We'd be able to get our hands on other important equipment. Well, beggars can't be choosers and this is the best we got. Who knows? We might survive this whole nasty ordeal.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

'J'

Post by 'J' »

"Keep in mind that I'm not talking about going anywhere we didn't check out on the scouting mission, and we need to better supply ourselves before we can do anything else. It is a good point about the noise of the carts, but after hitting the gun store, we should be well enough armed to deal with any attention we draw. We can leave them behind if we need to, but I believe it is worth the risk."

"A separate question I would like to introduce is whether we should search the bodies of zombies we kill; on the one hand, there is always the chance of finding something useful, but on the other, we risk contamination by coming into contact with infected tissue. What do you think doctors?"
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Basic hygiene ettiqueitte concerning contact should be maintained. We need to get some water or a water source and cleansing and sterilizing material to keep ourselves clean, our clothes and equipment. Especially if we're handling zombie corpses, to check, research or dispose of. Hell some biological hazard equipment and protective gear would be ideal. Even a proper alternative something like more firemen suits.

Checking the bodies..well i guess its good for finding communication devices, weapons, useful knick knacks and items. For just that, we should keep it as basic and quick as possible. Avoid mushy or particularly ripe bodies, if it smells and looks mroe awful than useful, specially if its..any sort of wet looking, avoid it completely.

Bodies suitable should be spine severed first and handled with gloves and maybe a nice long stick. No detailed searches. basic patting of pockets, no sticking your hand in things and lifting some clothing with the stick to check is more than enough. Watch for sharp objects on the corpse like jutting bone's, needles, knives or whatever, as little contact with mushy bits and actual flesh as possible. All contact material should be cleaned or disposed of immediately as well as salvage. Any salvage that is extremely filthy or hard to clean should be ignored.

Thats just off the top of my head. I'am sure i've forgotten or failrf to mention something. Dr D..erb, Ronnie, what does your expertise say on the matter?
ImageImageImage

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

I don't think searching bodies is a good idea unless we know there are dead for sure. We could be searching a body we would presumed dead and then boom! It comes to life and attacks us. I think we should focus solely on getting supplies from safe places. If push comes to shove, we can mount a mission to search the bodies.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

'J'

Post by 'J' »

"I'd like everyone to make a shopping list for the expedition."

D2-M1
Mission: Gather supplies.
Team: Jay, Stacia Williams, Melissa Kelly, Mike Byrens, Harry Burns, (Pending)
Items: 5 Backpacks, Hunting Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, 1 set Walkie-Talkies, 1 Dead GPS Unit, 1 Toolbox, Lamps, 1 Emergency Flashlight, First Aid Kits (pending)
Plans: Group will travel south along the main road, scouts will enter each new area first, and then report zombie presence back to main group, staying low to minimize visual recognition by zombies. 4 stores will be entered and looted for all useful supplies in the following order; The Gun Store, the electronic store, the grocery store and the pharmacy. At the grocery store, carts will be obtained to increase carrying capacity for the team. Important supplies will be carried in backpacks, in case the carts must be abandoned. Upon leaving each location, doors should be secured if possible to reduce chance of future zombie intrusion and make future searches of said location safer. Emphasis is to be placed on weaponry/ammunition, food/water, medical supplies, communication/navigation equipment, batteries, & cleaning supplies in that order.
Approval: J, (Pending)

D2-M2
Mission: Sanitize 564 Main Street, collect uncatalogued supplies.
Team: Erica Manns, (Pending)
Items: Knives, 1 Handgun, 1 Lamp, 1 First Aid Kit, 1 Toolbox (Pending)
Plans: All dead bodies are to be removed to the area behind 564 Main Street. Said bodies should only be handled after their spinal chords have been safely severed, and direct contact should be avoided.A visual inspection should be made of each body, and any immediate apparent useful equipment collected into a separate pile for sterilization at a later time. Basic hygiene etiquette concerning contact should be maintained, equipment which if visibly contaminated with bodily matter or fluids should be ignored, but made note of. Afterward, all supplies not collected by the D1-M2 team should be collected and cataloged.
Approval: J, (Pending)

i can finalize the plan once i've got everyone's approval, and what mission they want to be on.
Yet still, I live...

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I will handle the spinal severing in mission two with my axe. Given that, I approve.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

will be a doctor be needed for the Sanitization mission?

If not i'll go with the supply mission. My approval for both missions.
ImageImageImage