A Changed World. Intro and Charecters

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Adamas

A Changed World. Intro and Charecters

Post by Adamas »

Me and a couple friends had a FRP a few years ago. But it didn't get very far because we couldn't get many people involved. So I'm gonna try it here.

We all heard how the world was supposed to end on December 21 2012, Everything from an asteroid impact to the Rapture was predicted...Well almost everything. The unprecedented solar storm struck the Earth at 7:32:25 GMT, and changed everything. Within minutes there were widespread reports of "Incidents". Some people's bodies twisted into strange and sometimes bestial forms, while others began to explode with energy. The "Incident", as it came to be called, only lasted a few minutes. But as a species, we were forever changed. Approximately 1% of the global population were altered by the Incident, and millions died in the ensuring panic and riots. Even now, 5 years later, we are trying to come to terms with what happened. Those of us affected are now called the Changed. And we all seek to find a place in this new world.

This takes place in a college town in the Pacific NW of the United States. One of the few schools that welcome Changed students is here, helping them to come to terms with their new lives as well as to show the rest of the world that they can live together peacefully. While there are a good number of Changed students, they are by no means the only ones.

Basicly you can be just about whatever you wanna be here. Just remember that if you decide to have a Changed character, that you're one of the FIRST. If you wanna play a Bender-type elementalist, that's fine, but there's no "Avatar"-types. (Which goes into the no god-playing rule most FRPs have). If you play a "mage" you won't have a huge library of spells you can learn (if your lucky your teacher might know a few, expect mishaps :p ). If your character's body was changed, think about how it's affected their life. (if they need a special diet, or accommodations etc..) If you play a "Normal", think about how you might react to having say a 400lb wolf-man as your classmate, or having the cook at your local diner having scales and fangs.

This isn't so much a "Superhero" RP as a Day in the Life thing. That's not to say there won't be "Issues". But it won't be like X-Men where you're be saving the world every other week.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Adamas

Re: A Changed World. Intro and Charecters

Post by Adamas »

Charecter Bio:

My Name's John McGregor. Before my change I was the owner and lead designer for a 5-man machine shop that made custom prosthetic limbs. Now, 5 years later, I'm the CEO of the world leader in "Changed Adaption Technology", designing, and adapting things so that those affected by the Incident can live a little easier. Not that I do much of the day-to-day anymore. Apparently the type of people who tend to become a Board of Directors also tend to shite themselves when a 275+kilo man-panther squeezes out of an elevator and sits at the table. So I let my lawyers run the day to day, and I own this nice little bookstore off campus, do the Secret Philanthropist bit, help the kiddies a bit, and deal with the political shites so we don't end up like Dublin while I was growing up.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image