Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Mysterious History of the Vampire

Post by Paul »

Holly, who is a great person, has posted the latest installment:

http://schoolbites.net/d/20100303.html

I can't believe I'm the thread starter this late!

As for the comic, I've been waiting for this moment a long time, since the first cast listing! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Jexihal

Re: Mysterious History of the Vampire

Post by Jexihal »

Wow, look how much they all love history. :p

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Nothing like the whole "Fallen angel" look to make sure that there's not a dry seat in the house. :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Wow... Anie smiled and Fujiko is looking at somebody other than Cherri... he is powerful... :))
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

The Force. Strong with this one is. Mmmm. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Ominous

Post by Ominous »

I must learn his secrets. Then I can become as desirable as him.

Taelin

Post by Taelin »

If I had to guess... and this is just a guess here...

I'd say he's REALLY pretty :p

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I think the proper adjective used by the girls in question is 'dreeeeammmmyyyyy.....'.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

sc4r
BANNED

Post by sc4r »

Personally, I think Pro-Sera is an awful character, and its even worse that a non-vampire is teaching vampire history, but to really complete the gary-stu image, is that the class utterly, senselessly, and pointlessly adores him for nothing more than his "superficial" looks. I mean honestly, how superficial can a collective be, BUT WAIT! IT GETS BETTER! There is no sense of individuality whenever Pro-Sera is around..

Oh yes, that really makes sense, lets make a comic about vampires, and make all these vampires doing vampire things in a vampire school, but completely ignore one of the most important aspects of being a vampire, sires responsibility, and vampire history!Naw, we'll just throw them right out the window, and let some professor who isn't even a vampire, teach other younger vampires about their roots, we wont cameo some guy like, Count Dracula or something, or some image or recreation of maybe the Classic Nosferatu, both of which would be ideal concepts for a vampire who wouldn't just be qualified for teaching vampiric history, but have lived some of it, yeah?

But this Pro-Sera, how about giving him a weakness, or fatal flaw, or something that wont make me get up at 3:00 AM in the morning just to post how awful I think he is. Thank you Holly, now I wont be able to sleep tonight without seeing some androgen would-be angel-knockoff, wanting to slip into my bed.

Might as well make morning coffee, then get ready to go to work.. At least I'll be at the office early today

-Critical as always, for your own good-
~Love Scar

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Bro, he's shown up in only two panels and has had two sentences of dialogue this whole comic. Let's wait until we actually get to know him before making judgments. ;)
Start running.

Please?

Democha

Post by Democha »

TakerFoxx wrote:Bro, he's shown up in only two panels and has had two sentences of dialogue this whole comic. Let's wait until we actually get to know him before making judgments. ;)
Woah, no kidding. When I posted my brief criticism of Fujiko, it was only a bit and she has been around a while. =/
That kind of rant is just unnecessary.

I want to see where things go with him. =] It reminds me a little of Lockhart from Harry Potter when all the girls were drooling over him, ha ha. I laughed when it even affected Fujiko. Seraphis seems humble enough about it.
He has appeared before, and in a very spiffy coat. =3

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Wow, even ANNIE is roused... :-o

And sc4r... Who even says this guy is not a vampire?? :-\ After all, Cherri got wings after turning too... And perhaps the wings slowly grow over time... This guy could be freaking ancient. He could have MADE history. Maybe he is the reason why mankind thinks angels look like they do, they were modeled off of him...
Last edited by Don Alexander on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Seriously people.. its a comic! Stop taking it so seriously and jumping to conclusions before you know anything as fact.

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Everyone should remember that Holly has stated repeatedly that her creative universe is different from normal convention. So you can't apply what other writers have done to her stories.

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

[quote="sc4r"]Personally, I think Pro-Sera is an awful character, and its even worse that a non-vampire is teaching vampire history, b"
Might as well make morning coffee, then get ready to go to work.. At least I'll be at the office early today

LOL okay once again, Mr Know-it-All...
READ VAMPFIRE X(

Then you'd know why he's teaching.... ( Don is the Closed...take a bow Muffin :D )

and thank You Paul! :ymhug: for the rescue!

sorry I didn't update..I was struggling with code on our jimbalent.com site updating
our new issues of Tarot...and the darn spasm in my shoulder took me out...took an advil
that should take the edge off ;;)

'kay I'm a real ligt weight- the advil is kickin in...I love you all -man...giggle
look at the pretty colours...oh that's the moniter! ;)