Survival: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Re: Survival: Game Thread

Post by Lighthawk »

@Rad: What Mac said, characters are tied to the individual that made them, only they get to order them around (well, and the GM :) ). Please feel free to make your own though.

@Mac: You can see through a small crack, enough to make out something mechanical chugging away in the next room, the motion in time with the sounds. You can't see enough of it to guess what it is though. Holding out your hand, you feel a chill gust of air with each hiss.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Oops, my bad. Didn't see the discussion thread.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I try to open the door by pushing on the bar.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Something inside the door makes a loud snapping noise. The bar breaks off in your hand. The door remains shut.
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I look down at the armband. I ask, "Hey, Kinetic Energy...um...Thing. How much charge does the battery have?"

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

"Kinetic energy SINK" comes a huffy reply. "Call me Kes if that's too hard for you. And we're sitting at 0.2% charge"

mac2

Post by mac2 »

"That's all? I thought it would be higher. Oh, well. It'll have to do." I say with a shrug. I move across the hall, as far from the door as I can. I aim the armband at where I think the lock should be and press the blue button.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

A flickering beam a little thicker than a pencil shoots out and impacts the door with a soft pinging sound, fading out after a second. The door remains unchanged.

"That's because the emergency energy dump drained virtually everything," Kes sighs. "You'll have to recharge it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I return to the main room and stand a safe distance from one of the working fans. I aim at the fan and press the green button.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

The fan blade slows to a crawl as the beam engulfs it.

"Ooo, tingly," Kes says.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

"That's just what I was expecting." I say smugly. "What's the battery charge now?"

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

"Just passing 1%," Kes replies. "Rough calculations put this method at a percent per 5 seconds."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I go back to the door in the tunnel, counting slowly. At 25 seconds, I aim at the door. Before i fire I think I might need to be careful what I hit, so I quickly kneel down and aim at as sharp an upward angle as I can and still hit the door. As my mental count hits 30 seconds, I press the blue button.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Bit of clarification: You kept the slow beam on the fan while heading back to the door? Or did you shoot the fan and then point the device elsewhere?*

mac2

Post by mac2 »

* #-o I guess I shot the fan and then pointed the device elsewhere. I was working on the assumtion that the beam didn't need to be pointed at the moving object continuously. In hindsight, your way makes more sense.*