Zombie Survival Sim: Discussion

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Re: Zombie Survival Sim: Discussion

Post by Lighthawk »

'J', very nice work organizing the missions.

I'll see about getting the results generated before I go to class, but no promises. I'll draw up a basic map of the area tonight.

And I'm going to say somewhere in the midwest.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

+5 XP to Miss V for Roleplaying
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

Hooray! I get 5 points! Woot!
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Map posted under the Status report. It is not the full 11 x 11 grid that was searched obviously. It actually takes a goodly amount of time to create, mostly trying to think up what each building should be, and so I'll be working on it bit by bit as it is somewhat tedious and I'd rather not go nuts. There should plenty of places for you guys to go poking around though.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

map looks good thus far. i'm thinking that the police station makes the most sense as a stronghold, but that also makes it one of the most potentially hazardous areas to clear. more people before outbreak = more zombies after outbreak.

it looks like the expedition for day 2 should focus on the gun store, electronics store, and the grocery store. and if the streets are clear enough to drive on possibly the rent-a-car place and gas station.

question: how much do the characters know about the city; would they be able to say what direction the nearest hospital or fire station is for example, or do we need to go out and search for them?
Yet still, I live...

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

I'm going to say you're all new to this city, just to keep the fog of war across things.

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

I think that if we can find one, a high school would be an ideal stronghold. They usually have those chain link fence/bars across the windows and steel doors, a pre-installed evacuation alarm, lockers full of potentially usefull stuff, woodshops, etc., and would be evacuated during a plague.
I know things. It's the only thing I know how to do.

You should fear me. Why do you not fear me?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

possible, but i believe that most places use schools as official emergency shelters, which might cause the same problems as the police station.

further questions:
does the map represent only the areas we explored, or are places we avoided due to zombies on there too?
what could we see about the police station from the street, are the windows and doors blocked, is there visible damage, movement inside?
how much of the surrounding area can we see from our building?
of the buildings we've charted, which is the tallest?
Yet still, I live...

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

Quick question: are there any hospitals around where we are? I was thinking of later doing a recon mission.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

'J' wrote:does the map represent only the areas we explored, or are places we avoided due to zombies on there too?
Only what you have explored. When I get to the areas you were blocked from exploring, I'll mark them as such.
what could we see about the police station from the street, are the windows and doors blocked, is there visible damage, movement inside?
You'd have to check it out. Remember that this map was made by three guys slinking through the streets trying hard not to be seen. The actual map your characters have is far rougher and cruder in appearance. You can try questioning the scouts, but what you get will hardly be reliable as you'd be banking on them recalling details of one out of dozens of buildings they saw that day.
how much of the surrounding area can we see from our building?
A few blocks, maybe half a mile depending on direction. You are in one of the shorter buildings so much of your view is blocked. When I update the map I'll add a floor count to the buildings so you know the relative heights.
of the buildings we've charted, which is the tallest?
The office building to the right of HQ, the one that takes up a whole block by itself.
Miss Vavavavoom wrote:Quick question: are there any hospitals around where we are? I was thinking of later doing a recon mission.
Not that you have discovered, though being a large city there is likely one around somewhere

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Map updated

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Map updated...again.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

ah lighthawk, can you use the upload function in the forum for the map? photobucket is blocked by the company net [my only source of net while the one at home is down]
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i have a question about the parking lot.

Is it a flat ground level parking area or a multi-storey building?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Upload function used, how's that?

As for parking, if it is labeled just "parking" then it's just an flat open parking lot. "Parking Garage" denotes a multi-level building designed for parking.