Q & A with HollyG

Discuss SB here!

Moderators: HollyG, Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dima AIL

Meta ;)

Post by Dima AIL »

Hi ^^ Having read through the (currently short) archive, I have some questions now =)

1) Do you have the plot planned out (or at least outlined) beforehand? In other words, do you know how the story should end? I like your cute style, so it would be a pity if you eventually run out of ideas :3

2) I'm a little bit suspicious if the Shadow Academy can be really called a school... If they teach only vampire-related topics, I wonder how long the curriculum can be (so far only 2 subjects were mentioned that could take more than several months to learn -- vampire history and vamponomics) %) Perhaps the main difference between wizards (from Harry Potter) and vampires is that vampires require mostly practical skills, not some arcane knowledge taking 5 years to learn ^_^

3) How much detailed your "shadow realm" currently is? There's a whole bunch of questions one can ask (such as "How high is the population of vampires, what's their birth/death rate, and are there any social issues?", "Do vampires really need to interact with humans, taking into account their economical (and food-supply?) independency?", and even "Can the vampires in question be really considered dead from the biological point of view?" xD)... However, answering such questions is unnecessary (and even bad) for the light-hearted stories like yours. Nevertheless, I hope an internally coherent background would be revealed as the story goes on =)

By the way, do you maybe know tvtropes.org? I've stumbled upon a link to your webcomic there ;)

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Re: Meta ;)

Post by HollyG »

Dima AIL wrote:Hi ^^ Having read through the (currently short) archive, I have some questions now =)

1) Do you have the plot planned out (or at least outlined) beforehand?
Yes I do..I even have an ending if I want to put it in place-but I think my ending is the begining to something new like when
I ended VampFire and began School Bites

In other words, do you know how the story should end? I like your cute style, so it would be a pity if you eventually run out of ideas :3
oh I have a lot of those ;;)

2) I'm a little bit suspicious if the Shadow Academy can be really called a school... If they teach only vampire-related topics, I wonder how long the curriculum can be (so far only 2 subjects were mentioned that could take more than several months to learn -- vampire history and vamponomics) %) Perhaps the main difference between wizards (from Harry Potter) and vampires is that vampires require mostly practical skills, not some arcane knowledge taking 5 years to learn ^_^
That's inspired by my own education- I don't know about you but I went to Parson's School of Design and I didn't take one course that didn't have to do with Art...Nah! :p

3) How much detailed your "shadow realm" currently is? There's a whole bunch of questions one can ask (such as "How high is the population of vampires, what's their birth/death rate, and are there any social issues?", "Do vampires really need to interact with humans, taking into account their economical (and food-supply?) independency?", and even "Can the vampires in question be really considered dead from the biological point of view?" xD)... However, answering such questions is unnecessary (and even bad) for the light-hearted stories like yours. Nevertheless, I hope an internally coherent background would be revealed as the story goes on =)
Well that all sounds rather dry to my Hippy Punker New Aged Brain- But as a Virgo I see my world pretty clearly and so what I show you is a glimpse
into my living imagination and the memories I have growing up in NYC- a lot of the Shadow Realm is based on neighborhoods I loved- not tellin which- my secret :p nah again!

By the way, do you maybe know tvtropes.org? I've stumbled upon a link to your webcomic there ;)
I saw that link on my little thing that tells me my hits- yes I've been there- most of it is cute some is not correct and I learned what 'fan service' was- as i said i thought it meant being polite to your readers- which I do try to be-thank you for your questions- live long and prosper! :ymhug:

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: Q & A with HollyG

Post by midgetshrimp »

Heh, not knowing what "fan-service" is. You're so cute *pinches your cheeks*
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

towerwarlock

Post by towerwarlock »

When will vol#4 of the manga be out?

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

Mini Manga vol 4 will be available at San Diego Comicon first...then stay tuned

towerwarlock

Post by towerwarlock »

PLEASE HURRY! California is a little too far for me to travel. I live deep in the badlands of Texas in San Antonio. Yours is one of the few webcomics that I regularly follow.

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

:ymblushing:

towerwarlock

Post by towerwarlock »

Hey, what can I say. I know what I like. Although someone should tell le Bon's crew they are unfashionable. No one has dressed like they do in 200 years. Even the French gave up those clothes when they realized everyone was laughing at them.

Anyways, I may have only found SchoolBites in the last 2 months, but I still know what I like, and this is it. It is better than TrueBlood and the Southern Vampires Series. Better than Twilight and that bunch. I mean alot of Twilight fans even think that the Lord of the Rings books came out after the movies. =)) L-) :)) :))

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

Really?! :-o they don't know about LOTR
oh my 8-|

er.. I beg to differ on the fashion front...being an ex designer
please refer to Betsey Johnson and Emilie Autumn for that PunkTorian look
I live it baby!
go those outfit in my closet!

towerwarlock

Post by towerwarlock »

Oops oh well. I well it could be alot worse. I remember from one old comic book series that the vampires all ran arround in day-glo neon colors and were considered trendy. Of course that was the 1980's (ICK!).

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

I loved the neon trend!
I had the world's coolest neon green strappy pumps!
My God Father was Bernie Ozer- my mom was a model in the 60s and went into Design after
she even did diane von furstenberg's line...I am a children of haute couture Baby!
Remember the Purple crazy in the late 70s...ya that was me ;;)

towerwarlock

Post by towerwarlock »

Not me, I could not do the neon trend. For me I wore cowboy boots, jeans, and my own Battlestar Galactica Viper Pilot jacket from the original series, that was given to me by the cast. It was way too large for me, I mean I was only 6, but I did not care.

HollyG
Pixie Witch

Post by HollyG »

not me Babycakes! I think I was 18 and lovin the neon thang!
(did cowboy look back in the seventies)

towerwarlock

Post by towerwarlock »

For me it was the 1970's. and the 1980's.

laughingvulcan

Post by laughingvulcan »

Hey, Holly!
First post here!

1. Are you going to delve into the backgrounds of our little group more? Show when they were changed and by who? (Aside from Imp and Fujiko)
I am curious about my current fave, Ms. Regina Sharp...err...Ms. Cleobatra. (What would her parents do if they met her NOW? Very religious types COULD view vampires as irredeemably evil...or her parents could be wrestling with those beliefs because they want to still love her...) :ymhug: :-* :((

2. I'm also curious to see if anyone, human or vampire, brings up to Anna Mia that doing the 'vampire thing' on the humans could be just as kind as veganism. I mean, she likely became Vegan because she didn't want to kill anything, right? If she drinks carefully, wouldn't it be the same thing? She's not killing the human... :-? Course, that doesn't mean she won't STILL be wrestling with herself...

3. Also, does proximity of humans to our heroines kick up their bloodlust any?

4. Holly, this is PROBABLY a weird question, but if Cherri, Anna Mia, and Sugar Shock were real, what color would you see their skin color as actually being? I'm trying to see if I can do one of them (likely Cherri) in 3D, but I can't really get a bead on the skin color. Are they slate gray, light (ash) gray, light purple, light blue, white? Is there any specific CMYK or RGB color you use when illustrating the girls? :-B :-B

5. I would be interested to see the occasional friendly human working with our vamp friends...whether it's Cherri's current crush or someone else. (Hey, maybe Jim or you could make a cameo!) It'd be nice to see our gang prove that being VAMPED doesn't mean you turn evil...like in the movies. (Although Mr. Le Bom would be one of the rotten apples that winds up scaring the humans again!)

6. I would like to see your husband's take on the gang (if he has the time and inclination) as far as something like a group shot or something. With his talent for the female form (He DID do another cat woman after all...!), that might make a cool poster for you to sell in the store. I realize he's probably rather busy, and his realistic style probably wouldn't work with a chapter in this lighthearted series, but I thought I'd toss the idea up for both of your consideration, if possible.

With HIS artistic skills, and YOURS, Holly...I'm willing to bet your kids will likely be fantastic artists, when the day comes!

I hope I didn't ask too much or get too weird, Holly... 8-} 8-}
And thanks for creating these characters!

Be well, all!
Greg