HollyG
Pixie Witch

Re: POOF!

Post by HollyG »

Thanx Teach!

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Now we can be reasonably sure that Christopher is British.

That, or he watches a lot of Doctor Who.
Start running.

Please?

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

It wouldn't surprise me if being a Doctor Who fan is part of his character...Holly's a big fan herself.

Cherri is indeed lovely in this strip! :x

Excellent work, Holly! I see why this part of the story is your favorite...loving this!

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Considering some of the speech he's used, I'd say he's a brit. That and not too many ppl I know besides myself and my group could use "bugger" properly in a sentence her in the deep south. New York may be another story though. :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

sc4r
BANNED

Post by sc4r »

About time we see a love interest for Cher, other than that damn colorblind mangy cat. But this raises a few interesting questions.. Does gender matter in a vampire's existence, considering they are not.. human.. Anymore, and reproduce by bite, would something like gender even make an issue of relevance to the long-term relationship for a vampire, or as they are creatures of unlife? Gender/Sexual attraction, apparently it is still an issue, at least for Cher, as the mangy one seems not to care that Cher is (or was) a female. Will we ever hear of conception of vampires similar to the like of mammals, or will they be true to supernatural lore, by the bite of the fangs and blood that binds of thy creator? I would think, a young vampire (fledglingesque) may not be so far separated from their mortal attractions (vices to nature in general), but how those would impact a person on a physical level to the means of what is considered "desirable" to someone like a 200+ year old dark immortal, who has been a vampire, longer than they have ever been (or live as) human. Methinks if Cher wants an eternal companion, she should put those fangs of hers to work, desire can drive a person to do things.. Especially people with dark power, every heart has a dark side, for someone with years, lifetimes behind them, or even coming into the world where they understand they are above mortality, then perhaps that desire would become ambition, that much more. Hmm..

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Seeing how most of the other bodily functions are retained after siring (albeit with some, um, adjustments), it would not surprise me if vampires retain the the same sexual preferences that they had in life. However, these may very well fade in time, as you suggested, and the really old ones aren't necessarily picky about who they spend "Happy Time" with, at least in regards to gender.
Start running.

Please?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm going to have to give Holly some lessons in English etiquette and the correct useage of the English language... Everyone knows he should have told Derek to sod off... *slurps tea with pinky claw extended*

:p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

sc4r wrote:About time we see a love interest for Cher, other than that damn colorblind mangy cat.
*queue Teach exploding in my face after reading this*
sc4r wrote:as the mangy one seems not to care that Cher is (or was) a female.
Ever even considered she might be... lesbian? Or at least bi? :-?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

sc4r wrote:About time we see a love interest for Cher, other than that damn colorblind mangy cat. But this raises a few interesting questions.. Does gender matter in a vampire's existence, considering they are not.. human.. Anymore, and reproduce by bite, would something like gender even make an issue of relevance to the long-term relationship for a vampire, or as they are creatures of unlife? Gender/Sexual attraction, apparently it is still an issue, at least for Cher, as the mangy one seems not to care that Cher is (or was) a female. Will we ever hear of conception of vampires similar to the like of mammals, or will they be true to supernatural lore, by the bite of the fangs and blood that binds of thy creator? I would think, a young vampire (fledglingesque) may not be so far separated from their mortal attractions (vices to nature in general), but how those would impact a person on a physical level to the means of what is considered "desirable" to someone like a 200+ year old dark immortal, who has been a vampire, longer than they have ever been (or live as) human. Methinks if Cher wants an eternal companion, she should put those fangs of hers to work, desire can drive a person to do things.. Especially people with dark power, every heart has a dark side, for someone with years, lifetimes behind them, or even coming into the world where they understand they are above mortality, then perhaps that desire would become ambition, that much more. Hmm..
LOL...did I write read VampFire- to learn all my vamp rules...thought I did :D

Oh and I watch a lot of Dr Who...I hadn't been so attached to a Dr since Tom Baker...I will miss Dave Tenant :sigh: :((

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

Bear wrote:I'm going to have to give Holly some lessons in English etiquette and the correct useage of the English language... Everyone knows he should have told Derek to sod off... *slurps tea with pinky claw extended*

:p
LOL!!!
Well back in the 80s my best mates would say Bugger off
mmmm and as I remember- a lot of my teachers did too...I learned many silly british words during highschool ;;)
I love them all...bit nackered!- peckish?..keep your pecker up! :D

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

We still do say bugger alot... though its more like 'Oh bugger' or saying you have 'buggerall' to do with something then telling someone to bugger off. lol.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

*Pours tea for everyone and sets a plate of biscuits next to the pot* Is cold outside, nothing like a hot cup to take the chill off. Even if one is a hairy as Lord Bear. :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

cheveallier

Post by cheveallier »

I love that picture of Cherri!