Q & A with HollyG

Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Re: Q & A with HollyG

Post by HollyG »

He's a ball of fluffy energy and a total character!
we got his name from the animated movie Secret of the Kells
:ymhug:

missyd

Post by missyd »

I started reading your comic about a year ago, and I loved it! I guess I still do, though one thing bothers me...
Which is Cherri's look nowadays. Why did you change it? Is it part of your improvement as an artist? I dislike the sudden "maturement" and sex appeal boost, she looks like those everyday superheroines with unusually big boobs.
This might not bother most of the (male) readers, but it bugs me. I'm sorry I have to say I'm going to reconsider continuing to read your comic.
All the best nonetheless!

Regards,
Missy D

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

LOL- I draw a style that suits the mood-
I've always planned for there to be Romantic scenes (which I like drawing a longer- more realistic style for)...if you ever purchased my mangas
you'll see that I have comedy-romance-manga as my description.

The new scene I added of Cherri's attack was drawn the way I am now...as the scene
of Cherri wanting to kiss Christopher in Blood drinking- granted it was a close up...

Actually I'm kinda insulted that you would say that about Cherri's Body...she is me
I have 36DD breasts and I'm not ashamed...when I was in art school ( what I base Cherri's bod on- cause that's when I was 18...
I base her hair on mine now- cause it's just more fun to draw) I was 110lbs-5'6" and had 34DDs!

I actually found solace in my comicbooks of Red Sonja & Vampirella because of developing at age 15 !
The body that I was carrying around was being pinched-made fun of- wooted at and my talent as an artist or my Honor list statis
was overlooked because of my big boobs.

I'm sure you have you're own issues- and I hope you find peace with them...The way I did was to embrace what I was born with
and include it into my art. Screw society's boxes- I won't be put in one!

My Husband wrote a really great issue of Tarot ( Issue #18) that was inspired by my struggles of growing up
with big boobs.

In my manga, I deal with all girl issues & angles...Cleo expresses a lot of my insecurities- Cherri is now dealing with the manipulative jerk guys I'd dated...
Sugar captures my annoying optimism & bliss I found with my partner...everything you see has a lil truth of who I am...
so you dumbing it down to "like those everyday superheroines with unusually big boobs." is more or less your prob with that body type...

Does that mean you wouldn't be my friend cause I have a certain body type....are you judging me like the kids in high school did?
Did that happen to you?...I hope not- cause it sucks...or should I say...Bites.

Sorry you're not seeing the story and only the boobs...goodness knows I've had many conversations with people- or should I say
- my boobs have :D

The Goddess come in all sizes & shapes and she is beautiful! :ymhug:

My Boobs and I wish you to Live long and Prosper!
Holly G!

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

Many shaped women on my facebook page have thoughts on your post...
please to listen to the song by Howard Jones "Specialty" & "New Song" :x

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Holly, you're kind of awesome, just in case no one has told you that recently. Would that more women be so accepting of themselves and their bodies.
Screw society's boxes- I won't be put in one!
:-bd That is all.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

thanx sweetie
eventhough- I deal with the -I feel like a lump or my stuff isn't good enough
it's human right...would know the happy if we didn't know the blah :ymhug:

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

this got posted in the general area, i thought i'd share it with you here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1vpB6h3 ... r_embedded

Kitten slow motion :3

*prowls off*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

laughingvulcan

Post by laughingvulcan »

Lighthawk wrote:Holly, you're kind of awesome, just in case no one has told you that recently. Would that more women be so accepting of themselves and their bodies.
Screw society's boxes- I won't be put in one!
:-bd That is all.
The fact you can KEEP your confidence when our society seems hellbent on reducing a lot of women down to 'Boobs 'N butts'...and programming girls from teen years to HAVE to wear makeup, and keep your bodies superthin (and Photoshopping them if they're NOT thin enough) is a wonderful thing, Holly...and Bless you for it. \:d/ \:d/ ^:)^ ^:)^ :x

Yes, I AM a guy...and I DO understand the desire to be attractive...but the 'at ALL costs' concept turns me off.
Go too far and you have Jocelyn Wildenstein ('The Cat - Woman'), Joan Rivers (Who currently has creepy curlicues coming out of the corners of her mouth, like Heath Ledger's 'Joker'...), and those walking stick figures, known as 'fashion models'.
(The ones that look like a mild breeze would blow them away...)

You have developed these characters MORE than adequately, Holly. Most of us here, (if it were possible) would have few problems now sitting down and talking with Annie, Cherri, Imp, Profs. Moonfire & Ember...(And, for the musically inclined, jamming with Cleo) even though they ARE vampires. They are people we'd like to know.

DC Comics has a similar problem when they update Superman or Wonder Woman's costumes...or change their lives in some big way...the naysayers come out in force against it. :(( :(( :(( :(( :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

That DOESN'T matter. As long as the core...the 'soul' of the character remains intact, it doesn't matter WHAT they wear or how they're drawn, IMHO. Mr. Balent COULD draw this series and we would STILL recognise Cleo and her kindness, Annie and her depression, Sugar with her energy, Fujiko and her...ummm...feline possessiveness, and Cherri and her all-around friendliness...
(Not that anyone would complain THERE!! :)) :)) )

Besides, Holly HAD to go to the more realistic body style...ESPECIALLY for the romance segment between Chris & Cherri. Chibi character bodyforms were almost exclusively DESIGNED for comedy purposes, NOT for drama. That's why, in manga, you will see a more realistic character switch to a chibi style for a one frame emotional outburst, and then back to the original body style.

Would we have been drawn into Cherri & Chris seducing each other if Holly had illustrated them in the chibi-style format?

I wouldn't have been.

Holly has been doing School Bites in the chibi style up to recently because the storyline has been relatively light & comical. She stated on earlier threads that she'd be switching to a more realistic style for the more serious storylines coming up.

Holly is the creator of these characters and an experienced artist, as well. She is also married to a legendary comic book artist. I would THINK they'd know when to use the different styles for best effect in their comics...

You have NO problems in that area, Holly. Just tell Cherri to keep on keepin' on... ;)

My best to you & Mr. Balent...and both of you stay well.
Greg

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

Thanks Greggie poo

well things are back to chibi at least for next week :D

Hugs :ymhug:

choppx

Post by choppx »

first time showing boobs very awesome :-bd thankx ;)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Time to read the archives, methinks. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It's not the first time. When she gets dazed going into the academy, her clothes are gone. There wasn't any censor then.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

choppx wrote:first time showing boobs very awesome :-bd thankx ;)
Not anymore! =((
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

laughingvulcan

Post by laughingvulcan »

Holly, I'm hoping to set up a Friday Pin-Up with Fujiko...and her mother. ;;)

Are you going to show or detail Fuji's mom in any detail in the future? We know she's a teacher at the Academy. We saw her with the rest of the teachers during the name giving/initiation ceremony, but not since.

I think it would be interesting to see some background on her people in Japan...and what they think of those crazy humans that are caught up on catgirls... :-?

And do ANY of them know Giz's Delacroix Family? :) :p

And what does Fuji's father do with his time? :-B

Be well, Holly.

Greg

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

*lynx kitteh chews on the website's server wires*

speaking of which. Is pangur ban a bitey kitteh?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?