Zombie Survival Sim: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Zombie Survival Sim: Game Thread

Post by Lighthawk »

Status
Population: 10
PCs
Player: Tenjen
Name: Sean Edgar Himmlisch
Traits: Mixed heritage, hard to specify any racial background from his accent, behavior and features, he is tall [6”2'] and lean, somewhat underweight but with a good build. Has messy curly hair. He’s in his mid-to-late 20’s. He is a skilled and promising medical expert.
Sean is a zen, philosophic and eccentric individual with a unique view of life. He works better under pressure and is highly perceptive and aware of his environment and the people within it in terms of their mental and physical state. He is highly adaptive in a practical and emotional sense [eg, coming up with unique ideas and dealing with trauma from bad experiences]. He is adept at learning and developing skills from related practical experiences. His expressive faculties are mediocre, causing him to have trouble expressing himself or his ideas. In compliment to his perception, he has a strong sense of integrity and is respectful, empathetic and cares deeply for his “charges” [those under his care and medical responsibility]. Lack of awareness/knowledge of his environment and the state of his charges [eg due to absence] puts him into a fixed state of worry.
He was in the middle of his training/career when disaster struck. His, now possibly late, mentor noted Sean’s natural talent make him a pseudo-prodigy in need of tempering through trial-by-fire and/or further long-term medical experience. Sean thus has issue’s dealing with prolonged and extensive bouts of stress without reprieve. Providing medical aid helps reassure and reaffirm his confidence in his abilities and identity. This results in his mental well-being and emotional stability directly correlating with the physical well-being of his “charges”.
Health: 92
Sanity: 90
Class: Doctor
Management: 30
Stealth: 30
Combat: 30
Construction: 30
Medicine:60
Level: 1st
XP: 75
Player: Some Guy
name: Logan Smith
traits: Tall, but otherwise of an average build. Wears thick glasses. Clean shaven. Survived initial outbreak by not stopping for anyone. Somewhat manipulative.
health: 99
sanity: 90
class: Leader
management:60
stealth:30
combat:30
construction:30
medicine:30
level:1
xp:75
Player: Miss Vavavavoom
Name: Veronica Duvall
Traits: Curvy, oozing sex appeal and smart to boot, Miss Duvall loves being the center of attention but knows when it's time for her to work. She can be somewhat motherly but she's more interested in having someone to spend the night with. She's a gifted chemist who can make both make-up and obedience.
Health: 100
Sanity: 96
Class: Doctor
Medicine:60
XP:75
Player: ExplodingJoe
Name: Kevin Conners
Traits: Average height with short black hair and blue eyes. Kevin was a fireman during the initial outbreak. Though always in love with the concept of coming to the rescue, something snapped in him during the outbreak and he now takes it upon himself to save everyone and anyone. Never seen without his thick flame-retardent fire gear or trusty fire axe, he owes his initial survival to the difficulty a human jaw has in chewing through holocaust materials.
Health: 95
Sanity: 100
Class: Soldier
Combat: 60
Medicine:30
XP:75
Player: ‘J’
Name: Jay
Traits: Tall and thin, calculating in thought and generally unemotive to a somewhat off-putting degree. Favors his right leg because of a slightly weak left knee due to a parkour accident several years ago. Formerly a third year student of psychology.
Health: 94
Class: Scout
Stealth: 60
XP: 70
NPCs
Name: Erica Manns
Traits: Punk rocker chick, moody
Health: 92
Class: Builder
Construction: 60
Name: Harry Burns
Traits: Slightly overwieght but solid, joker
Sanity: 96
Class: Leader
Management: 60
XP: 70
Name: Melissa Kelly
Traits: Tough tomboy, lots of attitude
Name: Stacia Williams
Traits: Slender and athletic, keeps to herself
Class: Scout
Stealth: 60
Name: Mike Byrens
Traits: Short and stocky with big muscles, dark sense of humor
Health: 88
Territory: 564 Main Street. 3 entrances, 3 controlled.
3 floors.
36 rooms, 5 converted to living space, 31 generic.
No running water, no electricity
Mild defenses
Living Space: 10
Food: 56 units
Water: 76 units
Moral: 70%
Weapons:
5 hunting rifles, 46 rounds.
4 shotgun(1 with Jay), 9 shells(3 with Jay).
10 Handguns, 1 SMG, 114 rounds.
5 survival knives.
1 collapsible baton
1 sword
Supplies:
2 Tool boxes
3 First aid kits (100%)
1 First aid kit (95%)
4 Backpacks
5 camping lamps, 4 days worth of oil
Candles, 3 days worth
1 camping stove, 2 days worth of fuel
1 set of firefighting gear
1 fireman’s axe
1 emergency flashlight (hand-cranked model)
4 flashlights, 27 batteries
2 GPS (1 with Jay), 10 walkie-talkies(1 with Jay), 10 batteries (1 dead, 2 with Jay), 2 car chargers, 1 dual unit charger
1 potted tomato plant (wilted but alive)
Keys to an RV
3 sets of cold weather clothing
Calender
Day 1
Weather: Cloudy and windy, 68°F. Very productive day, scouted the immediate area, cleared and secured homebase of zombies. Only had one mild injury and some frayed nerves. Good gains.
Day 2
Weather: Moderate rain, 51°F. Another productive day, cleaned out homebase and did some scavenging, but the productivity was marred by an aggressive zombie response to the scavenging team that nearly ended badly. Jay became separated and trapped overnight, and zombies nearly made it into homebase.
Day 3
Weather: Foggy and damp, 48°F.
Attachments
z city 2.gif
z city 2.gif (117.08 KiB) Viewed 24537 times
Last edited by Lighthawk on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Some guy

Re: Zombie Survival Sim: Game Thread

Post by Some guy »

Do you mean four days worth if all the lamps or on all the time? Or is it four days worth no matter how much you try to conserve the oil?
I know things. It's the only thing I know how to do.

You should fear me. Why do you not fear me?

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

we will soon be out of food if a ready supply is not found.
Also there could be more survivors hudled around said food supply.
Also we may be able to find more light sources during the search for readily available food.

We need to make some exploratory missions to take stock of our surroundings.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

what;s the city look like; is it possible to move building to building via rooftops and windows or do we need to go down into the streets? is it an old city with narrow roads, or a newer, more car-centric city with wide streets and lots of parking? are they clear of debris, and if not, how bad is it? how far can we see in any given direction at street level?

first order of business is finding a better safehouse and more supplies. i suggest we each take one of the npcs and head out in scout out the immediate area.

i would like to lay claim to one of the backpacks, one of the pistols, a knife and a lantern.
Yet still, I live...

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

I'll need a first aid kit as well as a backpack and one of those knifes in case someone is infected and there's no hope of saving a certain body part.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I don't care who takes what, as long as I can keep my axe. But seriously, someone should make a better plan then just spreading out to scout random locations.
We need search zones and areas to fall back, where defenses will be waiting. Also we'd need open corriders for transporting any survivors to fallback points without exposing the team to much risk. I volunteer to be the muscle in the first scouting party.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

We have to make sure our present safehouse is actually safer before we stake out into the streets and leave this place shorthanded. We currently control the 3rd floor, if shit goes down, we'll be trapped up here. Worse if its while scouting parties are out, people here will be shorthanded.

We should check out this building first if theres any thing more to find as well as any dangers to take care of, moving or otherwise. Maybe we can restore the electricity and water somehow. After checking and clearing, we need to reinforce this building. Put up defences on the remaining entrances on the bottom floors.

i'll take a backpack and a first aid kit. I'll keep my hope in Conner's axe swinging skills.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

'J'

Post by 'J' »

yeah, on second thought it is best to search, clear & secure the current location incase we don't find something better on the first try. still, i'd like to make a circuit of the immediate area with the other scout to get the lay of the land and disposition of enemy forces, hopefully pick up some supplies along the way. hopefully a stealth of 60 will keep them from following us home.

i propose the following plan:

day1:
secure starting location for short term dwelling

day2:
concerted search for a more secure stronghold, meet back at starting local before sunset

day3:
move to and secure better stronghold if available, better secure starting local if not.
Yet still, I live...

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

I think that plan seems like it should work, and suggest a long term goal of finding some sort of transportation we can sleep in, like a bus or a van, and getting out of the city.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I'am willing to join the scouting parties for this place and when we eventually search outside.

We have about 5 days worth of food, two after our searches are done but hey, in these times, finding food and supplies doenst even need to be mentioned.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

Can we eat zombies in an emergency? We should test the stuff if we manage to find any crazy people... In any case, the first thing the scouts should be watching for is anything that might contain cans of food.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I agree mostly with the above mentioned plans. Secure this place, then find food and water sources.
Once we have those two things covered, I can begin the search for area survivors.

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

So have we got any volunteers for the first mission?

I personally suggest a small group of scouts going down, avoiding all zombies, and grabbing any supplies that we could use.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

thing that makes most sense to me is to split the first day into 3 missions: one to search the immediate area surrounding our building, one to search and clear out any zombies within said building, one to secure all the entrances to said building.

proposal:

D1-M1
Mission: Search and chart the area around 564 Main Street for a 5 block radius.
Team: Jay, Stacia Williams
Items: 2 backpacks, 2 lanterns, 2 knives, 1 first aid kit
Plans: Supplies are to be collected, with priority toward weapons, food, medical supplies, communication and navigational equipment. A map should be made of all areas observed, with useful assets, hazards and clear routs of travel marked. Maximum stealth is to be maintained, and zombie contact avoided at all cost.
Approval: J, (pending)

D1-M2
Mission: Search within 560 Main Street for useful supplies, eliminate all zombies within the building.
Team: (pending, suggest mostly soldiers with at least 1 medic)
Items: (pending, suggest firearms, lanterns, first aid kits)
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, with any zombie found eliminated immediately. Any supplies found should be collected, with priority toward weapons, food, medical supplies, communication and navigational equipment.

D1-M3
Mission: Secure all entrances to 560 Main Street, strengthen defenses, attempt to reactivate water supply.
Team: (pending, suggest builders and anyone not necessary in M1 or M2, minimum 1 soldier to protect workers)
Items: 2 tool boxes, (pending, suggest minimum 1 firearm)
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, all entrances must be secured and fortifications upgraded. Any remaining time should be spent attempting to reactivate the building's water supply. This team should not enter any area until cleared by the team from D1-M2.
Yet still, I live...

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

i would like to point out on the third floor, and consider having our scouts jump and break a leg an unacceptable risk. I give my approval to missions two and three.
'J' wrote: D1-M2
Mission: Search within 560 Main Street for useful supplies, eliminate all zombies within the building.
Team: (pending, suggest mostly soldiers with at least 1 medic)
Items: (pending, suggest firearms, lanterns, first aid kits)
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, with any zombie found eliminated immediately. Any supplies found should be collected, with priority toward weapons, food, medical supplies, communication and navigational equipment.
Approval: J, Some guy (pending)

D1-M3
Mission: Secure all entrances to 560 Main Street, strengthen defenses, attempt to reactivate water supply.
Team: (pending, suggest builders and anyone not necessary in M1 or M2, minimum 1 soldier to protect workers)
Items: 2 tool boxes, (pending, suggest minimum 1 firearm)
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, all entrances must be secured and fortifications upgraded. Any remaining time should be spent attempting to reactivate the building's water supply. This team should not enter any area until cleared by the team from D1-M2.
Approval: J, Some guy (pending)