Survival: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Re: Survival: Game Thread

Post by Lighthawk »

*I'm going to go ahead and assume your character will pick up on what needs doing and write things such as he went and held the beam on the fan for 30 seconds, just so both of us don't have to write out him going back and forth yet again, since that'd be a bit monotonous*

The door shudders and there is a loud metallic snap as it flies open hard enough to rebound off the wall and slam shut again, bouncing a bit off the frame so that it hangs open a crack.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

*thank you*

I stand against the wall on the hinge side if the door and push the door open with one hand. Once the door is fully open, I lean out just far enough to see past the frame.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Beyond the door is another shaft, somewhat akin to the one you awoke in, though with a set of metal stairs winding up and down the walls in a giant corkscrew. The middle of the shaft is dominated by a massive cylindrical mash-up of mechanical apparatuses.

Half a turn up the staircase, a section of the wall has been blown out, leaving a huge hole (and a dangling section of the stairs). A device on the central machine lets out a hiss of building pressure, and then a loud bang sounds as a brilliant blue beam of energy, thick as a man is tall, blasts through the hole.
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I approach the railing and look up and down to see how far the shaft extends.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Both directions extend off into the distance beyond which your eyes can make out details.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I move along the stairs, trying to find an angle that lets me see out of the hole in the wall between beams.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Moving down the spiral lets you see up into a large room through the hole, with banks and banks of light crawling across the ceiling, which is the only surface of the room you can see.

*if you want to get the downward angle, you're going to have to deal with the gap in the stairs.*

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I move around the stairs and get as close as I can to the gap and the hole without being in the path of the beam. I gauge the distance between the end of the stairs and the hole.