Zombie Survival Sim: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Re: Zombie Survival Sim: Game Thread

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I volunteer for Mission 2, give me my axe and suit and I'll take point to minimize injury.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

I should go on mission 2 seeing as how I'm the only doctor as of now.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Some guy wrote:i would like to point out on the third floor, and consider having our scouts jump and break a leg an unacceptable risk. I give my approval to missions two and three.
good point, revised/refined plans below.

D1-M1
Mission: Search and chart the area around 564 Main Street for a 5 block radius.
Team: Jay, Stacia Williams
Items: 2 backpacks, 2 lanterns, 2 knives, 1 first aid kit
Plans: Supplies are to be collected, with priority toward weapons, food, medical supplies, communication and navigational equipment. A map should be made of all areas observed, with useful assets, hazards and clear routs of travel marked. Maximum stealth is to be maintained, and zombie contact avoided at all cost. This team should leave via one of the 1st floor entrances once the team from D1-M2 has cleared a path to the ground floor, and should not jump from the third floor window.
Approval: J, Some guy, (pending)

D1-M2
Mission: Search within 560 Main Street for useful supplies, eliminate all zombies within the building.
Team: Veronica Duvall, Kevin Conners, Melissa Kelly, Harry Burns, (pending)
Items: 1 set of firefighting gear, 1 fireman’s axe, 1 first aid kit, 3 backpacks, 2 hunting rifles, 1 shotgun, 2 handguns, 3 lanterns
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, with any zombie found eliminated immediately. Any supplies found should be collected, with priority toward weapons, food, medical supplies, communication and navigational equipment.

D1-M3
Mission: Secure all entrances to 560 Main Street, strengthen defenses, attempt to reactivate water supply.
Team: Erica Manns, Mike Byrens, Logan Smith (pending)
Items: 2 tool boxes, 1 first aid kit, 1 pistol, 1 lantern
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, all entrances must be secured and fortifications upgraded. Any remaining time should be spent attempting to reactivate the building's water supply. This team should not enter any area until cleared by the team from D1-M2.

tenjen and some guy need to state which missions they want Sean Edgar Himmlisch and Logan Smith to go on & tenjen, exploding joe, and ms. vvvv need to officially give/deny their approval for each mission.

edited to reflect some guy's approval and character allocation.
Last edited by 'J' on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yet still, I live...

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

I volunteer for mission three, and approve the revised mission 1.
I know things. It's the only thing I know how to do.

You should fear me. Why do you not fear me?

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I approve, this sounds like a good first day. Lets get these missions done.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I'll join mission 1 given it has the greatest risk of injury and i'd like to know more about our surrounding environment. I'am good at taking stock of my surroudings and I'll keep up with Jay and Stacia best i can, they seem quick on their feet.

I give my approval for all 3 simultaneous missions. While i'am not comfortable with us being that seperated at the same time, we dont have the time or rather the resources consumed by it given our current supplies, to waste a whole on on each mission.

[edit: added the bit after supplies, forgot to write it before]
Last edited by Tenjen on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Final Revision

D1-M1
Team: Jay, Stacia Williams, Sean Edgar Himmlisch
Items: 3 backpacks, 2 lanterns, 2 knives, 1 handgun 1 first aid kit
Plans: Supplies are to be collected, with priority toward weapons, food, medical supplies, communication and navigational equipment. A map should be made of all areas observed, with useful assets, hazards and clear routs of travel marked. Maximum stealth is to be maintained, and zombie contact avoided at all cost. This team should leave via one of the 1st floor entrances once the team from D1-M2 has cleared a path to the ground floor, and should not jump from the third floor window.
Approval: J, Some guy, Exploding Joe, Tenjen, Miss Vavavavoom

D1-M2
Mission: Search within 560 Main Street for useful supplies, eliminate all zombies within the building.
Team: Veronica Duvall, Kevin Conners, Melissa Kelly, Harry Burns
Items: 1 set of firefighting gear, 1 fireman’s axe, 1 first aid kit, 2 backpacks, 2 hunting rifles, 1 shotgun, 1 handgun, 3 lanterns
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, with any zombie found eliminated immediately. Any supplies found should be collected, with priority toward weapons, food, medical supplies, communication and navigational equipment.

D1-M3
Mission: Secure all entrances to 560 Main Street, strengthen defenses, attempt to reactivate water supply.
Team: Erica Manns, Mike Byrens, Logan Smith
Items: 2 tool boxes, 1 first aid kit, 1 handgun, 1 lantern
Plans: Light and noise discipline should be maintained to the best extent possible, all entrances must be secured and fortifications upgraded. Any remaining time should be spent attempting to reactivate the building's water supply. This team should not enter any area until cleared by the team from D1-M2.

edited to reflect ms. vvvv's approval
Last edited by 'J' on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yet still, I live...

Miss Vavavavoom

I approve of all said missions as well.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

D1-M1
Team: Jay, Stacia Williams, Sean Edgar Himmlisch
Items: 3 backpacks, 2 lanterns, 2 knives, 1 handgun 1 first aid kit
Results
Mission: Mostly successful, some areas unsearchable due to presence of zombies which resulted in avoiding the areas per mission outline.
Losses: None
Gains: 1 emergency flashlight (hand-cranked model), 1 unit of water, 2 units of food
Evaluation: Easy mission. Low gains due to stealth requirements and location, items all scavenged from abandoned cars left unlocked.
XP: 20
Bonus XP: 'J' gains 5 XP for organizing the missions very well

D1-M2
Team: Veronica Duvall, Kevin Conners, Melissa Kelly, Harry Burns
Items: 1 set of firefighting gear, 1 fireman’s axe, 1 first aid kit, 2 backpacks, 2 hunting rifles, 1 shotgun, 1 handgun, 3 lanterns
Results
Mission: Successful
Losses: 29 rifle rounds, 7 shotgun shells, 4 handgun rounds
Kills: 36 zombies
Gains: 2 handguns with 21 rounds, 1 shotgun with 14 rounds, 1 collapsible baton, 3 units of food, 4 units of water, 1 GPS (dead battery), 1 set of walkie-talkies (charged to unknown amount)
Evaluation: Easy but disturbing mission. Veronica and Harry slightly shook up over the violence. Good gains but had to leave behind many findings due to carrying capacity, should return for the rest. Need to do something about the zombie corpses.
XP: 20

D1-M3
Team: Erica Manns, Mike Byrens, Logan Smith
Items: 2 tool boxes, 1 first aid kit, 1 handgun, 1 lantern
Results
Mission: Mostly successful, water supply still inactive
Losses: 2 handgun rounds
Kills: 1 zombie
Injuries: Logan Smith cut his hand on broken glass, wound treated
Gains: None
Evaluation: Easy mission. All building access secured, though due to having to cannibalize building material from the surrounding rooms the results are rough and wouldn't hold out against anything bigger than a small group of zombies. No time left in the day for the water supply issue.
XP:20
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

our scouting mission retrieved some stuff, not much though, goddamned zom's are everywhere.

Saw the zombies or what was left of them as we came back up...damn there were a lot of them right under us..thanks guys. You did well. You guys look like you need the rest, we'll handle the erm..remnants.

We should clear out the corpses and dispose of them somehow. They're bound to rot and attract disease and smell something awful. Or attract zombies. Not sure what we should do though.

man oh man is moving them gonna be ass though...

I volunteer to join to make sure they're dead and help with carrying them. Severing the spinal cord at the cervical cu.. neck region should do it. I can make a precise cut if i get a knife...or ya know, kevin has his axe...thats a sure thing too.

also erm..that rain isnt going to help with the corpses, i hope the moisture doesnt get into the building.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I propose a long-term goal of being able to burn the bodies. This would require a supply of gasoline or other such substance. Until then, the best we can do is find a place to stash them. I would vote for roof since roof access can be barricaded, later on controlled roof fires may also work as a beacon to other survivors.

Lets also spend some time collecting the supplies we weren't able to carry. The supply reports also suggest we should restrict firearm usage to shotgun and handgun. Save the rifle for open air missions where someone can get a vantage.

I have a good feeling, like I may be able to start heading up search and rescue operations after another day of supplies and construction.

Miss Vavavavoom

As a doctor, blood comes with the job but when dealing with zombies it's a different ball game. They don't really seem to bleed. Instead, they rather ooze some foul, smelling liquid. The scent would make someone gag if they didn't have proper training like I do. Still, it was a rather unpleasant experience. I almost feel sorry for the poor souls.

Despite the shock and terror, I have to admire Mr. Conner's bravery. I wonder if he minds if I call him Kevin? Is there a Mrs. in his life? I'll have to ask him after we deal with the corpses.

I think the corpses could be a valuable assist to this team. Let me study one of them and see what we can come up. If we're lucky, there is a chance we could find a cure or some way to protect ourselves. Again, I'm low on supplies so it will take a while and the body might need constant surveillance just in case.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

crestfallen from not being of much use in the mission and the relatively low returns, Sean's mental cogs grind excitedly at the prospects of performing an autopsy on the zombies

a full body's a lot of work alone, i can help when iam not needed elsewhere. Plus we can share and discuss insights. Its a good idea to study the zombies, we can be more effective fighting them if we know more about them. We wont need to keep watch if we make sure its dead by severing the spinal cord at the base of the neck, like i mentioned before.
Last edited by Tenjen on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Miss Vavavavoom

Exactly my thoughts Mr. Himmlisch. Like the saying goes, know your enemy. With the insight we could gain, we might be able to stop the infection and save others. Again, it'll take some time until I get more chemicals and an assistant would be great. We'd also need an area in which we could save the organs and findings as well. They could help us in the long run.

At the same time, I want to make sure everyone is careful around said items. It's important that we don't infect anything so gloves and masks will be worn if handling said items.

I wonder if Mr. Himmlisch is single?
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

Just line up the bodies you don't need, and I'll make sure none'll be comin back. Just make sure you both get some sack time, we don't need our doctors up all night pouring over corpses when there's live folk to be treated.