Survival: Discussion Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Survival: Discussion Thread

Post by Lighthawk »

Greetings everyone, and welcome to the Survival Forum RPG orientation meeting. Please help yourselves to the complementary donuts and coffee in the back, and if you need them, restrooms can be found out the doors and to the left.

Now many of you are no doubt wondering, "Why am I here? What is this about? And why does it feel like someone hit me over the head?" So allow me to answer some of all those questions.

You are here to take part in an exciting and fun forum based RPG, for science! Once you've completed the simple and fun mandatory character creation step, your carefully thought out avatar will be put through a series of amusingly gruesome events in a desperate bid for incoming title drop Survival!

Now I know what you're thinking literally if you've had the coffee or donuts, "How does this obviously enjoyable game work?" Well just sit back and I'll explain everything*

The game begins for you when you fill out the following character creation form, most of it is pretty self explanatory, and everything on it is mandatory.
Name
A physical description
Phobia(s)
Allergies
Personality
Please allocate the following skill points into the following stats as it pleases you: 75, 70, 65, 60, 50, 40
Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma
Once your character has been created, s/he will be relocated to our top of the line testing facility***, where they will be RPed to the, literal, breaking point.

"How is this game run?" I observe 56% of you thinking; by the way, did I mention the free coffee and donuts? Anyway, the game play itself is very easy, as it is modeled after a Text Parser****, though with far fewer cases of can't get ye flask. For the most part, you describe what actions you wish to take, and the ever fair and benevolent GM***** will describe your environment, successes, and failures******.

"What's the story?" my little widget here is informing me 67% of you are thinking. Why, a most definitely not ripped off Portal/Paranoia plot line involving your character's merciless treatment for the furthering of science by being ran like a rat in a maze through a high tech facility guided by a cold and sterile AI that cares more about data than said character's health and well being.

So, who's interested? I should also point out that at this point, the exits are all sealed and if we don't reach quota, the room will be pumped full of a deadly neurotoxin. And no, I can't tell you what the quota is, that might bias the end results.

No pushing please, there are forms enough for everyone.

*Legal disclaimer: Lighthawk is not actually required by any law to explain everything, or even anything.
**A description of the stats' effect on gameplay may be acquired by submitting a Stat Effect Questionnaire Form to the GM.
***The to be created Game Thread
****See here
*****That's me
******Most especially these, in loving detail
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Re: Survival: Discussion Thread

Post by mac2 »

*raises hand*

Where can I get a Stat Effect Questionnaire Form? I need to know the difference between Wisdom and Intelligence.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Intelligence measures how much you know
Wisdom measures how well you can reason and figure things out
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Name: Jason Black
A physical description: Tall and thin, but still muscular. Black hair, brown eyes. Wears glasses, but can get by without them. Used to practice martial arts, but had to stop due to joint problems, especially knee pain.
Phobia(s): Scorpions
Allergies: Rabbits
Personality: Usually laid back and willing to go with the flow, but will stand up and voice an opinion if he feels strongly enough. Always willing to volunteer if something needs to be done. Has a hard time tolerating arrogance or stupidity in others, and can hold a grudge for a long time.
Please allocate the following skill points into the following stats as it pleases you
Strength 60
Dexterity 70
Constitution 50
Intelligence 65
Wisdom 75
Charisma 40

Come on, people. Get in on this. I'd really rather not learn what that neurotoxin smells like.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I have to get up early tomorrow, so I'm going to sign off now. I won't be posting in the game thread any more tonight.

I am enjoying the game so far. Thanks for starting this up.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Hey, thanks for joining up. And good job on not getting yourself splattered...yet.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Careful there, Mr. GM. I knew that last exchange was going to go the way it did. You wouldn't want to get too predictable. :p

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

By all means, assume a predictable NPC equals a predictable GM. Make my day. :p

Daris

Post by Daris »

Well, I guess I will join, if I still can. I don't want the only other player to be Neurotoxin'd.
Also, how would I start if I do join?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Fill out the character sheet in the OP.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Is the game going to continue, or is one player not enough to keep it running?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Is the shop still open?
The iceman cometh

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Bit difficult up get all together again.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

That's why I asked.
The iceman cometh