Cleo Knows What's Up!

Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: Cleo Knows What's Up!

Post by Ravenhull »

hokova wrote:Oh crap i´d want to have a body like Cherri...
How about just Cherri? ;) :ymsmug:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

mac2...all her clothed disappeared- even her jewelry- mortal realm dodads can't travel
to Shadow realm unless specially treated :D

Yes it is Shadow Shampoooo..

I've always like Playtpusses...plural?

Oh and there are holes in the Tee for her wings- was notes in past chapter ;;)

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

HollyG wrote:I've always like Playtpusses...plural?
There actually is no universally accepted plural form of the word platypus. So really, pretty much any plural is ok.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I thought it was platypi? :-\

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Plenty of people use platypi, and that isn't wrong. But some use platypus as the singular and plural the way you do with moose and some use platypuses. I think there might be one or two other variations too. But there isn't one that everyone who makes those kinds of decisions (mostly the scientists who study them) agrees on, so currently they're all fine to use.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

But the plural of moose is meese!!! We all know that. I mean, the word is perfectly cromulent.

Also, the plural of platypus should be platypussies. :ymsmug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

I would agree Don, but platypus don't have pussies :( They have cloaca.

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

I love Animal Planet :(|)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And here I thought I was sometimes too literal-minded to be humorous. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Oh, oops ... I was on a trivia sharing kick there. Sorry....

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Not to mention that even if they were not monotremes, and did have pussies, only half of them would have them. :P

Would that make the other half platywillies? :-?
ImageImage

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Hrrmmmm :-? That is a good point. I think that yes, male platypi in that case would have to be platywillies. Or maybe platypeens, or platywangs... Oh this could go on and on.

I do think that we've come up with a new term for any anthropomorphic platypi though. I saw a drawing on DeviantArt a while back of a "sexy platypus" and I think platypussy would have totally been appropriate.

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

I like otters too :D

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Hehehe

Otters are great ^_^

Speaking of Otters, do you read A Girl and her Fed? *tries to reel the conversation back to something involving webcomics, even if it's not the webcomic this forum is for*

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Otters: the Ravens of the sea, so cute, so lovable..so filled with Mischief! :-bd
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image