Survival: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Re: Survival: Game Thread

Post by Lighthawk »

A short tunnel stretches out before you that turns 90 degrees upward, with a door set into the wall mid-way between the fan mount and the angle change.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I decide to explore the room at the bottom of the shaft some more. I cautiously approach the crater in the middle of the floor and try to look down into the pit.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Do you go into the crater, or stop at the edge?*
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I stop at the edge of the crater, not wanting to go through another freefall just yet.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Looking down into the crater, you can only see a few feet into the pit due to the angles involved.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I slide down into the crater and crawl to the pit, finally laying flat on my stomach to look over the edge.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Dex check (been making a lot of those) to safely slide down into the crater. Base 70%, +10 for the gentle slope, 80%. Roll=73, success.*

Darkness swallows up the details after a dozen feet or so. The pit walls are made of metal and rough with corrosion. You can't tell how deep it is or what might be at the bottom.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I point my left arm down into the pit and aim as close to the center as I can. I press the green button on the armband, hoping the light from the beam will show me more.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Wisdom roll made to judge distances, roll hidden to prevent out of character knowledge from effecting character actions*

In the bluish glow of the beam, you can see that the pit descends some hundred or so feet before opening up into what might be another room. Something at the bottom glints and waivers in a liquid fashion.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I climb back out of the crater and decide to check one more wall tunnel. I pick one at random and look behind the broken fan.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

The tunnel behind the fan continues on for a dozen feet or so before taking a sharp turn downward.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I go back to the first tunnel I checked and approach the door. I examine the outside of the door and listen for any sound on the other side.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Wisdom roll hidden...you know the drill by now right?*

The door is made of what looks to be folded sheet metal, which is rusting badly in the lower right corner and peeling away from the frame. It has a push bar that is half hanging from one side.

Every few seconds there is a vibrating hissing sound from the other side of the door, followed by a bang. It has a mechanical regularity to it.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I examine the lower right corner of the door, and try to see if I can view through where the metal has peeled away. I also put my hand near the door first to feel for warmth.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

mac2

Post by mac2 »

((Hey, Rad. You're hijacking my character. If you want to play, you can create you own in the discussion thread.))

I do...all the stuff he just said.