Survival: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

mac2

Re: Survival: Game Thread

Post by mac2 »

My finger hovers over the green button. "Any advice before I press this?" I ask the unit hopefully.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

"Depends, were you planning on having children?" There was a pause. "Nah, I'm just messing with you...I have no idea what that button does."
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

"Lot of help you are." I think as I press the green button.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*where are you aiming?*
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

To the right, same as last time.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

The beam of azure energy lances out again, though without draining the aura from around you. It seems to splash harmlessly against the wall of the shaft, spreading out over the surface into a patch several feet across that flowed over the metal as you continued to fall, remaining centered on the point of impact.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Seeing the energy attach to the wall gives me an idea. I carefully aim the armband at the center of the fan and press the green button.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Aiming roll: Base % = 70, +10 for big target, +10 for careful aiming, 90% odds of success. Roll = 02, success...big time success.*

The beam strikes the fan and engulfs it. The already slowly sweeping blades grind to a near halt, barely inching along.

You drift down out of the shaft at this point, and the room around you opens into a circular space with regularly placed openings, each a good dozen feet wide with its own spinning fan.

A shrill wailing sound suddenly starts up.

"The hell is that noise?" the unit squawks. "Oh wait, that's me! Kinetic battery charge at 90% and rising! Emergency energy dump to commence in 5...4...3..."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I keep my left arm aimed at the fan below my feet and brace for whatever is about to happen. At the same time, I try to see what the pit beyond the fan looks like.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

The only illumination beyond the fan is what light bounces down the pit from the room, rendering you unable to see more than a few feet of cool metal shaft before being swallowed in darkness.

"...2...1!" The blast the emits from the arm band isn't just a beam this time, but a spreading cone of blazing, blinding, blue light that forces your eyes shut and yet still stings through your lids. There is a deafening roar and a shattering impact sound, and the world suddenly starts spinning on you.

*Dex check, base % 70, -10 for disorientation, 60% odds. Roll = 80, fail*

Before you can react, you slam hard into something solid and unyielding.

*Con check, base % 50, no modifiers. Roll = 41, success*

Pain flares across your back, but the world stops moving around you and the noise and light fade away. Opening your watering eyes, you find yourself sprawled out on the floor just shy of the wall.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Staying on the ground for now, I gingerly move my arms and legs to make sure everyting is attached and working properly.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Your limbs all respond normally and with a minimal amount of pain. Your back feels bruised and is uncomfortable to lay on, but it is not unbearable.

"Uhhhhg..." the unit moans. "Ow...no more emergency dumps for me please..."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

"I think I could go without doing that again, myself." I sit up with a groan and look around to see what the beam did to the room.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

The central fan and its entire housing are simply gone. The pit into which it was mounted is now at the bottom of a small crater. Cracks run throughout the concrete floor. A fine dust drifts through the air, stirred by the remaining two working fans, the rest are in various states of ruin.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I slowly climb to my feet and move to peer behind the nearest non-functional wall fan.